• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Looking forward to Nexus One

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I hope that the Nexus One will be like firing a second stage for the take off of OS Android.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, me too. 3.7" AMOLED sounds NICE!

P

Posted · Report post

I can't wait either :-)

Posted · Report post

I m not too sure about the design though..looks rather plain for a high profile phone. And it seems missing a few hardware features compare to the specs leaked for HTC Bravo (FM Radio, Optical trackmouse and etc). My question would be if the HTC version gonna top this one in terms of design and specs.

And also, what about Motorola Droid as a better looking phone? I m spoiled for choice... :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

and also, multitouch seems to be another key thing missing...perhaps there s a slim chance the UK version will have it, just like the Milestone vs Droid..

Having said that, the sound of a snapdragon processor is good enough to put it on my shopping list...

Edited by cezent

Posted · Report post

Is it going to be so good that it would be worth me selling my hero in favour of the Nexus?

I guess time and reviews will tell.

Posted · Report post

Is it going to be so good that it would be worth me selling my hero in favour of the Nexus?

I guess time and reviews will tell.

I am having the same dielmma so your not alone!

Posted · Report post

I am having the same dielmma so your not alone!

Me too, and HTC's delay in the Android 2.0 hero update is not helping with my decision making at all!!

Posted · Report post

Me too, and HTC's delay in the Android 2.0 hero update is not helping with my decision making at all!!

ive played with the 2.1 rom for the hero and is looking very promising, its faster than the 3.0 MCR rom in some things but slower else where...

But its hardware at the end of the day... Nexus One hasnt had its hardware spec fully released yet (anyone have any links to correct me?)

A shy off 1Ghz proc and 3.7 amoled screen, BT 2.1 etc etc, that puts the iPhone 3GS to shame by quite a way especialy if batt life matches...

Whats the bets on retail price? I heard that they will only sell it unlocked but that might be usa only.

If i could pick one up for less than £200 (after including the sale of the hero) I would definatly consider it....

Arg.....

Posted · Report post

Me too, but I'm fairly sure the N1 will blow the hero away due to double the power, plus Google will be updating it constantly, plus plus it won't have sense ui that does sap a bit of speed from the hero.

Basically so long as the reviews don't slag the phone off, I'll be getting one and the Hero goes on Ebay. I was waiting for the Bravo, but this Nexus will do the job!

Me too, but I'm fairly sure the N1 will blow the hero away due to double the power, plus Google will be updating it constantly, plus plus it won't have sense ui that does sap a bit of speed from the hero.

Basically so long as the reviews don't slag the phone off, I'll be getting one and the Hero goes on Ebay. I was waiting for the Bravo, but this Nexus will do the job!

I think im with you there. just hope the Hero price doesnt drop through the floor when everyone else does the same lol

Edited by Chris Jenx

Posted · Report post

$530 USD unlocked?

Worth it?

Posted · Report post

$530 USD unlocked?

Worth it?

Bargain!

That's a lot cheaper than Motorola Milestone / HTC HD2 (well, at least in UK)...I m not sure how this is going to be penned out globally though. If google is distributing it unlock directly as one of the main channel, surely it must be easy to roll it out globally at the same time.

Having said that, there is no rumour of any carrier "supporting" the Nexus One sales in UK (t-mobile is subsedizing it in US). On the terms of sales from nexusoneblog.com there is mentioning of international buyer liable for custom duty/tax. One wild guess could be all the sales globally will be processed in and shipped from California, which means international buyer will end up paying a lot higher than $530 (and possibly weeks of delay for the shipment to clear custom).

Posted · Report post

Paul,

You mentioned on ur twitter a HTC passion variant in late Jan/early Feb. do u have any insight in how the device will be different from Nexus one? ;) apart from the SenseUI (possibly the espresso version? B)) and the wonderful HTC pinch to zoom, I m mainly interested in if the HTC version will have a better look (like the gorgeous HD2 :) ).

Was having a geek chat among a couple of friends on Christmas eve and the consensus is HTC produce the best looking phone these days. That HD2 get envious eyes from iphone owners everywhere!

Ced

Posted · Report post

$530 is a bargain considering when I got my Hero for $700 (last year, right when it just came out).

Man, just when I got my Hero customized the way I wanted it, there goes HTC selling a cheaper, faster, and better Android phone. :)

I might just eBay my Hero and cut my losses... ;)

Bargain!

That's a lot cheaper than Motorola Milestone / HTC HD2 (well, at least in UK)...I m not sure how this is going to be penned out globally though. If google is distributing it unlock directly as one of the main channel, surely it must be easy to roll it out globally at the same time.

Having said that, there is no rumour of any carrier "supporting" the Nexus One sales in UK (t-mobile is subsedizing it in US). On the terms of sales from nexusoneblog.com there is mentioning of international buyer liable for custom duty/tax. One wild guess could be all the sales globally will be processed in and shipped from California, which means international buyer will end up paying a lot higher than $530 (and possibly weeks of delay for the shipment to clear custom).

Import taxes, VAT and handling costs would add up to at least 25% on top making it at least $670 = £422.

Edited by worcester4x4

Posted · Report post

Import taxes, VAT and handling costs would add up to at least 25% on top making it at least $670 = £422.

That's still cheaper than the hero new unlocked

Posted · Report post

That's still cheaper than the hero new unlocked

No it's not. £360 from MobileFun

Posted · Report post

Remember logistics are being handled by HTC - it could well ship to the UK from the UK.

P

Posted · Report post

in 2 days time, Hero will be "so last year"..that's a thought

Posted · Report post

What about this rumour that the phone will be invite only? they certainly like having invite only services:gmail at the beginning, google voice, google wave..and etc..I still remember getting my first Gmail invite from ebay for 99p many years ago...

Posted · Report post

Sorry that WOULD be cheaper than the Hero was, when it was first released. I know the hero is much cheaper now... but it has been out 5 months now.

Remember logistics are being handled by HTC - it could well ship to the UK from the UK.

P

thats good to hear.

Posted · Report post

P

Not at the equivalent of $530 though I'll bet.

Posted · Report post

We'll find out soon enough I guess! :)

P

Posted · Report post

We'll find out soon enough I guess! :)

P

Yep, hopefully.