Nexus One, 3g in Europe

Guest qvert

As far as i know, the Nexus One will use this base bands: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/me...tmobile-att.jpg but in Europe all Downlink Basebands are based between 2000 und 2100 MHz

Does anyone know if the Nexus One will work in our 3G Networks? If i understand it correctly the Nexus could use the Uplink because it uses the 1900 Baseband, but can't use the Downlink because it doesnt support 2100 MHz Baseband? Is it correct or is there a fault?

Sorry for my crappy english :)

Guest Chris Jenx
As far as i know, the Nexus One will use this base bands: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/me...tmobile-att.jpg but in Europe all Downlink Basebands are based between 2000 und 2100 MHz

Does anyone know if the Nexus One will work in our 3G Networks? If i understand it correctly the Nexus could use the Uplink because it uses the 1900 Baseband, but can't use the Downlink because it doesnt support 2100 MHz Baseband? Is it correct or is there a fault?

Hard to say but I thought Europe was 1900 to 2100 but some one better informed could give u a better answer

Guest Chris Jenx

Just another thought.. thats what has been posted to the FCC which is the USA reg, would that only cover the frequencies that concern them or all of the freqs used by the phone?

Either way It would be stupid to create the phone which isnt supported world wide?

i am not sure... i don't know if for exampe the sprint cdma hero will work in our 3g networks? never thought about it

But if the second spec sheet is correct then it should work in europe right? because it hase the same information then my hero and it's of course working here

edit:

if we believe the first source then the nexus one is not able to use our 3g because it can't use the 2000-2100 baseband for the downlink

if we believe the second source then the nexus one is not able to use our 3g because it can't use the 1900 baseband for the uplink

so the problem is, that we can't trust both sources and they say different things to the baseband

anyone having a nexus in europe yet and can give us a clear statement if it's working on 3g? If it's working on which provider / country on which baseband?

edit2:

i took a little screenshot on what the HTC page says to my hero and what i know about the specs of the nexus one:

on the left site the hero (sorry for german) on the right side the nexus...

for me it looks like they use the same bands + the AWS band?

so i think it should work in europe or what do you think?

post-433054-1262208417_thumb.png

Edited by qvert

Guest kam187

2100 is the band for the UK and alot of europe. Dont get confused by uplink and download frequencies. The paired band 2100 is also known as IMT

Google 'UMTS2100' or 'UMTS-IMT' or 'UMTS-FDD and IMT' for more info

Guest matrix200

I asked Orange Israel (they use 2100 for UMTS according to their tech support).

They wouldn't officially confirm that it will work but they did they it should work fine with hsdpa.

Hope that helps :)

Guest Nitro Fan

I felt Google were being vague about 3G connectivity in Europe and to be honest I am still none the wiser :)

I think I am going to wait for the official UK variant of N1 still my favourite OR the X10 if Sony Ericsson dont want the earth for it and finally get there act together enough to get their Timescape and Mediascape secondary UI to work efficiently and install Android 2.1 from day one! But from bitter experience of SE I am not holding my breath!!!!

Edited by Nitro Fan

Guest dogei22

I got my Nexus One yesterday (ordered from US) and at least in Finland the 3G works fine.

It took me a while to get it up and running but that was because there are no (Finnish) APNs included in the phone so you have to configure the access points manually. After than, 3G works perfectly. As I'm on a 384kbps data subscription, I can not test the max speed of the phone but at least the 384 kbps speed limited by my operator is easily reached.

Guest vladu932

Sofia, Bulgaria - M-Tel - 3G works like a charm on nexus one.

София, България - МТел 3G работи перфектно на nexus one / нексус 1

some data speed tests for M-Tel Bulgaria:

EDGE - 151kbps download / 97kbps upload / ping 474ms

3G - 1294kbps / 348kbps / 214ms

WiFi @ home - 13424kbps / 3976kbps / 12ms

Edited by vladu932