24/Feb 1.6.2 - RA-nexus Recovery Image

Guest Amon_RA

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BooToo

Hi All,

First post and first day in the Android world so please be genttle :(

I have followed all the instructions and sucessfully installed the recovery image on my Nexus.

However, each time I enter in recovery mode, I get the exclamation mark with the nice little droid.

I know this is mention in the original post but am unsure of what I am suppose to do to fix it.

"Check if there's no /system/etc/install-recovery.sh script if you keep booting back in the stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android)."

I checked and did find the above script name in my system/etc folder.

My question: Am I suppose to delete this script to make the recovery image work?

Thank you all in advance and Android ROCKS!!!!

BooToo

Edited by BooToo

Guest BooToo

I will answer myself as I found the answer on another forum...

YES, this script needs to be deleted.

In my case however, it did not help and I still boot on recovery mode to the droid with the explanation mark...

Weird...

Guest thatskanyon
Hi All,

First post and first day in the Android world so please be genttle :(

I have followed all the instructions and sucessfully installed the recovery image on my Nexus.

However, each time I enter in recovery mode, I get the exclamation mark with the nice little droid.

I know this is mention in the original post but am unsure of what I am suppose to do to fix it.

"Check if there's no /system/etc/install-recovery.sh script if you keep booting back in the stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android)."

I checked and did find the above script name in my system/etc folder.

My question: Am I suppose to delete this script to make the recovery image work?

Thank you all in advance and Android ROCKS!!!!

BooToo

where do i go to delete that script... i may be having the same problem... Im a n00b btw lol.. I really need this! thanks guys!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest souliloquy
where do i go to delete that script... i may be having the same problem... Im a n00b btw lol.. I really need this! thanks guys!!

I used the terminal emulator app in the market. Once the application starts, type the following:

su

cd system

cd etc

mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.sh.bck

That won't delete the file. It just renames the file so the system won't recognize it.

In my case, the system doesn't let me delete or move the file even though I have root access.

In the Superuser app, it clearly indicates Terminal Emulator as having SU access. Any idea on what else I can do? I have tried typing

su mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.sh.bck

but still no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vEsprit

hi .. i need a quick reply.. my N1 right now is stuck at the X logo (the 4 color logo) and cant boot up.. Even recovery isnt working..

I tried to change my fonts with Type Fresh and now my phone won't even start.

It gets stuck at the first Nexus logo(4 color X). My recovery via bootloader-> power+trackball button

also not working. It gets back to the first menu after showing the Nexus X Logo for a split second

(under the option: "Fastboot . Recovery . Clear Storage . Simlock menu", i choose Recovery and press

power button but it goes back to "Bootloader. Reboot . Reboot Bootloader . Power Down" menu after

showing the Nexus X logo for a split second)

someone told me i should flash recovery via Fastboot.. Before this problem i flashed Cyanogen Mod Rc2 with Rom Manager

with no problems.. I am not sure if i did a backup via Amonra or Clockwork Recovery. Can i flash a clockwork recovery via Ra-Nexus recovery and vice versa ? Is the recovery files universal ?

SO... since i used the 1-Click root method (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=747598), my bootloader is

pretty much still locked.. Do i have to unlock it to install this Ra Nexus recovery ?

i am on FRF91

Hboot -0.33.0012

Radio -4.06.00.12_7

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gaeng4665

hi, i recently sold my desire for a N1.

on my desire i used clockworkmod recovery because it manage to do nand with ext.

Since i have a n1 now and everyone is using amonra recovery i figured it will be possible now to do nand+ext backups. but apparentely it isn't.

can't restore my nand+ext on amonra 1.8.0.1 ....

it always tells me to use nandroid-mobile.sh in adb. Well i tried, but no luck in restoring my nand+ext backups.

What am i doing wrong? please help me, i searched everything on the xda thread, but wasn't lucking...

is there a fix for that? or do i have to switch again to clockworkmod recovery?????

many thanks for your help

Edited by gaeng4665

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr Pockets151

where do I check for

Check if there's no /system/etc/install-recovery.sh script if you keep booting back in the stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android).

I keep getting the exclamation mark

Using superboot I get an error unable to flash rom. I did the unlock bootloader and I get the INFodeivce is already unlocked!

I can also see my serial number so there is a connection. I'm a total newbie to N1. I do have a HD2 with CM6 so not totally illiterate. Just can't find any helpful links.

I've got a problem with "stuck on boot animation loop". My buddy sent me this to try and fix for him.

Edited by Mr Pockets151

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest photo_journ
This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.

Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items. Use the Volume-down key to go back to a previous menu.

Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!

Please make sure that your ROM supports apps2sd if you plan to use the ext-features! (/system/sd MUST be available in the ROM)

Features

• full ADB access in recovery mode
  • Awesome Care-Bear version! (Blame packetlss for talking me into it :P)
  • Busybox v1.15.3
  • Kernel with ext3 + ext4 support
  • HW-Key navigation (Trackball + Volume-key) option
  • Extended menu :
    • Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
    • USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
    • Backup/Restore
      • Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup, the following partitions are NOT included :
        • Recovery (to avoid restoring old version)
        • Cache (no need to backup imo)
        • Misc (no need to backup imo + restore issues on some phones)
        • Splash1+2 (no need to backup imo + restore issues on some phones)

• Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
        • Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
        • BART backup :: Make a BART backup (Nand + ext)
        • BART restore :: Restore latest BART backup

• Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from your sdcard
        • Wipe
          • Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache
          • Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe Dalvik-cache both on /data and ext
          • Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard
          • Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data
          • Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data

• Partition sdcard
            • Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
            • Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
            • SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
            • SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4

• Other
              • Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
              • Move apps+dalv to SD :: Moves all apps and Dalvik-cache to sdcard (This will NOT enable apps2sd!)
              • Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)

• Power off :: Powers off your phone

• Scripts available via adb :

Install

Pre-Requirements :

- unlocked bootloader : How to unlock the bootloader.

- root access : Modaco's superboot.

Check if there's no /system/etc/install-recovery.sh script if you keep booting back in the stock recovery (exclamation mark with a little Android).

via fastboot

Copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img to a location where fastboot can find it.

Boot your phone into fastboot mode (power on while holding the trackball)

Connect your phone via usb to your pc/mac/...

fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your phone)

fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img
              via terminal app
              Copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img to the root of your sdcard

start the terminal app

su(press enter)

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img(press enter)

reboot recovery(press enter)

How to boot in Recovery Mode

[*]Boot the phone while holding down the VOLUMEDOWN-key.

[*]Navigate to RECOVERY with the the VOLUMEDOWN-key.

[*]Press the POWER-key to select.

Download

ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.

Click on the Mirror-link if you don't like rapidshare

Latest :

[*]recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img (Click here to download from a Mirror) - MD5Sum: ff5fd441763c238a7c17ac1435b07dc1

[*]recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2-green.img (Click here to download from a Mirror) - MD5Sum: 6dcb29999d611e47325d759eef87bd02

[*]recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2-pink.img (Click here to download from a Mirror) - MD5Sum: b2f74ec86cc8e98ddc52edcafe2df2ed

Change-log :

v1.6.2

[*] New unyaffs binary patched by Koushik Dutta and Packetlss to fix the "losing root"-issue and incorrect file-time after a Nandroid restore.

v1.6.1

[*] New unyaffs binary patched by Koushik Dutta and Packetlss to fix the "losing root"-issue and incorrect file-time after a Nandroid restore

[*] New dump_image binary (by Brainaid) patched by Packetlss to fix the "bad blocks"- Nandroid restore issue. (This will not fix old corrupted Nandroid backups! Please make new backups!!)

[*] New mkyaffs2image binary

[*] New flash_image binary

[*] Reverted to the old green text color

[*] Switched the Nexus logo to a Green Carebear with Nexus One logo (Thanks Montalbert!)

v1.6.0

[*]Fixed mkyaffs2image-arm-uclibc which will hopefully fix the "losing root" issues after a nandroid restore (a big thanks to packetlss for the help on this one)

[*]Updated busybox to v1.5.3

[*]Recompiled kernel to fully support ext3 and ext4

[*]Added lots of ext-features + scripts to stop the a2sd nagging

[*]Created a carebear version after the idea of packetlss. Be aware that this version contains some "ultra-secret" features! :P

Special thanks to :

[*]packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti

[*]Koushik Dutta for the unyaffs binary code fix and help ^^

[*]Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!

[*]JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate

[*]pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid ;)

[*]Bkmo for his utility script!

[*]Devsk for his switchrom script!

[*]51dusty for his sdparted script!

[*]k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.

[*]Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART ;)

[*]rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.

[*]http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^

Hi,

I’m a total nobble at this and I’ve spent hours trolling this board and others looking for the answer.

I’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader and rooted my nexus one but can’t get passed updating the recovery file.

Like I said. I’m a total Noobie. I’m presuming the recovery file is installed before I install Cyanogen 6 ROM

Johns-MacBook-Pro:fastboot johnlefevre$ ./fastboot-mac oem unlock

... INFODevice was already unlocked!

OKAY

Johns-MacBook-Pro:~ john$ cd

Johns-MacBook-Pro:~ john$

Then reboot and placed the recovery-RA-nexus-v2.0.0.img on the root level of the SD card

Rebooted holding trackball.

Phone shows Fastboot USB highlighted in red

and Bootloader highlighted in blue

Johns-MacBook-Pro:~ john$ su

Password:

su: Sorry

Then I navigate to HBoot highlighted in Blue

and Recovery highlighted in blue

Johns-MacBook-Pro:~ john$ su

Password: (enter)

su: Sorry

If I press the power key with both Hboot and fastback highlighted in blue I get a scroll of green text which rapidly scrolls and then disappears. I can see that some of the entries are saying incorrect or wrong image

This is on a Mac using Terminal. So what am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest stevenz

First, there's a more recent AmonRa recovery:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611829

To install it:

Extract the recovery .IMG file to your desktop or preferably to the same location where the fastboot binary is.

Boot the phone to fastboot mode (the 3 skateboarding androids).

Connect the phone to the computer.

From a shell type;

fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.IMG

Obviously, replace "recoverfilename.IMG" with the name of the recovery file.

(this is the line "fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-nexus-v1.6.2.img" from the instructions in the initial post that you've missed)

You will get a bar go up the right top corner of the fastboot menu, once you get a completed notification, tap the power button on the phone, wait about 10 seconds then press the "Volume Down" button once to highlight "RECOVERY" and then tap the power button again. You should then boot into the AmonRa recovery menu from which you can flash any update .ZIP files that are stored on the microSD card in the phone.

Edited by stevenz