What's the total cost?

Guest Mantisen

Guest Mantisen

Hi!

I've been oogling the N1 since it came out, but alas I live in Sweden and can't order it from google.com/phone and most alternatives are quite expensive (eBay etc). But since I have a friend in the UK that I could order it through (she orderes it, I pay for it and she sends it to me) I thought Id use that opportunity.

So, my question to all you brits that've gotten it by now is: How much did it cost you? Including taxes, shipping, etc. And what does the parcel weigh in at (need the info to estimate shipping from UK to Sweden) :)

Thanks in advance.

Mantisen

Edited by Mantisen

Hi!

I've been oogling the N1 since it came out, but alas I live in Sweden and can't order it from google.com/phone and most alternatives are quite expensive (eBay etc). But since I have a friend in the UK that I could order it through (she orderes it, I pay for it and she sends it to me) I thought Id use that opportunity.

So, my question to all you brits that've gotten it by now is: How much did it cost you? Including taxes, shipping, etc. And what does the parcel weigh in at (need the info to estimate shipping from UK to Sweden) :)

Thanks in advance.

Mantisen

Calculated it to be £412, not including potential shipping from UK to Sweden.

Guest kam187

fyi you can also use services like 'shipitto' which will provide you with a virtual US address, which forwards your mail to whichever country you like. You can do it for a one off package so its really not overkill - its about $8.

Only problem is that you'll then pay about 50$ US tax since its going to a US address, then any duty/tax for shipping to your own country.

Not much use to you, but might be usefull for others that read this thread. Its a good alternative to ebay where it'll cost you > 50$ above the normal price.

Guest blunden

It will be charged to your account in USD, even if you buy from the UK. $558.65 with shipping but excluding VAT which I believe is 17,5% or something like that in the UK.

Guest zeus_hunt
Customers ordering from the UK are charged $20 international shipping and an optional $19.99 for an AC adaptor, with an additional 17.5% VAT and 6.5% import duty being added. Singapore applies 7% GST, while Hong Kong does not add any additional taxes.

Hope This Helps.

Guest Mantisen

Wow, had alot of helpful answers overnight I see B) Thanks alot everyone :) Gotta crunch some numbers and add one final question, I figure that the Royal Mail can be trusted to deliver the N1 from UK to Swe? ;)

Guest pulser
Wow, had alot of helpful answers overnight I see B) Thanks alot everyone :) Gotta crunch some numbers and add one final question, I figure that the Royal Mail can be trusted to deliver the N1 from UK to Swe? ;)

In my experience of Royal Mail, I would not trust them to deliver something valuable like that. Even with recorded/signed delivery, I have had things go missing quite regularly. Presuming your Swedish system is a lot more trustworthy than ours, it may be worth a shot, but courier shipping would possibly be a better option (real-time tracking is probably an advantage here)

Guest saquib

When I needed to ship a mobile abroad previously from the UK, I was told their insurance provision does not cover mobiles! Must go missing a lot. Might be different now or depend on country.

Guest Mantisen
In my experience of Royal Mail, I would not trust them to deliver something valuable like that. Even with recorded/signed delivery, I have had things go missing quite regularly. Presuming your Swedish system is a lot more trustworthy than ours, it may be worth a shot, but courier shipping would possibly be a better option (real-time tracking is probably an advantage here)

Hmm, perhaps direct import is a better alternative then (from the US that is) since the shipping from UK will stack up a bit if I don't go Royal Mail. :) I mean direct import is around $735 and the UK way will end up around £450 which is about the same at current rates, dunno if I the US way saves me from paying Swedish taxes though. B)

Ah well, back to the drawing board B) Thanks for all the help ;)

And as a side note, Swedish mail is quite reliable ;)

Guest kam187
It worked out to around £412 to £434. Depending on how the duty is calculated, and if it is at all.

There's no duty on mobiles to the UK. You'll only get duty charged on the accesories i.e. the UK charger if you didnt remove it.

The whole total is subject to 17.5% VAT tho.

Guest toratti

Ordered mine to a friend in UK, was planning to use UPS to deliver it to Finland.

Not going to trus royal mail with my preciouss...

Just with they would ship the god damn thing already (ordered 7th 15:00 GMT+2)

Guest kam187
Hmm, perhaps direct import is a better alternative then (from the US that is) since the shipping from UK will stack up a bit if I don't go Royal Mail. :) I mean direct import is around $735 and the UK way will end up around £450 which is about the same at current rates, dunno if I the US way saves me from paying Swedish taxes though. B)

Ah well, back to the drawing board B) Thanks for all the help ;)

And as a side note, Swedish mail is quite reliable ;)

Check out http://www.shipito.com/

You'll pay about 50$ tax (I think its about 10%) and then shipitto will reship to you however u want eg fedex. You'll always pay the tax/duty into your country. Technically you should be able to claim the US tax back, since you have proof it left the country (the Fedex/shipitto bill).

Guest Mantisen

I decided to skip the UK way and ordered it through international-orders.com which landed me around $738,80 with an European style charger in the package, figured it would cost me about

the same importing it through UK.

Ordered mine to a friend in UK, was planning to use UPS to deliver it to Finland.

Not going to trus royal mail with my preciouss...

Just with they would ship the god damn thing already (ordered 7th 15:00 GMT+2)

What did you end up with in total if you take the UK -> Soumi shipping with UPS? The main reason I direct imported was that I thought shipping from UK to Sweden raised the price to much.