linux tools coming to MCR

Guest freeasabeer

I'm want to contribute it! )))

Also - busybox have receipt to use an external toolchain.

Also - this is a really good idea - to create repository on opkg for some linux packages!

Share you work! This is a good project.

Also, one of developers of gnash also build some building wheel ))) - http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Building_for_Android

------------------------------

Also - i current working on integrating uClibc++ for C++ on standart toolchain for building c++ programs more easy.

Do you building some c++ programs? Or have any receipts on it?

------------------------------

And I know other people, who very intrested for this. And they have needed exp. for contibuting in.

Edited by XVilka

HOWTO build xvid (latest version from official site)

Download and unpack:

cd src/build/generic

./configure --host=arm --target=arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi CC="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc" \

CXX="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++" STRIP="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-strip" \

AR="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ar" AS="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-as" \

LD="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ld" RANLIB="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ranlib" \

OBJDUMP="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-objdump" NM="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-nm" \

CROSS_COMPILE="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-" \

CFLAGS=" -nodefaultlibs -nostdlib -fPIC -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -O3" \

CXXFLAGS=" -nodefaultlibs -nostdlib -fPIC -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -O3" \

LDFLAGS=" -fPIC -static -s -L$HOME/build/cross/sys-root/usr/lib -lm -lc" --prefix="$HOME/build/cross/sys-root/usr"

cd =build

rm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ld -shared -s -o libxvidcore.so -whole-archive libxvidcore.a

libxvidcore.so ready to use and none needed for it - just copy in lib directory.

Adopted for HTC Hero ))

Edited by XVilka

Guest freeasabeer
I'm want to contribute it! )))

Also - busybox have receipt to use an external toolchain.

Also - this is a really good idea - to create repository on opkg for some linux packages!

Share you work! This is a good project.

Ok, will do then.

I'm just a bit busy at the moment... so the move to github will happen between tonight and next weekend, depending on how I will be able to manage my spare time ;)

Guest ermacwins
HOWTO build xvid (latest version from official site)

Download and unpack:

cd src/build/generic

./configure --host=arm --target=arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi CC="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc" \

CXX="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++" STRIP="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-strip" \

AR="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ar" AS="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-as" \

LD="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ld" RANLIB="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ranlib" \

OBJDUMP="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-objdump" NM="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-nm" \

CROSS_COMPILE="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-" \

CFLAGS=" -nodefaultlibs -nostdlib -fPIC -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -O3" \

CXXFLAGS=" -nodefaultlibs -nostdlib -fPIC -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -O3" \

LDFLAGS=" -fPIC -static -s -L$HOME/build/cross/sys-root/usr/lib -lm -lc" --prefix="$HOME/build/cross/sys-root/usr"

cd =build

rm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ld -shared -s -o libxvidcore.so -whole-archive libxvidcore.a

libxvidcore.so ready to use and none needed for it - just copy in lib directory.

Adopted for HTC Hero ))

n00b here but are you trying to add xvid support to android OS?

n00b here but are you trying to add xvid support to android OS?

not trying - i just give it. But also support for this library needed in player applications.

to freeasabeer:

Can you share your busybox patches for source?

Edited by XVilka

Guest ermacwins
not trying - i just give it. But also support for this library needed in player applications.

to freeasabeer:

Can you share your busybox patches for source?

sorry, so what do I do to get divx playing on my phone now?

OK! After one week (i'll very busy for this week) i'm going to add some new packages of network utils and science.

Only library is ported, but soon we may see support for this library in some video players - i send needed full technical infromation to their authors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compiling yacas (lightweight but powerful CAS)

Download latest yacas, unpack and cd to yacas/src

copy XVilka-yacas.Makefile to Makefile and run:

make CC="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc" CROSS_COMPILE="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-" \

CFLAGS=" -static -fPIC $_XXFLAGS" CXXFLAGS=" -static -fPIC $_XXFLAGS" \

LDFLAGS=" -static -fPIC -s -L$HOME/build/cross/sys-root/usr/lib -lm -lc -lgcc -lstdc++" \

LD="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++" RANLIB="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ranlib" \

OBJDUMP="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-objdump" STRIP="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-strip" \

NM="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-nm" CXX="arm-android-linux-uclibcgnueabi-g++"

Done! Now we have yacas!

Copy thi on your dvice, also it need some scripts

(for example we may push scripts to /system/usr/local/etc/yacas)

cp /sdcard/test-build/yacas /system/usr/bin

chown root /system/bin/yacas

chmod 755 /system/bin/yacas

cp -r /sdcard/test-build/scripts/* /system/usr/local/etc/yacas

For the first run we exec:

yacas --rootdir /system/usr/local/etc/yacas

And then we can only type yacas

------------------------------------------------------------

On this place we can see a Qt library ported on Android. http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also I think that you must place this theme on top of Androids forum, not only for Hero, something like:

Project "Building from scratch and simple packaging linux tools on Android".

And give links to github. And I can add support for other chips and platforms (but after a week).

If you want, of course )

my.tar.gz

Edited by XVilka

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TomaszG
5. busybox

This is an updated busybox as compared to what Paul currently ships with MCR (even current betas).

See changelog below for a full description of what has changed and what the update package provide.

Beta Busybox 1.16.0 with modaco configuration + my ip resolv tweak !

Please fix download links (attachments).

Edited by TomaszG

Guest freeasabeer
So, having said that; the first action is to have opkg installed on your phone. To achieve this, download this specific opkg bootstrap opkg_bootstrap_v2.tar.bz2.zip ( 262.9K ) Number of downloads: 69

Please, please, please, use opkg as the first post clearly tells you to do.

By the way I have cleaned up the first post to remove all the old download links that are obviously dead links now.

Guest Smilgs

Hi. Have a problem with mc. zip for example installs just fine.

opkg install mc

Installing mc (4.6.2-1) to root...

Downloading http://freeasabeer.byethost33.com/android/...4.6.2-1_arm.ipk.

Collected errors:

* opkg_install_pkg: Package mc md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package mc.

Guest freeasabeer

I've checked mc ipk on the server and its md5 hash is correct (e945354d5bcb75f43675c5734f36871d), so I suspect you just got a corrupted downmoad.

Could you try again the following sequence:

opkg update

opkg install mc

Guest freeasabeer
Tried again - still same problem...

I have checked everything is ok on the server side. So it must be your download that gets corrupted at some point.

Do you have enough free space on the /data partition ?

Guest Smilgs

df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs 95.8M 0 95.8M 0% /dev

tmpfs 4.0M 0 4.0M 0% /sqlite_stmt_journals

/dev/block/mtdblock3 170.0M 145.4M 24.6M 86% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock5 165.8M 94.8M 71.0M 57% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock4 130.0M 1.3M 128.7M 1% /cache

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 915.1M 41.3M 825.0M 5% /system/sd

/dev/block//vold/179:1 2.7G 1.1G 1.6G 39% /sdcard

I have checked everything is ok on the server side. So it must be your download that gets corrupted at some point.

Do you have enough free space on the /data partition ?

Guest Andcr

I finally installed MCR 3.2 again and installed opkg and rsync this way

it works great

thanks again for all the hard work you put into this freeasabeer!

Guest cowai

My rsync can't seem to find anything on the web. (had to put the rsync ipk on the sdcard to install it)

But connecting to my server doesnt work? Is this the resolve thing?

Guest freeasabeer
My rsync can't seem to find anything on the web. (had to put the rsync ipk on the sdcard to install it)

But connecting to my server doesnt work? Is this the resolve thing?

Yes most probably.

The resolv things get installed with the busysbox ipk.

Which MCR relase are you running ? My understanding was that Paul did include the right busybox with the resolv things in the official MCR 3.2. I will check then what Paul did really include (I still do run my own customized 3.2b5...)

EDIT: I've checked the official MCR 3.2 (the full update.zip) and it does include the resolv trick.

Edited by freeasabeer

Guest cowai
Yes most probably.

The resolv things get installed with the busysbox ipk.

Which MCR relase are you running ? My understanding was that Paul did include the right busybox with the resolv things in the official MCR 3.2. I will check then what Paul did really include (I still do run my own customized 3.2b5...)

EDIT: I've checked the official MCR 3.2 (the full update.zip) and it does include the resolv trick.

Sorry I was on VillainROM!

When I updated busybox with opkg offline from the sdcard everything worked well. Rsync installed and functions perfectly. I use it together with gscript (as an icon on my home screen) to backup my photos to my home server, very smooth!

I have an suggestion! What about having nano in your repo? That would have been great!

Guest freeasabeer
I have an suggestion! What about having nano in your repo? That would have been great!

It's not there because it is already included in Paul's MCR !

Nevertheless I can make a ipk for nano so that people that do not have nano already included in their custom rom can easily add it.

Guest cowai
It's not there because it is already included in Paul's MCR !

Nevertheless I can make a ipk for nano so that people that do not have nano already included in their custom rom can easily add it.

Yes that would have been very much appreciated. Many people these days I think have upgraded to 2.1...