• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Podcast apps

2 posts in this topic

Whilst I know that there is no 'best' response to a question like, I thought I would get some feedback from users as to what they feel is the best podcast app and why...I'm looking into getting a decent one and I wanted some thoughts.

As far as I can see, some of the main players are:

Google listen

I've tried Beyondpod so far, and I like it in once sense...that it gets me what I want. It's not that pretty to look at right now though.

Over to you guys...

Well I'm a big podcast fan so thought I'd chime in I've used all these Alps and I've got a couple of comments on each.

Beyondpod - Number 2 to Doggcatcher. Pretty good but can feel a bit messy at times. Overall a decent package.

Mediafly - One to keep an eye on not great at the minute. Its slightly buggy but good developers behind it.

Doggcatcher - Best out of all. Expensive at 6.99 but worth it. Very stable and feature complete my permanent podcatcher now.

Acast (see below)

Acast2 - Acast2 no longer exists. Dev has updated them to AcastC (compact) and Acast3. Both free (ad supported) versions are out. Both are mediocre AcastC paid is OK. Not any good for android 2.x has issues updating.

Google listen - to basic lacking decent subscription bits. Be interesting to see where Google take it.