I left my phone at home

Guest vinaymanro

Guest vinaymanro
thumb_17-Jan-2010_screenshot_MobileApp.png

I Left My Phone At Home™ is an application that runs on your Windows® Mobile phone (more platforms are coming soon!) that lets you see and respond to your missed phone calls and text messages when you are away from your phone.

Take a look at all you can do:
Track ALL your missed calls and text messages, even if you're not at your phone.
Respond to all your calls* and text messages by simply typing a response.
Set an away message to be sent to all missed calls and text messages, automatically!
See your upcoming appointments so you don't miss important meetings!
Never miss that important call, text message, or meeting again!

I've been using this for a week now, and have left it set to away. I can keep an eye on my phone, without even looking at the phone in my pocket, assuming I'm in front of a computer. I have noticed no additional battery drain, and the data usage is minimal, though I do still recommend having an unlimited data plan.

thumb_17-Jan-2010_screenshot_Dashboard.png

The app is available in the Windows Mobile Marketplace priced at $4.99. This gives you lifetime upgrades. New features are being added. Minimum requirements are a Windows Mobile 6.0 device.

Marketplace link
ILeftMyPhoneAtHome.com

Guest Alshandron

I'm a bit sceptic about this. If this program ran only locally and your phone would be the host of this application (aka it would work as a web server), I could try it. But as it sends information to another website, I can never be sure if the information is stored there or deleted after I delete my account.

Anyways, many people use their corporate e-mail, calendar and contacts on their phones and I suspect that not a single company would approve this application.

Guest DarkWanderer
Doesn't seem to be available on the UK marketplace!

I couldn't find it either, but I thought maybe that was because I'm using WM Standard without touch screen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.