No Android 2.xx update for X10?

Guest us1111

A person who claims to be well informed, is stating that there will be no upgrade on the xperia X10 at all.. According to this guy it will stay at 1.6.. /me thinks that's (total) nonsense.. Anyone else has heard this?

Edited by us1111

Guest josifbg
A person who claims to be well informed, is stating that there will be no upgrade on the xperia X10 at all.. According to this guy it will stay at 1.6.. /me thinks that's (total) nonsense.. Anyone else has heard this?

Of course this is not true :)

X10 will lunch with 1.6 and month or so later will`ve an update to 2.0 or 2.1 :)

Initially the phone were planed to be released with 2.0 but there was some delays with the OS and thay stuck with 1.6 for the lunch.

Don`t worry 2.0 or 2.1 will come for x10 for sure!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The_IMF
Of course this is not true :)

X10 will lunch with 1.6 and month or so later will`ve an update to 2.0 or 2.1 B)

Initially the phone were planed to be released with 2.0 but there was some delays with the OS and thay stuck with 1.6 for the lunch.

Don`t worry 2.0 or 2.1 will come for x10 for sure!!!

Well seeing as the launch has been delayed until April; you'd think they'd at least give it 2.0 instead of just 1.6. No one knows for a fact that it'll go up to 2.0 or 2.1.

Guest josifbg
Well seeing as the launch has been delayed until April; you'd think they'd at least give it 2.0 instead of just 1.6. No one knows for a fact that it'll go up to 2.0 or 2.1.

You wanna bet? :)

You wanna bet? :)

How can you be so sure.. There's more and more rumors getting around that SE is in a bit of trouble with the X10. Why wait with the release other than the fact that software is not ready yet? And if it's so hard to get the 1.6 release out of the door, imagine the labour it must cost to upgrade all software to 2.x?

It would really be ashame if the X10 will fail... In my opinion it is a really pretty and good specced phone... Apart from the USB being on such a ackward place B)

Edited by us1111

It will not fail. The latest test software is quite ok. Also I don't see any reason for hurrying up for 2.0 or 2.1 for the moment. SE has integrated most of the 2.0 functionalities in the current 1.6 SW.

Regarding the USB, the problem is not the place, the hood covering the port is pain in the a.. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The_IMF
It will not fail. The latest test software is quite ok. Also I don't see any reason for hurrying up for 2.0 or 2.1 for the moment. SE has integrated most of the 2.0 functionalities in the current 1.6 SW.

Regarding the USB, the problem is not the place, the hood covering the port is pain in the a.. :D

Multi touch working for all apps? Google Maps 4 available?

If not; whare are the 2.0 functionalities that you mention that have been integrated into 1.6?

• 1 month later...