ODEX script for unodex'd ROMs

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xTc is loVe
Paul exuse me, can you make a script to odex on windows like a script to zipalign that i have?

thanks so much :P

Thats the Stuff i want =) I like to unodex APK´s on my PC and odex them on the PC for Skinning.

But the only APK´s u really need to change the Skin of your ROM is framework-res.apk and it is always unodexed ;-)

Please build a Script someone =) This would be great! A Script to do all this on the phone would be enough, too =)

Post2:D Hey thanks for this script! Works great on Villian5.1!

Can u tell waht i have to do if i want to get the odex file into the rom? So that i can easily install it as an Update.zip?

I know how to build zips and how to sign them only want to know if i need a script or something to run the rom as a odex rom right at the first boot.....and where to push it... Hope u understand me!

Edit: Is there a script to unodex the ROM?

Edited by xTc is loVe

Guest stevenz

If you extract it via an OS that doesn't know what an executable bit is (i.e. Windows) you'll need to run;

adb shell sh /data/odex/odex.sh

instead.

Guest xTc is loVe
If you extract it via an OS that doesn't know what an executable bit is (i.e. Windows) you'll need to run;

adb shell sh /data/odex/odex.sh

instead.

There is no way to do this on the PC? With Linux? ( I have Opensuse 10.1 and Linpus Linux 9.5)

Is there a way to unodex apks on the phone? Or its just enough to sign the apk´s with the testkey on the pc?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Eddie1506
Is there a script to odex the framework?

Would like to know this too.

This script to odex /system/app worked like charm on VillainROM 5.5 & 6.1, but now I would like to odex framework jars and apks.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...