New WaveSecure out

Guest pulser

For anyone with wave secure on the system partition, they won't get the update notifications, so just a heads-up that 3.0.0.51 is out. New icon as well...

For anyone with wave secure on the system partition, they won't get the update notifications, so just a heads-up that 3.0.0.51 is out. New icon as well...

Cool, how do i got about doing the update then?

Market -> My Downloads and look for WaveSecure.

That won't update in the ROM, it'll install it in the /data partition which is lost during a wipe. Use the link in the MCR posts / just posted here, since wavesecure are now hosting zips themselves created using my script.

P

Guest MultiMartin

I downgraded one of my friends T-Mobile G2 yesterday so that I could install MoDaCo 3.1. The only method I could use was the Gold Card one. I flashed MoDaCo onto the phone and then the WaveSecure update also and there appeared to be no problems. However, I later discovered that WaveSecure was actually preventing the phone from making/receiving calls/text messages. I re-flashed the phone again with MoDaCo and the Wavesecure update and the same thing happened again. I then tried re-flashing just MoDaCo and installing WaveSecure from the market and again unable to make calls. The strange thing was the signal/3G icons were still showing as normal. According to the handset the phone was capable of making calls. I have ended up just removing WaveSecure from it now.

Has anybody else had issues with the new WaveSecure doing this? I'm on Orange using MoDaCo 3.1 and the older version of WaveSecure with no problems at all. I daren't update my version of WaveSecure now in case the same thing happens to my Hero.

I downgraded one of my friends T-Mobile G2 yesterday so that I could install MoDaCo 3.1. The only method I could use was the Gold Card one. I flashed MoDaCo onto the phone and then the WaveSecure update also and there appeared to be no problems. However, I later discovered that WaveSecure was actually preventing the phone from making/receiving calls/text messages. I re-flashed the phone again with MoDaCo and the Wavesecure update and the same thing happened again. I then tried re-flashing just MoDaCo and installing WaveSecure from the market and again unable to make calls. The strange thing was the signal/3G icons were still showing as normal. According to the handset the phone was capable of making calls. I have ended up just removing WaveSecure from it now.

Has anybody else had issues with the new WaveSecure doing this? I'm on Orange using MoDaCo 3.1 and the older version of WaveSecure with no problems at all. I daren't update my version of WaveSecure now in case the same thing happens to my Hero.

How was the problem manifesting itself? (ie. did any error appear, or did a call 'appear' to start but never get dialed?)

Not had this issue before, and I've had various versions on my phone for a while.

Sorry :D

Guest kjtaylor13

Hi,

I've just bought an Unlocked Hero for my wife and would like to put Wave Secure on her Hero, I'm going to put a recovery image on this evening, but I was then going to use a HTC Stock rom, rather than Modaco as I dont think she will need any of the extra's. Will I be able to use the wavesecure update.zip, or do I have to have a rooted rom for this.

Thanks

Kevin

Edited by kjtaylor13

Hi,

I've just bought an Unlocked Hero for my wife and would like to put Wave Secure on her Hero, I'm going to put a recovery image on this evening, but I was then going to use a HTC Stock rom, rather than Modaco as I dont think she will need any of the extra's. Will I be able to use the wavesecure update.zip, or do I have to have a rooted rom for this.

Thanks

Kevin

So long as you have patched recovery it will work fine.

All it does (literally) is copies the apk to /system/app

May be harder to remove it unless you re-enter recovery, which could be a benefit for security...

HTH

Guest blackcoffee85

Downloaded and installed the update.zip from the WS site. Would be handy if they linked this from their download page, with version numbers, so you can tell that it has been updated.

Guest MultiMartin
How was the problem manifesting itself? (ie. did any error appear, or did a call 'appear' to start but never get dialed?)

Not had this issue before, and I've had various versions on my phone for a while.

Sorry :D

It didn't give any indication that it was doing anything naughty but when I tried to make a call it just couldn't connect at all - no error messages, it was if there was no signal (although the signal was on three bars). Similarly when I tried to dial the phone from my own handset it went straight into voicemail.

It didn't give any indication that it was doing anything naughty but when I tried to make a call it just couldn't connect at all - no error messages, it was if there was no signal (although the signal was on three bars). Similarly when I tried to dial the phone from my own handset it went straight into voicemail.

Weird. You might want to contact the dev to see if there is a debug build you can install, then e-mail a log from. Can't really suggest more than that :D

I think their email is [email protected], but you might want to Google it and check.

Guest MultiMartin
Weird. You might want to contact the dev to see if there is a debug build you can install, then e-mail a log from. Can't really suggest more than that :D

I think their email is [email protected], but you might want to Google it and check.

Thanks for the advice but my friend is happy to use the phone without WaveSecure... I'm not going to make any issue out of it since it looks like the 2.1 update will be released soon and I will be flashing that :D

Thanks for the advice but my friend is happy to use the phone without WaveSecure... I'm not going to make any issue out of it since it looks like the 2.1 update will be released soon and I will be flashing that :D

Fair 'nuff. It's not a wide issue else we would have heard of it. Maybe a weird conflict with something. Oh well... I'm in the same boat as soon as an official 2.1 ROM is released and repacked.

Guest BandedHawk

I've found a problem with the new release. When you switch off the radio (go to Airplane mode) - it locks the phone and asks you to enter the PIN. I'll report it - just haven't got around to it yet.

Guest davey4444
I've found a problem with the new release. When you switch off the radio (go to Airplane mode) - it locks the phone and asks you to enter the PIN. I'll report it - just haven't got around to it yet.

This is by default and can be turned off in the settings.

Guest Landstalker

Hi there,

I have a problem with the WaveSecure registration. Whenever I try to register I get an error message saying "Registration Error: Error connecting to the server. Please ensure that internet can be accessed from the phone and try again." After clicking "Okay" WaveSecure closes. Internet access IS working from every other application. No change, if I switch between Wifi and mobile network. I'm running MCR 3.2 Beta 5 on a german T-Mobile G2 Touch.

Does anyone know this behaviour and has a possible solution?

Thanks!

Jens

Guest DarthOps
Hi there,

I have a problem with the WaveSecure registration. Whenever I try to register I get an error message saying "Registration Error: Error connecting to the server. Please ensure that internet can be accessed from the phone and try again." After clicking "Okay" WaveSecure closes. Internet access IS working from every other application. No change, if I switch between Wifi and mobile network. I'm running MCR 3.2 Beta 5 on a german T-Mobile G2 Touch.

Does anyone know this behaviour and has a possible solution?

Thanks!

Jens

I had that problem the other day when the wavesecure servers went down, any chance it could have something to do with the MWC? it was back up and running in an hour or two