HTC Desire (formerly Bravo) leaked press shot, the Nexus One for the masses - now with full specs!

Guest Monolithix

looks good, but I somehow dont find it as exciting as I thought...

The shape/colour/specs are too close to Nexus One. Other than the nice little touch of physical buttons, optical mouse and FM Radio (which I agree is a good feature to have), the phone looks somewhat like a well done Nexus One replica.

The one BIG BIG BIG concern i have over this handset is HTC's software support. however brilliant Sense UI is for the desire, judging from the way HERO's software are maintained, any Desire users can forget about any decent software updates while owning the handset. Nexus One got its first update globally within 3 weeks of initial release, such support wont happen for Desire.

The tradeoff would be Sense UI vs future Android native updates. Sense UI has a pretty face, I loved it from HERO and would like to get back on it at some stage, but not sure if I would like to get on board Desire knowing Nexus One has far better supports and same hardware capability.

The Andriod 2.1 also incorporated most features that previously only available in SenseUI, so unless the new version of Sense UI bring something unique to the table, I would personally let Google takes care of my software.

Also bear in mind that even Nexus One has not been officially released in UK yet. IF Desire releases only late in the year, It might be worth holding off for the next generation of andriod handset, the HTC Supersonic and the 1.5GHz Snapdragon one (or perhaps even Nexus Two).

Having said all these, I might just be unable to resist the temptation if the desire is really a thing of beauty :D

Guest carthesis
ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh!!! :D

Just need price........money waiting!

J

I honest to God can't put it any better than this! :D

There's an article on Engadget about it which suggests most of the major carriers have picked it up already, and it should be released sometime in Q2 - they say 'early' Q2, but that will probably end up around May/June time. That's only applicable for Europe though folks, I'm afraid.

Linkage: http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/htc-des...s-arrived/?s=t5

Try not to cry too much...

I honest to God can't put it any better than this! :D

There's an article on Engadget about it which suggests most of the major carriers have picked it up already, and it should be released sometime in Q2 - they say 'early' Q2, but that will probably end up around May/June time. That's only applicable for Europe though folks, I'm afraid.

Linkage: http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/htc-des...s-arrived/?s=t5

Try not to cry too much...

Actually Orange has been telling it's customers that they will have it in March (although they apparently were referring to it as the HTC Bravo). And guess what - I'm on Orange and am due an upgrade! :D :lol: :lol:

Guest SatanR1

I can see a a few Desire 'port' to Nexus One threads popping up soon ................. just like they ported the Hero to the G1, at least this time round the hardware specs are literally identical, it may actually work without much effort !

Guest Search Harder Look Deeper

Ok Nexus One owners don't get you knickers in a not. Got an excellent post that will calm your nerves. All the differences in the two phones can either be updated through Android or third party apps. Nexus One even has an FM transmitter in its chipset. Second voice to text and noise cancellation are what the Nexus has that the the Desire has not. Audience a third party company was employed to integrate voice cancellation in the phone HTC left that out of Desire to cut costs. Now we know Google did not spare anything making sure this was a top notch phone.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/31522/buy-...-for-htc-desire

Edited by Search Harder Look Deeper

Guest hamzax7x

most specs state that its NOT HD recording, their saying its D1

On HTC's own site it makes no mention of it, that was probably another phone(HTC Incredible, it matches with the new pics and that leak from decmber)

what im waiting for is the HTC Supersonic: 4.3 inch OLED, Sense UI, 720p recording and its on SPRINT, $70 gets you unlimited data and messages, with 450 minutes, NOW THATS A DEAL!

Guest android_lovah

does any1 have that sweet wallpaper? not necessarily the live one.

also, i saw a new web-browser on the Desire. what's that? looks sexy with that safari-ish progress bar.

Guest masterpfa

This seems a great phone with some nice features, although HTC Sense was what attracted me to Android and the Hero initially, it is no longer the deal breaker for me. So I'll be having a look at the Specs with this and the N1 side by side before I choose (Unfortunately not due an upgrade for 12mths :D)

So maybe a N1 for now and then what ever is available in a years time for my upgrade (1.5GHz Snapdragon Android Gingerbread????? :D :lol: :lol: :D )

Guest Search Harder Look Deeper

I sent a support request to HTC UK I asked them the following.

Hi, Wanted to confirm some specs if I decided to pre order the HTC Desire. Does the HTC Desire have Dolby Mobile Sound Enhancement? HD Video Recording 720P? FM Radio? DivX Support? Thank You

THE REPLY

We can confirm the HTC Desire will support by default the FM Radio feature but HD Video 720p, DivX, and Dobly Mobile are not supported in the Android operating system. We are not aware if there's a 3rd party supplier in the market but we suggest to research in Android foruns and internet dedicated sites.

Even the Nexus One has these chipsets and camera but Android is still in its early stages.

Hi, Wanted to confirm some specs if I decided to buy Google Nexus One. Does the nexus one have Camera Face or Smile detection? Is it capable of HD Video Recording 720P? DivX Support? Thank You

Due to the release of a new operating system this product doesn't offer the those features by default in the firmware. We are not aware if there's a 3rd party supplier in the market but is something to research in Android foruns and internet dedicated sites.

If there's any other enquiries, please let me know by responding using the link provided and I will be happy to check for you.

Guest hamzax7x

wow seriously, why the heck are they not adding these features if they are in the hardware

the nexus ones and desires sales would skyrocket if google or htc just enabled these features and designed apps for them

Guest masterpfa
Hmmmmmm, I'm due a free ugrade in 2 months.

Wonder what the chances are.. :D

Already own a Nexus so the Bravo seems logical :D

Some people have all the luck LOL

T-Mobile have it as coming in April on their site and Vodaphone are also claiming to be releasing in April

Guest rav1patel

Not going to buy anything until I get my Hero 2.1 update. Hopefully that will keep me happy enough for another few months.

Edit: Yay! My 100th post. Only took nearly six years.

Edited by rav1patel

I am cheaper getting the Nexus shipped from the states - Where is the $100 cheaper than the Nexus sh1t!! :D

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?partner=modaco&i=196001

£449.99 OOOOOucchh!

J

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Brands...509/p31043.aspx

Payg on Vodaphone - I'm expecting an easy unlock process so £378.99 is more interesting and getting closer to my target £300 to £350 price before I buy - Hopefully it will be available on ebay from 'upgraders' looking for some money! Roll on April :D

J

Guest hamzax7x

$629 on smggsm.com available for pre-order, not bad considering the nexus one here is still selling for $700 from retailers

and the price gets lower when this beast is actually released!!!

Guest garbiel
Ok Nexus One owners don't get you knickers in a not. Got an excellent post that will calm your nerves. All the differences in the two phones can either be updated through Android or third party apps. Nexus One even has an FM transmitter in its chipset. Second voice to text and noise cancellation are what the Nexus has that the the Desire has not. Audience a third party company was employed to integrate voice cancellation in the phone HTC left that out of Desire to cut costs. Now we know Google did not spare anything making sure this was a top notch phone.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/31522/buy-...-for-htc-desire

OK. Im still a little confused here! does this mean that desire WONT be able install noise cancellation software, say through a Modaco release. Additionally, is voice to text exclusive to N1 or can it be ported for the sense ui too? as for the radio, or rather lack of, im not too pushed. I would just like some of the features such as noise cancellation and v2t on the htc!

Guest hamzax7x

im guessing voice to text is possible, but noise cancellation has to do with the hardware, the N1 has two microphones, one for talking and the other to achieve noise cancellation whereas the desire only has one microphone for talking

I also read desire have the dual mic tech for noise cancellation like the nexus does if true that kinda blows anyway HTC always does this with all their fonez so there will be many more versions nexus is one the best w/o a doubt good quality build and unlocked in any form sense has not made or broken any phone to stardom look at the Droid nuff said so same hardrware different buttons Nexus is all unlocked goodness

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.