[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest emailpivot

@Natostanco

no panic warning:

should the update process get stuck in the middle, just unplug-> replug the USB

in italian

se s'incastra mentre fai l'update, stacca e riattacca l'usb, è normale (la versione nuova dell'acer tool ti avverte di farlo, quella vecchia si incastra e basta...)

Guest linuxluver

eViLD: As you know, I've already reported the network icons I'm seeing.

This morning while walking to work i saw this on my phone (screenshot). I've PM'd you the details but couldn't add the image. Note the battery outline with the question mark on the notification bar.

post-665221-1268770927_thumb.png

Guest eViL D:
eViLD: As you know, I've already reported the network icons I'm seeing.

This morning while walking to work i saw this on my phone (screenshot). I've PM'd you the details but couldn't add the image. Note the battery outline with the question mark on the notification bar.

post-665221-1268770927_thumb.png

Yep, should be fixed in 1.8. Thanks.

Guest linuxluver

Flashed v1.8

I'm now seeing "G" almost all the time....occasionally a flicker of "H"...and downloads of 1500kbps and uploads of 1000+ kbps (not at home and reception isn't as good here) .....so that ain't really "G".

That's "H".

Just tested the phone. Call worked OK. End of call and data icon switched to "3G"......did Speedtest immediately (3G showing) and throughput is 37kbps down and 47kbps up.....so that's really "G"......not 3G.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest eViL D:
Flashed v1.8

I'm now seeing "G" almost all the time....occasionally a flicker of "H"...and downloads of 1500kbps and uploads of 1000+ kbps (not at home and reception isn't as good here) .....so that ain't really "G".

That's "H".

Just tested the phone. Call worked OK. End of call and data icon switched to "3G"......did Speedtest immediately (3G showing) and throughput is 37kbps down and 47kbps up.....so that's really "G"......not 3G.

Thanks, what I needed to hear.

Guest eViL D:
Everything is OK but can not receive MMS (1.8), and after a hard reset, the Quick Boot will disappear(same as 1.7.1b)

Mms server is missing from apn list. If you know it, you can add one. I have a new list that will be in the next update.

Also, quickboot is in the data partition, that partition is wiped after a hard reset. You might as well just reflash after the hard reset.

Guest Seth Cold

will it be possible to add an apn to that list??

Name: Tigo Colombia

APN: web.colombiamovil.com.co

thats it :) thanx in advance (if possible, if not dont bother)

Guest chickwan

Already flashed v1.8

A small problem is that when quit out the app, there are quite lag and take a little bit time to run smooth again.

Thanks for the great ROM.

Edited by chickwan

Guest eViL D:
will it be possible to add an apn to that list??

Name: Tigo Colombia

APN: web.colombiamovil.com.co

thats it :) thanx in advance (if possible, if not dont bother)

I probably could in the next release. Is this an internet apn or mms?

Guest eViL D:
Already flashed v1.8

A small problem is that when quit out the app, there are quite lag and take a little bit time to run smooth again.

Thanks for the great ROM.

If you set it up correctly, it runs quite well.

Read the 1st post for tips.

Guest CallahanSWE
If you set it up correctly, it runs quite well.

Read the 1st post for tips.

I also had trouble with MMS in the 2.1 beta.

Lots of people indicate that it is possible to get it smooth by some tweaking. I read some about getting rid of all voice-apk's. That will take away the big lag when opening the phone book.

Is that something you eVil D already taken care of?

Is it possible for someone to make a video and post a link?

Good to see you working frequently on the rom!

Guest gapone
I also had trouble with MMS in the 2.1 beta.

Lots of people indicate that it is possible to get it smooth by some tweaking. I read some about getting rid of all voice-apk's. That will take away the big lag when opening the phone book.

Is that something you eVil D already taken care of?

Is it possible for someone to make a video and post a link?

Good to see you working frequently on the rom!

I was running 1.71b with autokiller prog "optimum settings" and also task killer. Then installed all the apps and ran zipalign and odex scripts with glite. I also switched off all the animations and I think it was running fine. I reverted back to donut because battery life is so bad with these beta eclair roms (yeah all things were off (auto syncs, gps, wifi, bt and so on) but battery life was still bad). I hope we will get that official liquide rom soon. Any news about that newest leaked liquidE ROM which was not even watermarked? Why won't they leak it?

Guest MattBlacK85

Great work on the roms! Just flashed v1.8.1 but is it possible to get app2sd? Don't want to install every app againg after flash. I use malezrecovery.

Guest Menerve

I've got the new rom, but the led on top of the phone doesn't work :x

Edit : sorry i'm wrong, i reboot the phone and it's ok now :)

Edited by Menerve

Guest Quipeace

Hey,

I just upgraded to 1.8.1 from 1.7, and I noticed my wifi reception is significantly worse.

I used to get one or two bars downstairs, but I got none at all right now. I can acces the web though.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest linuxluver
Hey,

I just upgrsded to 1.8.1 from 1.7, and I noticed my wifi reception is significantly worse.

I used to get one or two bars downstairs, but I got none at all right now. I can acces the web though.

I noticed the same thing on 1.8. All my networking was flakey: Mobile data and wifi. Plus, my cell phone reception / connectivity seemed seriously degraded. I was seeing no bars and "NO SERVICE" in places I usually have 2-3 bars.

I was going to go back to 1.6.7 slim, but couldn't work out which Nandroid backup it was...and went back to LCR. After a few hours on LCR I said "f*ck it" and went back to stock Donut (rooted).

I'll come back to eclair in a few days. But right now I need my phone to work and work well.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest teunke99

I've noticed a little bug, nothing harmful. When scrolling thru your contacts, the scrollbar shows up. The letters showing up don't match the first letter of the names your scrolling past.

D