MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cortez
I initially screwed up and forgot to wipe - installed A14 on top of Cyanogen. As soon as it booted and I saw the #boobs wallpaper I knew what I had done and immediately rebooted to reinstall it. That time I wiped both factory reset and dalvik cache in RA_Recovery. I always do that when going from one mod to another, except when I screw and forget. LOL.

So, yes, the install that I was referring to which required three battery pulls in a row on startup was on a freshly wiped data and dalvik installation.

as jdoo mentioned, it can take about 5 minutes to bootup. do you recall how long did you waited for it to boot? appreciate your feedback; this will help set my expectation if/when i go from one ROM to another. <_<

Guest DistortedLoop
How long did you wait? The first time I flashed the desire rom the first boot took over 5 minutes.

as jdoo mentioned, it can take about 5 minutes to bootup. do you recall how long did you waited for it to boot? appreciate your feedback; this will help set my expectation if/when i go from one ROM to another. <_<

Double check my initial post, while not lengthy, I said the first boot up was fine. I understand a new ROM takes time for initial boot. :mellow:

The first time, after a wipe, it took several minutes to get to the setup screen. I dutifully went through the setup screen, set some things up. Played around with some of the features. Worked for a couple of hours.

I used Titanium to restore missing data and apps, played with it some more. After a while it crashed and required a battery pull.

Second boot, it got all the way to the lockscreen. I was able to unlock and play with a few apps, and then after a few minutes it locked up requiring a battery pull.

The next two tries it got only as far as the lockscreen and wouldn't even unlock after a few minutes. One time it didn't even finish drawing the lockscreen before locking.

I did run a logcat on one of the resarts, don't recall if it was the second or third, though. After getting frustrated with pulling the battery, I just wiped everything and went back to CM.

I ran a logcat and saved it. It shows succesful bootstrapping, connecting to my WiFi, etc, then lots of service died messages, and the last entry before the lockup is mounting the sd card.

The entire logcat is too large to post, but I'll email it to Paul or post somewhere if he wants to see it. Here's the last few dozen lines:

E/AndroidRuntime(  212): 	... 12 more

I/Process (  121): Sending signal. PID: 212 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm(  212): threadid=7: reacting to signal 3

E/dalvikvm(  212): Unable to open stack trace file '/data/anr/traces.txt': Permission denied

I/Process (  121): Sending signal. PID: 121 SIG: 9

E/ActivityThread(  210): Failed to find provider info for call_log

D/PhoneApp(  210): [NotificationMgr] call log query complete.

W/BulkCursor(  293): Remote process exception when closing

D/AndroidRuntime(  293): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm(  293): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001b3a0)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception

E/ActivityThread(  214): Failed to find provider info for customization_settings

I/Widget  (  214): cursor = null

W/Widget  (  214): no module bundle found = null

I/Widget  (  214): sceneNameBundle = null

I/Widget  (  214): sceneBundle = null

D/Steven  (  214): Time to initialize favorites ? true

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'power' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'SurfaceFlinger' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'cpuinfo' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'package' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'entropy' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'activity.services' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'activity.senders' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'activity.providers' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'permission' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'account' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'batteryinfo' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'activity' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'usagestats' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'telephony.registry' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'activity.broadcasts' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'clipboard' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'htc_checkin' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'content' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'meminfo' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'battery' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'hardware' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'sensor' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'alarm' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'bluetooth_a2dp' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'bluetooth' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'window' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'input_method' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'netstat' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'statusbar' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'wifi' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'notification' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'mount' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'devicestoragemonitor' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'connectivity' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'accessibility' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'location' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'search' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'wallpaper' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'audio' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'backup' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'appwidget' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'bluetooth_dg_service' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'bluetooth_fm_receiver_service' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'checkin' died

I/ActivityThread(  293): Removing dead content provider: settings

I/ActivityThread(  210): Removing dead content provider: settings

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): java.lang.RuntimeException: Package manager has died

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationPackageManager.addPermission(ApplicationContext.java:1743)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at com.google.android.googleapps.ServicesWatcher.onChange(ServicesWatcher.java:145)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at com.google.android.googleapps.ServicesWatcher$1.run(ServicesWatcher.java:62)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4595)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): Caused by: android.os.DeadObjectException

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub$Proxy.addPermission(IPackageManager.java:1250)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationPackageManager.addPermission(ApplicationContext.java:1741)

E/AndroidRuntime(  293): 	... 11 more

I/Process (  293): Sending signal. PID: 293 SIG: 9

I/ActivityThread(  212): Removing dead content provider: settings

W/Rosie   (  214): Desktop items loading interrupted:

W/Rosie   (  214): java.lang.RuntimeException: Package manager has died

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationPackageManager.resolveActivity(ApplicationContext.java:1832)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.LauncherModel.getApplicationInfo(LauncherModel.java:1314)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.LauncherModel.access$1400(LauncherModel.java:55)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.LauncherModel$DesktopItemsLoader.run(LauncherModel.java:916)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1102)

W/Rosie   (  214): Caused by: android.os.DeadObjectException

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Native Method)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub$Proxy.resolveIntent(IPackageManager.java:1401)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationPackageManager.resolveActivity(ApplicationContext.java:1827)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	... 4 more

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationPackageManager.resolveActivity(ApplicationContext.java:1832)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.LauncherModel.getApplicationInfo(LauncherModel.java:1314)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.LauncherModel.access$1400(LauncherModel.java:55)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.LauncherModel$DesktopItemsLoader.run(LauncherModel.java:916)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub$Proxy.resolveIntent(IPackageManager.java:1401)

W/Rosie   (  214): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationPackageManager.resolveActivity(ApplicationContext.java:1827)

D/Widget  (  214): creating a widget - com.htc.WeatherClockWidget.WeatherClockWidgetItem

E/Widget  (  214): widget package not found - com.htc.widget.clockwidget

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.widget.clockwidget

E/Widget  (  214): null

E/Widget  (  214): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.WidgetItem.getClientWidgetItem(WidgetItem.java:90)

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.WidgetItem.newWidget(WidgetItem.java:67)

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.WidgetPackageManager.newWidget(WidgetPackageManager.java:784)

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.LauncherModel$DesktopItemsLoader.run(LauncherModel.java:1052)

E/Widget  (  214): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1102)

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): Crash logging skipped, no checkin service

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.widget.clockwidget

E/Widget  (  214): onLayoutInflated Error !

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.WidgetProxy.<init>(WidgetProxy.java:53)

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.WidgetItem.newWidget(WidgetItem.java:67)

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.WidgetPackageManager.newWidget(WidgetPackageManager.java:784)

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.LauncherModel$DesktopItemsLoader.run(LauncherModel.java:1052)

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.WidgetProxy.<init>(WidgetProxy.java:67)

W/HomeLoaders(  214): a widget not loaded  : 1142

D/Widget  (  214): creating a widget - com.htc.htccontactwidgets.ContactWidgetMatrixItem

E/Widget  (  214): widget package not found - com.htc.htccontactwidgets

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.htccontactwidgets

E/Widget  (  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.WidgetItem.getClientWidgetItem(WidgetItem.java:90)

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.htccontactwidgets

I/Process (  212): Sending signal. PID: 212 SIG: 9

W/HomeLoaders(  214): a widget not loaded  : 1159

D/Widget  (  214): creating a widget - com.htc.WeatherWidget.WeatherLargeWidgetItem

E/Widget  (  214): widget package not found - com.htc.WeatherWidget

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.WeatherWidget

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.WeatherWidget

W/ActivityThread(  275): Unable to get context for package com.htc.socialnetwork.provider while loading content provider com.htc.socialnetwork.provider.SocialNetworkProvider

W/HomeLoaders(  214): a widget not loaded  : 1109

D/Widget  (  214): creating a widget - com.htc.htcmailwidgets.MailWidgetList

E/Widget  (  214): widget package not found - com.htc.htcmailwidgets

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.htcmailwidgets

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.htcmailwidgets

W/HomeLoaders(  214): a widget not loaded  : 1125

D/Widget  (  214): creating a widget - com.htc.NewsReaderWidget.NewsWidgetItem

E/Widget  (  214): widget package not found - com.htc.NewsReaderWidget

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.NewsReaderWidget

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.NewsReaderWidget

W/HomeLoaders(  214): a widget not loaded  : 1128

D/Widget  (  214): creating a widget - com.htc.htcmsgwidgets.MyWidgetItemWL

E/Widget  (  214): widget package not found - com.htc.htcmsgwidgets

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.htcmsgwidgets

E/Widget  (  214): no context is given for create WidgetPackage instance (shall not happen) - com.htc.htcmsgwidgets

I/ActivityThread(  275): Publishing provider uploads: com.htc.providers.uploads.UploadProvider

E/ActivityThread(  210): Failed to find provider info for settings

W/HomeLoaders(  214): a widget not loaded  : 1103

W/dalvikvm(  214): threadid=15: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001b3a0)

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): Uncaught handler: thread Applications Loader exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): java.lang.RuntimeException: Package manager has died

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationPackageManager.queryIntentActivities(ApplicationContext.java:1845)

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): 	at com.htc.launcher.LauncherModel$ApplicationsLoader.run(LauncherModel.java:544)

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1102)

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): Caused by: android.os.DeadObjectException

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): 	at android.os.BinderProxy.transact(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): 	at android.content.pm.IPackageManager$Stub$Proxy.queryIntentActivities(IPackageManager.java:1432)

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationPackageManager.queryIntentActivities(ApplicationContext.java:1840)

E/AndroidRuntime(  214): 	... 2 more

I/Process (  214): Sending signal. PID: 214 SIG: 9

D/UploadManager(  275): UploadProvider is running

D/MccTable(  210): updateMccMncConfiguration: mcc=310, mnc=260

D/MccTable(  210): locale set to en_us

D/MccTable(  210): WIFI_NUM_ALLOWED_CHANNESL set to 11

I/ActivityThread(  275): Publishing provider stockset: com.htc.android.Stock.SettingProvider

W/ActivityThread(  275): Unable to get context for package com.htc.android.Stock while loading content provider com.htc.android.Stock.SettingProvider

I/ActivityThread(  275): Publishing provider com.htc.android.footprints.provider.FootprintContentProvider: com.htc.android.footprints.provider.FootprintContentProvider

W/ActivityThread(  275): Unable to get context for package com.htc.android.footprints while loading content provider com.htc.android.footprints.provider.FootprintContentProvider

I/ActivityThread(  275): Publishing provider com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook.provider.CacheImageProvider: com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook.provider.FacebookCacheImageProvider

W/ActivityThread(  275): Unable to get context for package com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook while loading content provider com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook.provider.FacebookCacheImageProvider

I/ActivityThread(  275): Publishing provider com.htc.htctwitter.provider.CacheImageProvider: com.htc.htctwitter.provider.TwitterCacheImageProvider

I/ActivityThread(  275): Publishing provider com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook: com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook.FacebookDB

W/ActivityThread(  275): Unable to get context for package com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook while loading content provider com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook.FacebookDB

E/installd(  106): eof

E/installd(  106): failed to read size

I/installd(  106): closing connection

E/vold	(  100): Framework disconnected

D/UploadManager(  275): Action android.net.conn.CONNECTIVITY_CHANGE

I/Zygote  (  103): Exit zygote because system server (121) has terminated

I//system/bin/fsck_msdos(  100): ** Phase 2 - Check Cluster Chains

I//system/bin/fsck_msdos(  100): ** Phase 3 - Checking Directories

D/AndroidRuntime(  210): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm(  210): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001b3a0)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): java.lang.SecurityException: No permission to write APN settings: Neither user 1001 nor current process has android.permission.WRITE_APN_SETTINGS.

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext.enforce(ApplicationContext.java:1155)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext.enforceCallingOrSelfPermission(ApplicationContext.java:1184)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at com.android.providers.telephony.TelephonyProvider.checkPermission(TelephonyProvider.java:695)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at com.android.providers.telephony.TelephonyProvider.insert(TelephonyProvider.java:454)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.insert(ContentProvider.java:150)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.insert(ContentResolver.java:629)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.GSMPhone.updateCurrentCarrierInProvider(GSMPhone.java:1763)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.GSMPhone.handleMessage(GSMPhone.java:1562)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4595)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)

E/AndroidRuntime(  210): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

I/Process (  210): Sending signal. PID: 210 SIG: 9

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'isms' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'simphonebook' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'iphonesubinfo' died

I/ServiceManager(   99): service 'phone' died

D/AK8973  (  108): Compass CLOSE 

I//system/bin/fsck_msdos(  100): ** Phase 4 - Checking for Lost Files

I//system/bin/fsck_msdos(  100): 5693 files, 358688 free (11209 clusters)

I/logwrapper(  100): /system/bin/fsck_msdos terminated by exit(0)

D/vold	(  100): Filesystem check completed OK

I/vold	(  100): Sucessfully mounted vfat filesystem 179:1 on /sdcard (safe-mode on)

D/vold	(  100): Volume /sdcard state change from checking -> mounted

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest cortez
Double check my initial post, while not lengthy, I said the first boot up was fine. I understand a new ROM takes time for initial boot. <_<

The first time, after a wipe, it took several minutes to get to the setup screen. I dutifully went through the setup screen, set some things up. Played around with some of the features. Worked for a couple of hours.

I used Titanium to restore missing data and apps, played with it some more. After a while it crashed and required a battery pull.

per your statement, your issues started after restoring data/apps via backup. i haven't used Titanium before, but wouldn't restoring data negate the wipe you performed before flashing the ROM? is it possible that your restore worked with the CM ROM because (i'm assuming) it was created using that ROM? maybe reinstalling each app vs restoring from backup would yield better results for you. again thanks for your feedback. since i use a small number of 3rd party apps, i reinstall each app after a ROM flash. i'm convinced my issue was related to not wiping data.

Guest Michael Latman

I am in the united states using the desire rom.it seems that navigation does not know the street names.sometimes it talks and other times it doesn't. Is this a know issue? Also the little graphic telling me what's next is missing

Guest DistortedLoop
per your statement, your issues started after restoring data/apps via backup. i haven't used Titanium before, but wouldn't restoring data negate the wipe you performed before flashing the ROM? is it possible that your restore worked with the CM ROM because (i'm assuming) it was created using that ROM? maybe reinstalling each app vs restoring from backup would yield better results for you. again thanks for your feedback. since i use a small number of 3rd party apps, i reinstall each app after a ROM flash. i'm convinced my issue was related to not wiping data.

It's possible, but I didn't overwrite existing apps and data, I restored missing apps + data. Never been an issue on switching between multiple ROMs before, and you might note that Paul includes Titanium Backup in the baked ROM, which suggests compatibility.

This ROM doesn't interest me enough to worry too much about it. Just posting my results in case it helps others move the ROM forward.

Guest DougEdey
Not sure. Probably.

Shouldn't do, the one in the marketplace supports Multitouch from the stock ROM, providing you're on the right fingerprint it'll be fine...

Guest cortez
I am in the united states using the desire rom.it seems that navigation does not know the street names.sometimes it talks and other times it doesn't. Is this a know issue? Also the little graphic telling me what's next is missing
what application are you using to navigate? Google Maps or something else?

Guest cortez
It's possible, but I didn't overwrite existing apps and data, I restored missing apps + data. Never been an issue on switching between multiple ROMs before, and you might note that Paul includes Titanium Backup in the baked ROM, which suggests compatibility.

This ROM doesn't interest me enough to worry too much about it. Just posting my results in case it helps others move the ROM forward.

i and others appreciate your feedback and we should consider the potential impact of restoring data used on different ROMS. my point is that most cooks recommend wiping when coming from a different ROM. it seems to me that restoring data from a previous ROM to a different ROM negates the data wipe before flashing... ok, i digress, lol.

I saw the question asked, but didn't find an answer... .can we install the camera.apk from cyan's .zip to replace the broken one??

Love this ROM, Paul... but I do miss the camera flash.

No, that won't work, i'm working on adding stock camera app to the kitchen tho.

P

Paul, any concern you are limited with what you can accomplish with this Alpha when TMob is announcing I believe around March 27th in the UK, the Desire? Not meant to be a comment at all on your work. Being a plus member here, I really appreciate the time you take to provide us with everything you do.

I don't understand the question really? <_<

P

Guest argylesocks

P

....and I am now working on buying a Modaco account <_<

Thanks Paul!!!!

Guest GodDriven

P

And the Time has finally come.. Thanks Paul.. We understand you did all that was possible to get it work correctly.. Tried to keep it as original as possible to keep the Sense Feel alive.. But the addition to the KITCHEN is GOD SENT till the work it kinked out the HTC Version.. It will be missed, but the sub will def do.. ! LOL...

It sort of hurt when I couldn't use Camera FX.. This is app is so cool.. It makes you feel Like a photographer.. LOL..

I can actually ADMIT that the online KITCHEN is the best thing I have ever seen.. Now with that, A4D, and trying the KOUSH recovery here and there.. (Gee Golly I think You Got It!.. HAHAHA...)

Edited by GodDriven

Guest muncheese
I don't understand the question really? <_<

P

He probably means "whats' the point of tweaking an alpha if you're gonna get the official room soon".

How's progress on the next alpha btw? =D

Guest PhonePersona

Uninstall Google Maps.

Reinstall from the Android Market

Multi-touch will still work.

Please do a quick search through the forums before posting questions as this is known issue that has been mentioned several times in the past.

Thanks <_<

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest internettoughguy

Quick question for anyone with the Nexus Dock:

I have cooked a custom ROM to include the original clock app so that I can play music through my dock, however when the clock starts (when I place my phone on the dock) and I try to go into dock settings (in order to set the phone to play music through the dock) I get an error every time and the clock has to force shutdown...

Any workaround? Would love to be able to adjust the settings so that I can listen to my music through my stereo (via the dock).

Thanks!

Guest karnovaran

I've actually had better battery life with this ROM than CM5.0.4.1, so the battery life complaints may be from bad installs or juice-heavy apps.

I still can't figure out how to sync Facebook with either Desire or Stock contacts. Facebook for Sense just hangs on sync (and never completes) and the Facebook.apk in the kitchen won't link up with Stock contacts. From searching the thread, I know some have said they were able to to get this functionality, but no one explained how. Anyone?

Guest PhonePersona
I've actually had better battery life with this ROM than CM5.0.4.1, so the battery life complaints may be from bad installs or juice-heavy apps.

I still can't figure out how to sync Facebook with either Desire or Stock contacts. Facebook for Sense just hangs on sync (and never completes) and the Facebook.apk in the kitchen won't link up with Stock contacts. From searching the thread, I know some have said they were able to to get this functionality, but no one explained how. Anyone?

Sounds like a bad install <_<

Guest PhonePersona
Yeah i've tried re-installing to no avail.

Dude, I was being Sardonic.

However you shouldn't have to shuck and jive to make Facebook for HTC Sense work. It just does.

I would suggest you back up your data and try a wipe (factory wipe and Dalvik cache) and start from scratch to see what you see.

Edit - The FB sync process takes some time.

You don't have to babysit it, just keep doing whatever and eventually, it'll complete.

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest what29

anyone know why i can not send email from the gmail app. I thought maybe it was a rom issue but i tried another rom and got the same issue. have since wiped all and reinstalled sense rom but can not send email.

Guest karnovaran
Dude, I was being Sardonic.

However you shouldn't have to shuck and jive to make Facebook for HTC Sense work. It just does.

I would suggest you back up your data and try a wipe (factory wipe and Dalvik cache) and start from scratch to see what you see.

Edit - The FB sync process takes some time.

You don't have to babysit it, just keep doing whatever and eventually, it'll complete.

I was just letting you know that I had already tried reinstalling.. and I do wipe both data and cache each time. I've also let the sync run for hours a few times and still no dice. I've been hoping there was some other magical suggestion or setting I need to change.