[APP] Change your on screen keyboard permanently ( SIPCHANGE)

Guest ttrevelian

Guest ttrevelian

Here is the deal,

I really don't like samsung's on screen keyboard - I use finger keyboard 2.1 instead - but every time I did a soft reset I had to set it again which is kind of painful

So I changed the necessary registry file but after a failure attempt my device wouldn't boot up so I had to Hard reset my device

After that I began searching and found this useful app

SIPCHANGE which lets you change the default keyboard PERMANENTLY is the safest and easiest way to change your default keyboard.

Since I'm not talking credit for this as I am not the author, I'll just leave the link so you can read more about it and download.

It would be great if Chefs put this in their roms ( if the author allows it)

SIPCHANGE [LINK]

Here is the deal,

I really don't like samsung's on screen keyboard - I use finger keyboard 2.1 instead - but every time I did a soft reset I had to set it again which is kind of painful

So I changed the necessary registry file but after a failure attempt my device wouldn't boot up so I had to Hard reset my device

After that I began searching and found this useful app

SIPCHANGE which lets you change the default keyboard PERMANENTLY is the safest and easiest way to change your default keyboard.

Since I'm not talking credit for this as I am not the author, I'll just leave the link so you can read more about it and download.

It would be great if Chefs put this in their roms ( if the author allows it)

SIPCHANGE [LINK]

I use very old but 100% working Default_IM_WM5.cab :D I am using this same piece of software already since my first WM5 :D

just to ask. how good is finger keyboard? can it be compared to swype?

I also use it. i wouldn't compare it to swype, more like samsung keyboard but with many languages and much more settings and skins (BlackIce is great).

Guest ttrevelian

It also has arrow keys ( left, right, up , down) and enter key which i find very useful to navigate lists without opening the screen. I really like that it is very customizable in general (language - even as key for toggling languages - sound, color, shortcuts)