[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest malez
:P

The wiki's just beeing updated !

@runner780 : you're right, I wait for this basic LCR rom but 3rd party apps aren't big issue (have some with Acer stock rom no ?). Just launch Titanium and uninstall them. :huh:

As I have already said, 3rd party apps that are installed on LCR don't use any user space. They are all stored in the system partition, not the data one. So they won't use your space and you won't install more app if they were not here. Moreover if you don't use them, they won't launch them by themselves, so the won't waste your ram. In another side, basic users are happy to find a rom ready to use. They don't have to look at all basics apps on market before starting using their phones.

Teeling that it is not sure but next version won't be provided in 2 version : a standard one and a bare one.

What app are you concidering as unusefull please ?

Guest malez
Thanks a lot malez, a really good work, one more time.

With a little forgive :huh: but quicky corrected

Congatulations for your own app toe. Simple but usefull.

For those asking what i am talking about :

http://bit.ly/c38zCv

Edited by malez

Guest malez
I really liked the launcher which was in piters add on/extra's of the 1.4 rom. Is the one in the lcr add on the same? Can some one please make a post with a screenshot of all the different launchers, cause i cannot see the difference anymore...Thanks in advance.....

I have not done any capture of the launcher but if you install this theme, you will have the choice beetwenn 3 differents launchers (Stock laucher with 3D effects, Laucher with 3D effects, 7 desktop and shorcuts (see screenshots) and Plain laucher with shortcuts (the fastest). I am pretty sure you find one that will suit you. :huh:

Guest runner780

Thanks for your quick response, i was unaware that all the 3rd party apps didn's use any of the space.. so that shouldn't be a problem as for the launchers i'll try them all and give some feedback. again thanks for all your great work..

Guest audiobastard
Restoration with Titanium could be the reason. Just a try for apps that crash on you phone : uninstall them and restore the with Titanium but WITHOUT data. It is the reason of many apps crash when restoration is done on another rom that the one the backup was made on.

Concerning sim import, don't forget to add a SIM account in settings/accounts

No problem on you comment : if you have a problem, i will do my best to indentify the reason and fix it. That's the game. Even if i try to do my best, nothing is perfect.

I did write that i did a titanium backup w/out data and reinstalled w/out data so, I don't think thats it. I'll try it again and then just install from market and see what happens. Half my apps I don't even use and i'm starting to wonder why i bother.

Guest Palsternackan
LCR 1.4 Black / White theme v 1.1 are available.

Both packages contains the fast Helix launcher that was used in LCR 1.3. You can choose to use it or not and can uninstall it via the application manager.

Here are screenshots

(Someone was asking if there is any different with the standard theme : no there is not but if you install white theme and want to back back to the black one, I think you will appreciate no to fully reinstall LCR 1.4)

Just beautiful! This is exactly the way I want it :huh:

Everything works perfectly now.

I just sent some beer money, and want to encourage everyone else to do the same! Support our devs!

Guest audiobastard

my liquid is a toaster, your argument is invalid.

Getting ye' ol' red x battery while chargin and phone seems a bit warm. Possibly just my imagination. I did reinstall nice and fresh and used the standard launcher this time. We'll see if i get any freezing or FCs. Got a quick android.process.acore problem initially, but seems to be running ok so far. I'll keep ya updated. I installed all my apps fresh from the market. Thanks

Guest audiobastard
Just stange you are the only one to report that. Till now i had no issue at all with my hundred apps.

Please, could you be more precise : what app crash, when ? Are your apps stored on sd ? Are you apps restored with titanium backup or reinstalled from market ?

Please open issue in bugtracker and be as precize as porssible. Bugtracker is done for that.

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...ker/issues/list

I'd do a bugtracker, but i'm still waiting to hear from my last submission (see issue 68: compass). I'm mainly wondering whether I logged it properly, i dunno, I haven't heard anything since I submitted the archive.zip on the bugtracker.

On another note, could someone please tell me why barnacle wifi tether doesn't work. That is a sweet arse program and I was wondering why it won't work on this bin. Is it a root problem or something?

Here is what it says:

data network ready

.ini file prepared

wifi driver loaded

wpa_supplicant started

failed to connect to supplicant. No such file or directory

Process stopped unexpectedly.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest audiobastard
I'd do a bugtracker, but i'm still waiting to hear from my last submission (see issue 68: compass).

On another note, could someone please tell me why barnacle wifi tether doesn't work. That is a sweet arse program and I was wondering why it won't work on this bin. Is it a root problem or something?

Here is what it says:

data network ready

.ini file prepared

wifi driver loaded

wpa_supplicant started

failed to connect to supplicant. No such file or directory

Process stopped unexpectedly.

I'll open the app again and then sendlog it when it has the error. I believe according to your wiki that it will provide a log for you guys.

Malez, if I opened for example google maps and stood outside for 10 minutes and watched as I got no gps lock, then I sent you a log via send log, do you think you'd be able to tell whether my gps actually activates or whether the system thinks gps is turned on, but the actual gps receiver is not functioning at all?

Guest Mythrix

After reflashing the Acer ROM and flashing the new malez superboot for 0.10 (instead of the one on the LCR wiki), it seems I got apps2sd to work.

But I still get the boot loop problem if I run a full Titanium restore of non-installed apps and then a full update of all the apps from market (I've given up trying to restore any system data now).

For now I'm trying to only restore a few apps at a time and see the problem still triggers. Not sure if one of the apps messes up the settings, or if this ROM just doesn't like having too many apps installed (don't think this is likely though).

Guest runner780

I've got the boot loop problem too, but I haven't even used apps2sd. It just occured after installing 1.4 plus addon, beautiful widgets, seesmic and some customization like setting up my mail accounts in e-mail. That's what i did after a clean install of the 0.10 bin and i rebooted via quikboot and got in the boot loop. it takes about 5 mins to boot up the phone now , everty time the same lcr breaking mirror screen.. Where did it go wrong?? Please help?

Guest Apocangel

My HTC_IME has no haptic feedback. it vibrates with the first key press then it doesn't vibrate at all. Anyone else with the same problem?

Guest khamees79
My HTC_IME has no haptic feedback. it vibrates with the first key press then it doesn't vibrate at all. Anyone else with the same problem?

I have it the same, but I can not see it's a problem, I'm glad the way it is.

Guest boobix

Thx for these very rom malez.

But i have a little problem. SMS are very slow (with main app and with Handcent, it's the same).

I have to wait 5-10s to have the sms list loaded and next 5-10s to open a dialog...

Someone have experienced same problem ? :huh:

Guest Apocangel
I have it the same, but I can not see it's a problem, I'm glad the way it is.

I rather got used to it. It feels nice. It would be great if it could be turned on and off like in the stock android keyboard.

Guest runner780
I've got the boot loop problem too, but I haven't even used apps2sd. It just occured after installing 1.4 plus addon, beautiful widgets, seesmic and some customization like setting up my mail accounts in e-mail. That's what i did after a clean install of the 0.10 bin and i rebooted via quikboot and got in the boot loop. it takes about 5 mins to boot up the phone now , everty time the same lcr breaking mirror screen.. Where did it go wrong?? Please help?

What can be the cause of the reboots? Is it in the bugtracker allready? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Guest malez
I'll open the app again and then sendlog it when it has the error. I believe according to your wiki that it will provide a log for you guys.

Malez, if I opened for example google maps and stood outside for 10 minutes and watched as I got no gps lock, then I sent you a log via send log, do you think you'd be able to tell whether my gps actually activates or whether the system thinks gps is turned on, but the actual gps receiver is not functioning at all?

Please, attach the log to the issue. Sendlog will not send us the log : you will have to send it to you by email and then attach it to the issue

From what i have seen today, gps is working right but compass seems to to be lost. When moving with gps on, you will see that orientation is wrong (seems to be -45 degres compared to reallity. When using a compass app, information is correct.

issue is here

http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...es/detail?id=68

Edited by malez

Guest malez
Thx for these very rom malez.

But i have a little problem. SMS are very slow (with main app and with Handcent, it's the same).

I have to wait 5-10s to have the sms list loaded and next 5-10s to open a dialog...

Someone have experienced same problem ? :huh:

How many SMS do you have in you list ? Have they been restored from a backup ?

Guest malez

You say that you have installed addons. What addons ? Give me the exact name of the file you have use.

There is no addon pack for LCR 1.4 for the moment and LCR 1.3 addon pack is not working in a correct way in 1.4.

If you have installed "theme pack white or black" in v1.0 before installing, you have to reinstall the v1.1 on top of it.

have you tried to do a "wipe dalvik-cache" in recovery ?

Please could you give us a log of the boot message :

1. plug the phone to usb and boot it

2. on you computer in a console type "adb logcat > logcat.log" and provide us the file logcat.log

regards

Guest malez
After reflashing the Acer ROM and flashing the new malez superboot for 0.10 (instead of the one on the LCR wiki), it seems I got apps2sd to work.

But I still get the boot loop problem if I run a full Titanium restore of non-installed apps and then a full update of all the apps from market (I've given up trying to restore any system data now).

For now I'm trying to only restore a few apps at a time and see the problem still triggers. Not sure if one of the apps messes up the settings, or if this ROM just doesn't like having too many apps installed (don't think this is likely though).

Personnaly i have 80 apps installed at the moment and no boot problem. Try to restore your apps without data.

So you apps are stored on sd ?

Where is stored your dalvik ? data ?

How have you moved your apps to sd (recovery) ?

If you try to do it via apps2sd script, it won't work because you have change de boot image !

please give me the result of "adb shell ls_runOnce"

Please provide us a log of the bootloop (i have described the method in a post i have just made)

Changing the boot image will have effects on the rom. It is not recommanded

regards

Edited by malez

Guest boobix
How many SMS do you have in you list ? Have they been restored from a backup ?

Yes restored with Titanium Backup

Dont know how much but something like 100... But it was very fast with 1.6 official rom :huh:

Now sometimes it takes 10s to list, sometins it hang up the sms application

And when i click on a single dialog from the main sms list it takes 5s or more to list the diag...

Edited by boobix