malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Guest diliDe
You problem is that you have restored a backup in which boot and system are older tahn your baseband. You can try to boot in recovery mode and reflash the phone using acer tool. You phone could be detected by the tool.

If you boot into bootloader, can you give me the exacts version that are displayed so i can tell you what rom you must restore on it and maybe provide you a backup matching your config.

Hello,

First things first, thanks for the reply! Being a noob, I have no idea how to boot into bootloader without having USB connection with my pc. When booting into recovery, adb devices tells me there's something called: '? device'. Can't do anything with it. When booting into normal mode, my pc cannot recognize anything.

I'm not sure, it was around 4 in the morning, but the last bin a was trying was the Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA_GEN1.bin. What I restored was I think my oldest backup from the original Acer_liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.

What liquid knows about itself: firmware version: 1.6, baseband: unknown, kernel version:2.6.29, build: Acer_liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.

Thanks, dilide

Guest malez
Hello,

First things first, thanks for the reply! Being a noob, I have no idea how to boot into bootloader without having USB connection with my pc. When booting into recovery, adb devices tells me there's something called: '? device'. Can't do anything with it. When booting into normal mode, my pc cannot recognize anything.

I'm not sure, it was around 4 in the morning, but the last bin a was trying was the Acer_LiquidE_1.100.05_EMEA_GEN1.bin. What I restored was I think my oldest backup from the original Acer_liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.

What liquid knows about itself: firmware version: 1.6, baseband: unknown, kernel version:2.6.29, build: Acer_liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.

Thanks, dilide

OK do the following :

Downlod latet Liquid Community Rom from here http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-commu...rom-bugtracker/

On your computer push the LCR_1.6-signed.zip file in the same directory as you adb .

boot in recovery mode

adb shell mount /sdcard

adb push LCR_1.6-signed.zip /sdcard/

I adb does not work, try USB mass storage toggle in the recovery menu to see you sd card as a usb device and push the ip file on your sd card root.

under recovery (so on your phone)

Flash / Test menu

Flash zip from sdcard

LCR_1.6-signed.zip

reboot

Guest diliDe
OK do the following :

You were right. The Acer tool says that the device is connected when booting into recovery.

Anyway I'm now downloading the rom and going to try what you suggested. I'll let you know what happened.

Thanks again!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's working! (Of course you knew it but for me it's a relief) :-)

Besides saying THX again I think I know how to thank you for helping me and rather for your hard work creating roms and malezRecovery. :-)

Edited by diliDe

Guest malez
You were right. The Acer tool says that the device is connected when booting into recovery.

Anyway I'm now downloading the rom and going to try what you suggested. I'll let you know what happened.

Thanks again!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's working! (Of course you knew it but for me it's a relief) :-)

Besides saying THX again I think I know how to thank you for helping me and rather for your hard work creating roms and malezRecovery. :-)

I am happy to read this

Guest ariffcheng
Yes sd partition must be ext2 partition for applications and fat for the sd card that is used for external storage by the phone. vfat can not be used for application storage because it does not allow enough right/owner management.

To parition the sd card, you can use Partition / Repair SD menu => Partition SD (for exemple 0 swap, 512 ext, remainin fat)

(I know you have found but maybe it can help anyone else)

I have partition my sd using your reco. but still can't enable apps2sd. Did I do something wrong?

apps2sd status (under Terminal Emulator)

ext partition is present on your SDCARD

/data/app is a symlink to your sdcard

/data/app-private is a symlink to your sdcard

/data/data is a directory on your phone

/data/dalvik-cache is a directory on your phone

My ROM is LCR v1.6

Thx.

post-709171-1275377283_thumb.jpg

Guest malez
I have partition my sd using your reco. but still can't enable apps2sd. Did I do something wrong?

apps2sd status (under Terminal Emulator)

ext partition is present on your SDCARD

/data/app is a symlink to your sdcard

/data/app-private is a symlink to your sdcard

/data/data is a directory on your phone

/data/dalvik-cache is a directory on your phone

My ROM is LCR v1.6

Thx.

You apps are already stored on your sd (but you have not seen it).

==> /data/app is a symlink to your sdcard

==> /data/app-private is a symlink to your sdcard

Don't use spare part to check it but app2sd status, as you did

Guest ariffcheng
You apps are already stored on your sd (but you have not seen it).

==> /data/app is a symlink to your sdcard

==> /data/app-private is a symlink to your sdcard

Don't use spare part to check it but app2sd status, as you did

The apps stored on sd was done the backup by ASTRO File Manager but still eating up the internal memory after the apps have been installed. Is it possible to install the apps without less the internal memory?

How can the default apps (built from ROM) stored on sd also?

Thx for help.

Guest malez
The apps stored on sd was done the backup by ASTRO File Manager but still eating up the internal memory after the apps have been installed. Is it possible to install the apps without less the internal memory?

How can the default apps (built from ROM) stored on sd also?

Thx for help.

You can't instlall default apps to sd (and it has no intererst as they don't use the user free space)

When you install an app, it is also partially unpacked to dalvik cache. That is why it uses space on you phone too. You can also move dalvik cache to sd card using the recovery but maybe your phone will be a little slower. I advice you to move dalvik when you will really need space.

Guest demolition23

Please someone help me.

I get "device not found" @ adb..

edit:my bad, forgot to activate debuging :(

Edited by demolition23

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Toystory

Hi everyone , I am a new joiner of android

I have a stupid question , hope anyone can help

after install malez recovery 0.5.3

then I can boot the phone with the malez start screen,

but then the phone reboot in normal mode

is there any key I need to press or anyting I do wrong,

Pls Help

Thanks for the answer

Sorry, what are you trying to do? Malez recovery is only used to backup/restore, root the phone etc.

You do not need to boot to it for normal use.

Guest malez
Hi everyone , I am a new joiner of android

I have a stupid question , hope anyone can help

after install malez recovery 0.5.3

then I can boot the phone with the malez start screen,

but then the phone reboot in normal mode

is there any key I need to press or anyting I do wrong,

Pls Help

Thanks for the answer

The recovery never show by isteflf.

To acces it you must a psciall combo key depending on you baseband version.

Please could you tell me what information de displayed in Settings/About Phone

How have you installed the recovery (what commands) ?

It is not normal if you see malez recovery boot splash when booting your phone

Guest droug

Just a simple question. Do you know more or less for when your LCR 1.7?

And do you know if Froyo will came to ours Liquids?

Thanks, and sorry for my english

Guest malez
Just a simple question. Do you know more or less for when your LCR 1.7?

And do you know if Froyo will came to ours Liquids?

Thanks, and sorry for my english

LCR 1.7 maybe on monday. Froyo is not officially annonced on liquid but already works (with limitations). When we will have all sources it will be easier to fix.

EDIT : out of suject

Edited by malez

Guest DavidFrog
LCR 1.7 maybe on monday. Froyo is not officially annonced on liquid but already works (with limitations). When we will have all sources it will be easier to fix.

EDIT : out of suject

1.7 released soon !! good news..

just 3 questions about recovery and app2sd :

1- when I install app, there are always go to SD ?we are not able to choose the installation location ?

2- when I will install LCR 1.7, all the app will gone ? if I do a Titanium Backup, I will be able to restore apps after upgrade ?

3- I have install raging Thunder 2 lite and it crash... is this because it's on SD ?

Thanks for you help and the you job on android as good as it is ! ;)

Guest droug
I had no 3g issue for the moment

O found the problem of 3g issue. In my acer liquid the issue was made by "apndroid" app. I uninstall that application and the liquid and switch 3G to WiFi, and WiFi to 3g works perfectly.

Guest malez
Since moving input method apps to SD is a Bad Idea as the smart keyboard guy says, would it be possible to use App2SD for everything except the smart keyboard (and scandinavian keyboard)?

Or that requires Froyo?

Generally, It can't be done in a easy way.

But If you use LCR 1.7, and if your apks does not contain any addionnal lib, you can keep it on phone by doing this

adb remout

adb push youApkName.apk /data/apks/ (or adb shell mv /data/app/yourApkName.apk /data/apks/ )

adb shell sysApp.sh

Provide me your apk if unsure.

Guest Piter1225
I miss the backlight.................. :lol:

I think that malez will fix that when another new leak will appear, seems like every ROM which is >1.100.05 will have problems with current recovery

Guest malez
I think that malez will fix that when another new leak will appear, seems like every ROM which is >1.100.05 will have problems with current recovery

I will but I need a little time.

Let me just calm down. I just have just released LCR 1.7p1 today. pfff : perpetual run

I am already in contacts with someone to test this backlight with new bin. I am on EMEA bin, so it is not easy.

I will fix this for sure, but I don't know when, that's all.