MEGAlite ROM Build 23547: 320Mb Free Storage:-)

Guest daskalos

Guest Heresiarch

Very good rom, well done Daskalos.

Though I have a question. I installed S2U2 and there are some buttons on the locked screen that dont require unlocking (e.g. show tasks). This doesnt work for me in this build. Anyone has the same issue?

Edit: I take it back. Mysteriously it began to work. And I didnt change anything. Huh

Edited by Heresiarch

Guest asbud
Checked the cab...

It does not... ;) shame on me :)

can you include it :P

or i just can use your MEGAlite ROM 6.5.5 XXIL2 Build 23545 fix CAB?

Very good rom, well done Daskalos.

Though I have a question. I installed S2U2 and there are some buttons on the locked screen that dont require unlocking (e.g. show tasks). This doesnt work for me in this build. Anyone has the same issue?

ouch.. i like S2U2 more than the standard windows slide 2 unlock.. its more customize-able..

Edited by asbud

Guest Alek_J

How to operate the Samsung volume control having installed the cab? I have installed and still cannot find the familiar circle with numbers on its outside.

Is there any other way to control tap vibration power? Under WM 6.1 the only place I could find it was the volume settings.

Guest daskalos
How to operate the Samsung volume control having installed the cab? I have installed and still cannot find the familiar circle with numbers on its outside.

Is there any other way to control tap vibration power? Under WM 6.1 the only place I could find it was the volume settings.

Soft reset after installation

Guest Daunt

Wow great rom, much better than the 6.5.1 I was running before, which had a lot of memory issues.

I have one question: I can't seem to find word and powerpoint. Is that still available somewhere?

Guest daskalos
Wow great rom, much better than the 6.5.1 I was running before, which had a lot of memory issues.

I have one question: I can't seem to find word and powerpoint. Is that still available somewhere?

download office apps at megalite 23545 thread

Guest Alek_J
Soft reset after installation
Still does not work, there are still only the two Windows sliders.

Another question. Is it possible to have the dialer that enables to record phonecalls? There is a Samsung dialer with this option in some other 6.5 rom. After flashing to yours it is gone.

Guest alttp

Just Flashed it, great ROM!

But just a little hiccup, I've backed up my sms and b4 the flash and imported it into phone a couple o times, but the messages still dun show up in my phone. any ideas how to change tat? No prob with schedule and phone book co got the sync option, but when i just did an import for the contacts, it still does not show up, only show up after i sync.

and also, even though I enabled touchwiz ui, nothing happens even after both sot and hard resets,anything i missed out?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by alttp

Guest daskalos
Just Flashed it, great ROM!

But just a little hiccup, I've backed up my sms and b4 the flash and imported it into phone a couple o times, but the messages still dun show up in my phone. any ideas how to change tat? No prob with schedule and phone book co got the sync option, but when i just did an import for the contacts, it still does not show up, only show up after i sync.

and also, even though I enabled touchwiz ui, nothing happens even after both sot and hard resets,anything i missed out?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know the answer about your first query :)

But for your second query,of course nothing will happen, 'cause there's no more samsung UI in this rom... if you them all back, just install all the samsung apps ;)

Guest alttp

Lol, now I've gotta read my past sms from my backup in the comp, no biggie anyway. But gotta say that is ROM is soooooooooooooo much faster!

Just installed most of the samsung apps back, but interface still looks very windows... miss the bouncy effect when you scroll too fast in the home screen....

And just wondering, if there is officially no upgrade to winmo 7 (and most probable too cos the processor is not 1GHz), anyone thinking of switching over to Android then?

Edit: and anyone knows how to get samsung today back into the system? and threaded sms too?

Edited by alttp

Guest Alek_J

Hey, what about the question I asked? :P Is it possible to have the dialer that enables to record phonecalls? There is a dialer with this option in some other 6.5 rom that I had. After flashing to yours it is gone.

Guest daskalos
Hey, what about the question I asked? :P Is it possible to have the dialer that enables to record phonecalls? There is a dialer with this option in some other 6.5 rom that I had. After flashing to yours it is gone.

Download and Install this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/251002075/81a6...all_Record.html

After a few seconds, soft reset...

To record call: When in a call, tap menu, then Create Note. Notes application will open, if recording tool is not present, tap Menu and check View Recording Toolbar. You can now record your calls by pressing the call recorder button (red)

Guest VOODOOS!L
Download and Install this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/251002075/81a6...all_Record.html

After a few seconds, soft reset...

To record call: When in a call, tap menu, then Create Note. Notes application will open, if recording tool is not present, tap Menu and check View Recording Toolbar. You can now record your calls by pressing the call recorder button (red)

or use the freeware app ACR (Auto Call Recorder): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536472

Guest Alek_J

Well, I know there is an option of call recording with the use of the notes or third party applications. The former, however, is not very convenient, the latter is something we try to avoid when installing mega lite roms.

Please let me know if there is way to have the WM 6.5 dialer which has a direct option of call recording in the lower left hand corner with Daskalos's lite rom.

Guest daskalos
Thnx for this rom! works like a charm.

Is there any way to get the old samsung dailer back? or just activate the videocalling option?

What do you need the dialer or video calling?

Guest Sheep82
What do you need the dialer or video calling?

I prefer the old dialer with videocalling and voice record, but only videocalling with the windows default dialer is fine too.

thnx

Guest daskalos
I prefer the old dialer with videocalling and voice record, but only videocalling with the windows default dialer is fine too.

thnx

ok here's the samsung dialer and video call

http://www.4shared.com/file/251310783/fbef...Video_Call.html

But due to the Samsung Dialer is not really compatible with 6.5.5, you will have a scroll bar on the side, though you will some options:

1. To remove the scroll bar, there is a reg entry for this, but you will lose the scroll bar on WM apps like file explorer, messaging etc.

2. You can again disable Samsung Dialer and you will still have Video Call options, though I haven't tested it yet, 'cause I have no one to Video Call to :P

Guest Sheep82
ok here's the samsung dialer and video call

http://www.4shared.com/file/251310783/fbef...Video_Call.html

But due to the Samsung Dialer is not really compatible with 6.5.5, you will have a scroll bar on the side, though you will some options:

1. To remove the scroll bar, there is a reg entry for this, but you will lose the scroll bar on WM apps like file explorer, messaging etc.

2. You can again disable Samsung Dialer and you will still have Video Call options, though I haven't tested it yet, 'cause I have no one to Video Call to :P

Thnx a lot! I will also try the second option you mentioned and report back.

Edit: unfortunately videocalling doesn't work if you disable the samsung dialerskin. I'll stick with the scroll bar then. Thnx again.

Edited by Sheep82