Got my HTC HD2 yesterday.

Guest Omi900

Guest Omi900

After deciding against the Omnia 2 and after much thought I decided to go for the HTC HD2.

I actually ordered the Omnia 2 only to be told after a week of impatient waiting that the phone was out of stock for an unknown time.

I must say first impressions are very good, screen response is a massive improvement on the i900. And it really is a BIG, BIG phone compared to the i900.

Just need to find a good forum (like this one) and some apps to play around with now.

If anyone has any pointers I would be very grateful.

Guest SamStone

I've had my HD2 for about three months now and while I really like most of the features, screen response isn't one of them. My Omnia was much better in that department but I do like the resolution and processor speed of the HD2. I always had a Manila custom ROM on my Omnia so I decided to go for the real thing :P .

Guest Natsirt

the hd2 isnt as smooth as i had imagined.. whilst trying one out at a local phone shop..

for me.. i'm holding out for the upcoming Samsung i9000 Galaxy S :P Super AMOLED!!! :(

Guest xxull_l
After deciding against the Omnia 2 and after much thought I decided to go for the HTC HD2.

I actually ordered the Omnia 2 only to be told after a week of impatient waiting that the phone was out of stock for an unknown time.

I must say first impressions are very good, screen response is a massive improvement on the i900. And it really is a BIG, BIG phone compared to the i900.

Just need to find a good forum (like this one) and some apps to play around with now.

If anyone has any pointers I would be very grateful.

what about the battery life? how long does it last with moderate 3g surfing and moderate sms and call activity?

my omnia doesnot even last for 10hours. i am thinking of buying an hd2 instead of ordering a battery?

Guest SamStone

With the stock ROM I was getting a little over one day on my HD2 battery with moderate surfing, SMS, etc. but after installing the Energy ROM I get two or three days, a massive improvement. Like I said in my post above, I like everything about the HD2 except the screen response. While it isn't bad, it's much harder to enter an SMS or email message than with my Omnia or an iPhone but once you get used to it, it's not so bad and I'm still pleased that I bought it.

...it's much harder to enter an SMS or email message than with my Omnia or an iPhone...

Why is that? I thought that's the main advantage of the capacitive touchscreens - typing to be easier than on resistive ones.

Guest SamStone
Why is that? I thought that's the main advantage of the capacitive touchscreens - typing to be easier than on resistive ones.

That's what I thought also but for me and many others, it isn't working out that way. It's not near as smooth as my Omnia's resistive screen and you have to give it just the right touch for it to work right. If you check out the XDA HD2 forum you will see that this is the main complaint against the phone. I still love the large screen, the resolution, speed of the processor, etc. but I think that they still have a way to go to make the touchscreen more user friendly.