• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

27/May r2 - Desire Camera application on Nexus One (MCR/CM/Enomther)

199 posts in this topic

Posted

Switched to MCR 2.1 with Desire Camera. Works perfectly. Even Wi-Fi.

Posted

CM 5.0.5.3 + Desire camera running here, all good, including WiFi.

Nice one, Paul!

This is the one Sense thing I missed... :)

Can live without the widgets, HelixLauncher adds some interface, themes can give you black.. Paul gives you the camera.. lol

Posted

I forget to mention I patched the app to say 'trackball' instead of 'optical trackball'. :)

P

Posted

Make any ground on 720P video?

=D

Posted

There doesn't seem to be any support for 720P in the Camera app code.

P

Posted

I dont think this is a bug, in desire ROM, it also store in 100MEDIA folder instead the original Nexus One folder.

Ah, that's fine then :) Thought it might have been a bug. Not a huge issue, just doesn't read as nicely as "Camera."

Posted

I can change it, and probably will in a future update.

P

Posted

well done sir P! I've been running cyanogen's ROM's since I need working BT. Updated to 5.0.5.3 and threw this on there and it's perfect. Much better cam than stock.

Posted

Think I figured it out. Everything works fine when I bake the Desire Camera app in using the kitchen. It was when I flashed the separate .ZIP file to my existing rom using Recovery that my Wi-Fi gave me issue.

Posted

Working fine for me too ........ thanks Paul.

Posted (edited)

redacted

Edited by connery916

Posted

So i definetly cant use this on emnother or nobody has tried?

Posted

So i definetly cant use this on emnother or nobody has tried?

nope, can't be used with Enom's rom; i did a nandroid, and tried it, but it stays stuck on the screen with the X

paul said he's going to make a script to make it compatible to all roms

Posted

Works perfectly on Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 here. Thanks Paul!

Posted

Tried this out on my Nexus cm 5.0.5.3 and all I got was constant force close of HelixLauncher 1.3BETA2. Couldn't get past that, I love using that launcher, but the camera app is fabulous gonna try again if there's another update. I'm also using the Nextheme don't know if that affects it. I will be looking for the next update with great anticipation, thanks for your fab work.

Posted

Idk if its just me, but the CM update.zip link sends me to the modaco home page, do i need a premium account to download it?

Posted

Try right click and save as....

Posted

Try right click and save as....

Nope, no luck, i'll try using a different browser...

Posted

Huh...now thats funny...link didn't work in chrome, but it did in firefox, o well

Posted (edited)

Hi Paul amazing ;), one question, I noticed that boot.img is inside the patch. I'm using the custom OC UV kernel so I have to push the zimage again. Is really needed to be there? I'm Just curious :)

Edited by chunga

Posted

Hi Paul amazing ;), one question, I noticed that boot.img is inside the patch. I'm using the custom OC UV kernel so I have to push the zimage again. Is really needed to be there? I'm Just curious :)

What if you flashed the update zip for the camera, then while still in recovery flashed the OC UV kernel that comes in zip format?

Posted

What if you flashed the update zip for the camera, then while still in recovery flashed the OC UV kernel that comes in zip format?

Actually, the camera app force closes after any activity with the OC UV kernel.

Posted

greate work man

Posted

Working brilliantly for me on 5.0.5.3 :)

Only small thing I noticed was that 'Camcorder' icon still takes you to app in Photo mode. No a big deal cause the video capabilities still work.

Great work again Paul ;)

Posted

Great job man i've been patiently (and by patiently, i mean anxiously) waiting for this.

Thanks Paul