HTC Desire Arrived!!

Guest Arthur Hucksake

Guest Calamity James
Just received mine from Mobiles.co.uk, DHL "been" trying to deliver my phone since monday.

Paid £20 for the handset on a £40 a month Vodafone contract with 300minutes & Unlimited Net & Txt 12 month contract.

With £55 cashback, though it was a bargain!

Out of interest, how long is the contract term? I had to take the hit on a 24 month contract just to get the phone for £60, although £25 a month got me 600 mins, unlimited texts (using my flexible booster) and unlimited internet!

Guest peter.taylor
Out of interest, how long is the contract term? I had to take the hit on a 24 month contract just to get the phone for £60, although £25 a month got me 600 mins, unlimited texts (using my flexible booster) and unlimited internet!

i took mine out at CPW, 24 month contract on tmobile, £30 a month. but i have taken out the insurance, so for an extra £2 a month you can finish the contract after 15months.

Guest Drefsab

so far so good I called them up today, they said the order definatly shipped last night, and even could give me my new mobile number. Just have to wait on the postie now.

Guest Calamity James
i took mine out at CPW, 24 month contract on tmobile, £30 a month. but i have taken out the insurance, so for an extra £2 a month you can finish the contract after 15months.
Very interesting, how does that work exactly? And can you take it out with T-Mo themselves or is it a CPW thing only?

Edit: Or am I being too naive here? *glances at the date* :P

Edited by Calamity James

Guest HugoQueiriga

It is a 12 month contract, it should cost me £425 total with Cashback!

I've been using it now for a few hours and I like it, was able to figure out some issues, however I still cannot get past the issue that if you are on a call and you need to type a number for tone options, it does not work.

But will read the user guide once I have time!

Guest masterpfa
Two things I've noticed so far with my TMobile Desire:
  • No voice search, and the apk from Paul's Desire-to-N1 Rom doesn't install
  • No way of getting out of Sense. On the hero you could clear the defaults for HTC Sense, and the next time you hit the home button it would ask you which home to use...on the Desire it just restarts Sense...

Anyone have any thoughts?

Try the app 'HomeSwitcher'

Guest Bouncer5

Been looking at getting it on orange, CWP and mobiles.co.uk, All fine, But I want it from orange so I can upgrade my contract instead of a new one :P Also means I shall be stuck with branding :( And I'll need to wait as they don't have it in there system yet, Not happy.

Guest irishandrew

Ordered mine with Vodafone yesterday (upgrade to my contract); Free phone, 900mins anytime cross network, unlimited landline calls (fair use = 3000 mins), unlimited texts (fair use = 3000 texts), unlimited internet (fair use = 500mb) and vodafone passport all in for £35/month including VAT.

The catch is it's 24months - enquired about 18 but would have to pay a little for the phone (only £35 though...) and lose the landline calls and 300 mins. I considered this but given that I've had my current contract for 23 months so far (left it rolling after the 18 as no phones I wanted) I figured if there was something I desperately wanted to upgrade to in the future I can buy it sim free, like I did with the Hero.

I also asked if the internet could be 1GB, but was told some spin about it being iPhone only and they roughly equate given the iphones lesser compression in Safari... I pointed out that one of the SIM Only deals suggested for iPhone offers 1GB, and surely there's nothing stopping someone simply popping that SIM into any phone, but they were having none of it! Ah well, I don't go over my limit currently.

Was told it would be with me on Tuesday, although I just got a text message this morning saying it has been delayed, although no indication as to when just yet :-(

-Andrew.

Guest GodDriven

Okay guys.. I am ready and willing to pay.. All i need is someone to say sure I'll sell my desire to $350-400.. And i will gladly place the flow in your hand.. Also, how in gods name do I get this to come here, U.S., I am very interested in this..

Alsom, as a forum.. Has anyone flash a N1 build on the Desire.. Or a MoDoCo branded desire ROM.. ?

Just curious..

Guest rhedgehog
.... if you are on a call and you need to type a number for tone options, it does not work.....

go to settings, sound and display. Make sure that you have audible touch tones turned on. If you turn them off, it seems to disable the DTMF tones....dunno why, but i've seen that a few times.

Sorry to hijack the thread, btw. Just thought i'd answer that one straight away.

As for the rest, just waiting on t-mobile's next delivery of stock to get mine...till then it seems i may be 'borrowing one of the three we have at work :-)

Edited by rhedgehog

Guest kam187
Okay guys.. I am ready and willing to pay.. All i need is someone to say sure I'll sell my desire to $350-400.. And i will gladly place the flow in your hand.. Also, how in gods name do I get this to come here, U.S., I am very interested in this..

Alsom, as a forum.. Has anyone flash a N1 build on the Desire.. Or a MoDoCo branded desire ROM.. ?

Just curious..

Its worth about $600, so i wouldnt hold my breath if i were u :P

Also it wont work on any US 3g networks, so you'll only get GPRS/EDGE.

Buy a Nexus if you're on T-Mobile or the AT&T nexus if you're on AT&T. The Desire is really only for Europe/Asia.

Guest ftg888

I got my desire from a virgin media shop on payg. 399.99 and bonus its UNLOCKED STOCK.

1) insert gold card

2) flashed generic eu firmware and boo-yeah :P

Guest zippyioa

I picked up a Desire yesterday from a T-Mobile store - it took me a bit of phoning around to find a store with stock, but it was SO worth it!

The software on mine is as follows:

Firmware Version

2.1-update1

Baseband Version

32.30.00.28u_4.05.00.11

Kernel Version

2.6.29-3cb3dfbf

htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build Number

1.15.110.11 CL155070 release-keys

Software number

Browser version

Webkit 3.1

All good so far, just waiting for an unlock code from HTCCode (their usual 15EUR option doesnt work on the Desire - you have to pay 25EUR directly to them and wait a few days).

Cheers

Zippyioa

Edited by zippyioa