thekevster's CF03 6.5 ROMS 23541

Guest thekevster

Guest gorf1000

Kevster, I've been a holdout on Storm's ROMs until recently when I started using WhiteBlazer's (from OmniaRom). Storms have always been solid and while Blazer's had some minor issue's they were always visually stunning. Since Storm's been on a little hiatus from us recently I gave yours a shot and I've been extremely pleased! You've really put together a nice looking ROM and I've found it to be extremely stable. You also have a good selection of apps built in, my only suggestion in the future is to cook in the black camera that Storm and some of the other chef's use (I think it's much more visually appealing on our phones) and maybe include TorchButton.

Great job overall! I'm going to hang in with ya here for a while.

Guest doubleroll

Been using Waremike's Nurom 23518 for a while now but I like what you have done here. What are the main differences? Thx!

Guest kevkavalier

I've been searching for Manila Weather Settings Editor. Does anybody have a cab for it? It's cooked into Rob Storm's rom of flotanium but this rom isn't effing up either!

Guest thekevster

thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback on the ROMs!

Kevster, I've been a holdout on Storm's ROMs until recently when I started using WhiteBlazer's (from OmniaRom). Storms have always been solid and while Blazer's had some minor issue's they were always visually stunning. Since Storm's been on a little hiatus from us recently I gave yours a shot and I've been extremely pleased! You've really put together a nice looking ROM and I've found it to be extremely stable. You also have a good selection of apps built in, my only suggestion in the future is to cook in the black camera that Storm and some of the other chef's use (I think it's much more visually appealing on our phones) and maybe include TorchButton.

Great job overall! I'm going to hang in with ya here for a while.

testing a 23554 build with black camera and torchbutton now. so far so good, but i just need to fix some cosmetic issues.

Been using Waremike's Nurom 23518 for a while now but I like what you have done here. What are the main differences? Thx!

the main differences are the build number, the theme, and the selection of apps cooked in.

I've been searching for Manila Weather Settings Editor. Does anybody have a cab for it? It's cooked into Rob Storm's rom of flotanium but this rom isn't effing up either!

here is the original thread for the program:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554857

Guest tractor101

Problem with text messaging anybody? I'm running an earlier version of the M2D only ROM and i just noticed i can't compose a new text message and even tough i can receive them, i can't reply.

Just wondering if the new version (M2D only V3) has the same problem (maybe)?

Guest thekevster
Problem with text messaging anybody? I'm running an earlier version of the M2D only ROM and i just noticed i can't compose a new text message and even tough i can receive them, i can't reply.

Just wondering if the new version (M2D only V3) has the same problem (maybe)?

it may be due to a program you installed or something you changed. i just tried to compose a text and reply to one that somebody sent me and they worked for me.

Guest tractor101
it may be due to a program you installed or something you changed. i just tried to compose a text and reply to one that somebody sent me and they worked for me.

Darn! Oh well, I was looking for an excuse to flash V3 anyway!

So, I've been running one of Adrynalyne's old roms for a while now and am thinking about flashing to this one. Can anyone tell me if it includes an internet sharing application? Or if not any recommendations? I do frequently tether to my omnia for internet access.

Guest lordv8r
So, I've been running one of Adrynalyne's old roms for a while now and am thinking about flashing to this one. Can anyone tell me if it includes an internet sharing application? Or if not any recommendations? I do frequently tether to my omnia for internet access.

Yes it does have internet sharing.

Guest ebidar

So I flashed my phone for the first time, and it went smoothly. I wanna thank Kev for this great Rom. Did have a minor glitch and was wondering if it was only me or others having this same glitch. While I go to settings to change gps to location on. When I press ok to get out of that settings page, it will stay stuck there can not go out or anywhere else, basically gotta soft reset after that. Any ideas or possible fix for this would be appreciated. Also I have SPB keyboard, and when I try to go to options to register the software, it doesn't go to options it reverts to half sreen mode and flickers twice but that's it no options. I know the latter might not have anything to do with this rom but asking anyway, as I was able get the options on the previous original rom. Thank you for your help.

Edit 1 I am currently flashing to M2d version, I had done the titanium one, but I wanted the M2d version doh. lol Well after I get it done I will report if I have the same issues I had with previous flash, I probably will as I know the only difference is the shell/skin. But I will let you know.

Edit#2 Well yes I continue to have the same issue, any help would be appreciated.

Edited by ebidar

Guest thekevster
So I flashed my phone for the first time, and it went smoothly. I wanna thank Kev for this great Rom. Did have a minor glitch and was wondering if it was only me or others having this same glitch. While I go to settings to change gps to location on. When I press ok to get out of that settings page, it will stay stuck there can not go out or anywhere else, basically gotta soft reset after that. Any ideas or possible fix for this would be appreciated. Also I have SPB keyboard, and when I try to go to options to register the software, it doesn't go to options it reverts to half sreen mode and flickers twice but that's it no options. I know the latter might not have anything to do with this rom but asking anyway, as I was able get the options on the previous original rom. Thank you for your help.

Edit 1 I am currently flashing to M2d version, I had done the titanium one, but I wanted the M2d version doh. lol Well after I get it done I will report if I have the same issues I had with previous flash, I probably will as I know the only difference is the shell/skin. But I will let you know.

the OK button bug is universal to all 6.5 ROMS for omnia, its a bug on Windows' part. to compensate for it i have mapped the Main Menu Button on the left side of the phone to OK/Close. if a screen won't close for you, just give that button a tap and you should be good.

not sure about SPB keyboard though. i'll test it out if i'm able to find a cab for SPB keyboard as my USB cable is about 200 miles from me right now. and i know most SPB programs are installed via exe on comp

Edited by thekevster

Guest ebidar

Hey Kev, thanks for the idea. I actually have the cab on my storage, but you are right, SPB products can be installed through .exe on computer. So thats what I did I downloaded from their website and install the registered version that way. It installed on my phone nicely. Still can't go to options to check if it registered lol, But I am sure it did, if not I will find out in 15 days lol.

One question, I used to use GPS Keep Alive app to toggle the gps on and off before I flashed my phone, I have noticed that GPS hasn't really worked since I did that. I installed the app but still no go on the GPS, and yes the Location is on, any suggestions?

Guest thekevster
Just flashed your rom last night, love it so far, it was my first flash on my i910. Great work mate!

thanks! i'm glad you like it.

and thanks to everyone else who has complimented my ROMS that i havent replied to. i've been busy lately.

One question, I used to use GPS Keep Alive app to toggle the gps on and off before I flashed my phone, I have noticed that GPS hasn't really worked since I did that. I installed the app but still no go on the GPS, and yes the Location is on, any suggestions?

have you tried GPS Lock Fix? i stick it in my XDA_UC folder so it automatically installs each time i flash. for the values i use 0, 512, 512

Guest ebidar
thanks! i'm glad you like it.

and thanks to everyone else who has complimented my ROMS that i havent replied to. i've been busy lately.

have you tried GPS Lock Fix? i stick it in my XDA_UC folder so it automatically installs each time i flash. for the values i use 0, 512, 512

Installing atm, Will report back. Will I still need to use Keep Alive to turn on GPS or not anymore. Sorry for all the questions. But thank you for all your help.

Guest ebidar
Installing atm, Will report back. Will I still need to use Keep Alive to turn on GPS or not anymore. Sorry for all the questions. But thank you for all your help.

Thank you the gps lock worked. By the way the tell me software is awesome. The whole thing is great. Thank you for this great rom. :P

Guest thekevster
Thank you the gps lock worked. By the way the tell me software is awesome. The whole thing is great. Thank you for this great rom. :P

np. glad i could help :(

Hey Kev,

Gotta say it again. Very happy with this rom. One more question for ya. The last ROM i was running had a task switcher in the systray so i could toggle between open apps. Is there something like that built into this one? ... am I just missing it?

Guest thekevster
Hey Kev,

Gotta say it again. Very happy with this rom. One more question for ya. The last ROM i was running had a task switcher in the systray so i could toggle between open apps. Is there something like that built into this one? ... am I just missing it?

task switcher was removed from these ROMs. i use showcase instead. i attached a cab for taskswitcher to this post. thanks to okie over at omniarom.

TaskSwitcher.CAB

Edited by thekevster