thekevster's CF03 6.5 ROMS 23541

Guest thekevster

Guest kevkavalier

ok, I'll give it a whirl.....downloading.....

Ummmmmmmmm......well....it's working........errrrrrrr....

Keeps asking if I want to continue with the following program TFDCloseTF.exe unknown publisher..blah, blah, blah...

I hope this helps. Getting late and I got to go to bed for work in the morning. Looks good so far especially since you're cooking blind. I don't know of any programs that do the screen captures.

Edited by kevkavalier

Guest thekevster

glad to see its finally working. just need to add in the regedits and whatnot for the uknown publisher message.

not sure about the exchange server problem. maybe its how you configured the setup? i cant be sure though. hopefully someone else uses an exchange server and can test it. i'll try my exchange setup when i can flash again..2 more days if im lucky.

Guest kevkavalier
glad to see its finally working. just need to add in the regedits and whatnot for the uknown publisher message.

not sure about the exchange server problem. maybe its how you configured the setup? i cant be sure though. hopefully someone else uses an exchange server and can test it. i'll try my exchange setup when i can flash again..2 more days if im lucky.

God speed!

Guest thekevster

cooking a new version that might have exchange server fixed. will start uploading tonight but might not get the link up til morning.

Guest wurzzz
That happened to me when I was runnning touchflo too. It seemed to happen anytime I changed something in M2DC. I was able to restore the today button functionality by opening up TouchFlo Detacher and reassigning the function for the "today" softbutton. Dont remember if I had to soft reset or not .... but I believe I did. I'm running M2D only now, so I cant test. Let me know if that helps.

Got it working again. thanks! I chose "Hide TouchFlo" if any1 was wondering.

Kev, regarding the Weather panel in M2D, is there any way to add more locations in? Im in a rather small city (Boiling Springs / Spartanburg in SC). was just wondering. Also, is it just me, or does "Browser" under the Internet panel in M2D not bring up anything? Clicking on the youtube link doesnt work too.

Thanks!

Guest thekevster
Got it working again. thanks! I chose "Hide TouchFlo" if any1 was wondering.

Kev, regarding the Weather panel in M2D, is there any way to add more locations in? Im in a rather small city (Boiling Springs / Spartanburg in SC). was just wondering. Also, is it just me, or does "Browser" under the Internet panel in M2D not bring up anything? Clicking on the youtube link doesnt work too.

Thanks!

you have to add it to the weather cities xml file manually. i can do it for you and create a cab for easy installation. do you want both Boiling Springs and Spartanburg added? won't be able to do it till tomorrow though, going to bed right now.

Edited by thekevster

Guest kevkavalier
this build should have security warnings disabled. might have exchange fixed. please post results if you flash.

http://www.4shared.com/file/7dVE7IlR/FLASH_DC22_v11.html

This one is working. After you go into the the START menu, there are many missing icon/programs in the folders i.e. Titanium, Comm are empty folders. Your IM selector is missing from the menu. God, my head hurts....

Unless Verizon is having a data outage, well, nothing is connecting data wise...

Edited by kevkavalier

Guest thekevster
This one is working. After you go into the the START menu, there are many missing icon/programs in the folders i.e. Titanium, Comm are empty folders. Your IM selector is missing from the menu. God, my head hurts....

Unless Verizon is having a data outage, well, nothing is connecting data wise...

the folder issue should be easy to fix. are you sure imselector is gone? the icon has been changed so its not the generic white square one anymore. also look for Default Input or something like that.

cant be sure about the connection though. is it still not working? i probably wont be able to cook again til tomorrow or friday, and by then hopefully i have my data cable. i could even have it in my mailbox right now, but they switched the locks on me without telling me and the office is closed so i cant check it til tomorrow.

Guest woodsptw
the folder issue should be easy to fix. are you sure imselector is gone? the icon has been changed so its not the generic white square one anymore. also look for Default Input or something like that.

cant be sure about the connection though. is it still not working? i probably wont be able to cook again til tomorrow or friday, and by then hopefully i have my data cable. i could even have it in my mailbox right now, but they switched the locks on me without telling me and the office is closed so i cant check it til tomorrow.

remember.. I had a connection issue on the first kevster dc22 version.. may still be the same issue.??

Guest thekevster
remember.. I had a connection issue on the first kevster dc22 version.. may still be the same issue.??

yea but i dont know how or even if i fixed it lol. trying to figure it out, might have a new test version later tonight. if this next one doesnt work i'm going to wait til i have my cord to work on it again.

Guest wurzzz
you have to add it to the weather cities xml file manually. i can do it for you and create a cab for easy installation. do you want both Boiling Springs and Spartanburg added? won't be able to do it till tomorrow though, going to bed right now.

yes sir. Both cities in South Carolina. Whenever you can. No rush. I see you're doin a big project right now =)

Guest gorf1000

Okay, loaded up this recent ROM, it's looking really nice. I've noticed a couple of issues but I've only had about 10 minutes to play with it so far, I'll update more as I use it. First things are that on the TouchFlo settings tab the Sync Data, Wallpaper and Communications options do not work all the others do. The only other issue I've noticed so far is that there is no bluetooth icon when bluetooth is turned on.

I've attached some screen shots, I believe in screen8 you can see that bluetooth is turned on yet there's no BT icon in the top bar.

post-520861-1271330366_thumb.jpg

post-520861-1271330387_thumb.jpg

post-520861-1271330396_thumb.jpg

post-520861-1271330404_thumb.jpg

post-520861-1271330409_thumb.jpg

post-520861-1271330414_thumb.jpg

post-520861-1271330419_thumb.jpg

post-520861-1271330425_thumb.jpg

post-520861-1271330433_thumb.jpg

post-520861-1271330524_thumb.jpg

Edited by gorf1000

Guest thekevster
Okay, loaded up this recent ROM, it's looking really nice. I've noticed a couple of issues but I've only had about 10 minutes to play with it so far, I'll update more as I use it. First things are that on the TouchFlo settings tab the Sync Data, Wallpaper and Communications options do not work all the others do. The only other issue I've noticed so far is that there is no bluetooth icon when bluetooth is turned on.

I've attached some screen shots, I believe in screen8 you can see that bluetooth is turned on yet there's no BT icon in the top bar.

glad to see most of the major problems are fixed now! the wallpaper button never worked in the settings tab. not sure about the other two, i used the same package i use in my CF03 and they work in those ROMs as far as i know. i think i forgot to include the bluetooth icon broker, so that is why the bluetooth icon isnt showing.

its good the connections are finally working though. i'll try to test it out thoroughly when i get my usb cable....which hopefully is today.

thanks for testing and posting screenshots gorf!

Edited by thekevster

Guest thekevster
yes sir. Both cities in South Carolina. Whenever you can. No rush. I see you're doin a big project right now =)

i'll try to get it this afternoon when i have a break from class. is boiling springs in North carolina? because i went on weather channel and tried typing in boiling springs, sc and the only options it gave me was boiling springs, nc. spartanburg, sc worked though.

Guest gorf1000
glad to see most of the major problems are fixed now! the wallpaper button never worked in the settings tab. not sure about the other two, i used the same package i use in my CF03 and they work in those ROMs as far as i know. i think i forgot to include the bluetooth icon broker, so that is why the bluetooth icon isnt showing.

its good the connections are finally working though. i'll try to test it out thoroughly when i get my usb cable....which hopefully is today.

thanks for testing and posting screenshots gorf!

I did have to manually set up the internet connection (setting #777 and my phone number as the u/n) to get the internet connection and ActiveSync working.

The other glitch I'm hitting is that I don't have smooth scrolling in Explorer, it's back to the old click-scrolling.

Also, the screen doesn't lock automatically, did you build that into your last builds?

Guest thekevster
I did have to manually set up the internet connection (setting #777 and my phone number as the u/n) to get the internet connection and ActiveSync working.

The other glitch I'm hitting is that I don't have smooth scrolling in Explorer, it's back to the old click-scrolling.

Also, the screen doesn't lock automatically, did you build that into your last builds?

hm, i'll see what i can find out about the connections settings not configuring automatically.

as for the scrolling in explorer, i need to cook the FTouchSL kinetic scrolling drivers into the OEM. i'll add that in next version.

i've never had automatic locking cooked in to my builds. you have to go into settings -> personal -> buttons and set to lock device on wakeup.

Guest gorf1000
i've never had automatic locking cooked in to my builds. you have to go into settings -> personal -> buttons and set to lock device on wakeup.

I guess that's one of those things I did without thinking about it. ;) Thanks!

Guest bluematrix64

Yo, Kev, I guess I am confused with your setup, are your new updates placed on the first posts or are they mixed in to the thread? I am looking for DC22 stuff in just Titanium, no HTC stuff...

Guest thekevster
Yo, Kev, I guess I am confused with your setup, are your new updates placed on the first posts or are they mixed in to the thread? I am looking for DC22 stuff in just Titanium, no HTC stuff...

the ones in the first post are all CF03 ROMs. the ones i am posting in the thread are just test versions of DC22, not going to have an official release til i can get almost all of the problems fixed. i dont have a dc22 titanium version cooked yet. i've only done flotanium so far with DC22. will defenitely have titanium only version when i release my DC22 ROMs though.

I guess that's one of those things I did without thinking about it. ;) Thanks!

np ;)

Edited by thekevster

Guest thekevster

finally got my cable! already updated to dc22 and flashed my latest dc22 test ROM. doing some testing to see what all needs to be fixed.

going to make wurzz a cab for the weather cities then i'll work on another build. will post whenever it is to my liking.