thekevster's CF03 6.5 ROMS 23541

Guest thekevster

Guest gorf1000
finally got my cable! already updated to dc22 and flashed my latest dc22 test ROM. doing some testing to see what all needs to be fixed.

going to make wurzz a cab for the weather cities then i'll work on another build. will post whenever it is to my liking.

Great to hear it! Looking forward to your official release, really can't wait for a M2D release. ;)

Guest kevkavalier
finally got my cable! already updated to dc22 and flashed my latest dc22 test ROM. doing some testing to see what all needs to be fixed.

going to make wurzz a cab for the weather cities then i'll work on another build. will post whenever it is to my liking.

A special request of The Kevster:

Make a super-fantastic DC22 version of Rob Storm's last Flotanium only with your rock solid stable ROM. -LOL!

Things that I like:

Kevster's rock solid stable rom.

Rob's incoming big screen call notification.

titanium weather with location self finding just like M2D(2?) + merged with weather radar!

Fully loaded Chome Editor(just like Rob's but with more)- so we can pick and choose panels without having to install 10 more cabs!

Theme Maker- Yes, I said it! I like easy!

A way to move icons from the start menu into those folders you guys all cooked in. + the ability to add, delete or rename those folders.

widgets- yes more widgets for the i910! Screw the i900!

Free PRON! Besides the CTS widget!

No, really, a good fun rom with reasonable instruction on how to use everything since nobody has all the time in the world to search these forums for everything.

One place with all cabs/regs, explanations/instructions so we can all use them without searching forever on different sites/forums.

Lastly, KILL THE MICROSOFT KEYBOARDS IN ALL ROMS!!!! IT SUCKS!!! FingerKeyboard or the "Forbidden One" are far better in features. Hell, even Stock is better!

Guest thekevster

wurzz: i sent you a pm with a link to the cab to install the cities you wanted to the list of weather cities.

Great to hear it! Looking forward to your official release, really can't wait for a M2D release. ;)

i could probably get one out tonight if you dont mind configuring the data connection settings manually again. built another release and i'm testing it right now, and the only problem that still persists is the connection not automatically configuring itself. exchange works, comm manager is in so the communications button works on the m2d settings tab now, active sync button works, kinetic scrolling is fixed, bluetooth icon now works when bluetooth is on, IM Selector is back in the start menu with a new icon thanks to waremike32, most of the folders are fixed with new icons thanks again to waremike32. Titanium folder is still empty, but the comm folder now has cm wifi internet sharing and stuff like that in it. aside from the connection settings problem, i think this is one of my best builds yet.

A special request of The Kevster:

Make a super-fantastic DC22 version of Rob Storm's last Flotanium only with your rock solid stable ROM. -LOL!

Things that I like:

Kevster's rock solid stable rom.

Rob's incoming big screen call notification.

titanium weather with location self finding just like M2D(2?) + merged with weather radar!

Fully loaded Chome Editor(just like Rob's but with more)- so we can pick and choose panels without having to install 10 more cabs!

Theme Maker- Yes, I said it! I like easy!

A way to move icons from the start menu into those folders you guys all cooked in. + the ability to add, delete or rename those folders.

widgets- yes more widgets for the i910! Screw the i900!

Free PRON! Besides the CTS widget!

No, really, a good fun rom with reasonable instruction on how to use everything since nobody has all the time in the world to search these forums for everything.

One place with all cabs/regs, explanations/instructions so we can all use them without searching forever on different sites/forums.

Lastly, KILL THE MICROSOFT KEYBOARDS IN ALL ROMS!!!! IT SUCKS!!! FingerKeyboard or the "Forbidden One" are far better in features. Hell, even Stock is better!

i'll see if rob maybe wants to collaborate on a ROM sometime. i won't have the time to engage in any projects until the middle of may though. i'll get my line of DC22 ROMs out when i finish them and i'll be done cooking until finals are over for the most part. i might fix a bug or tweak something, or update the build number on the weekends, but i won't have time for anything major.

I only leave the Microsoft keyboard in there since everyone has different preferences on keyboards now that there are quite a few to choose from, and alot like myself prefer to install the "Forbidden One" after flashing.

Guest ebidar

Ive been using your latest test rom for DC22 Flo and its been working great, I had very little trouble with setting up connection settings. Looking forward to that updated version you talked about with kinetic fixed and comm manager back. Thanks for your work and time. And still can say that you have the most stable rom out there. Thanks!!!

Guest kevkavalier

So Kevster, why is titanium weather out of your roms? Who has a loaded version w/cab? anyone have a cab for the "Weather Panel" for titanium?

Guest gorf1000
wurzz: i sent you a pm with a link to the cab to install the cities you wanted to the list of weather cities.

i could probably get one out tonight if you dont mind configuring the data connection settings manually again. built another release and i'm testing it right now, and the only problem that still persists is the connection not automatically configuring itself. exchange works, comm manager is in so the communications button works on the m2d settings tab now, active sync button works, kinetic scrolling is fixed, bluetooth icon now works when bluetooth is on, IM Selector is back in the start menu with a new icon thanks to waremike32, most of the folders are fixed with new icons thanks again to waremike32. Titanium folder is still empty, but the comm folder now has cm wifi internet sharing and stuff like that in it. aside from the connection settings problem, i think this is one of my best builds yet.

i'll see if rob maybe wants to collaborate on a ROM sometime. i won't have the time to engage in any projects until the middle of may though. i'll get my line of DC22 ROMs out when i finish them and i'll be done cooking until finals are over for the most part. i might fix a bug or tweak something, or update the build number on the weekends, but i won't have time for anything major.

I only leave the Microsoft keyboard in there since everyone has different preferences on keyboards now that there are quite a few to choose from, and alot like myself prefer to install the "Forbidden One" after flashing.

Thanks Kev, you've really done an incredible job since you started flashing here, your ROMs have become the best that I've used. I definitely appreciate all your hard work, my friend dumped his Omnia months ago and I keep telling him if he had just held out a little longer he could have taken advantage of all these great ROMs that are out here now.

Looking forward to your coming work, thanks again!

Guest thekevster
So Kevster, why is titanium weather out of your roms? Who has a loaded version w/cab? anyone have a cab for the "Weather Panel" for titanium?

i left it out save room and since there are multiple versions of titanium weather and everyone has different preferences, there are 2 versions of titanium weather in this thread in the 2nd post:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1009154

and you can find fullscreen titanium weather here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...screen-weather/

Hey kev, what is the exact name of the file that you need to edit to add different cities?

the file is HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml which is in the Windows folder

Thanks Kev, you've really done an incredible job since you started flashing here, your ROMs have become the best that I've used. I definitely appreciate all your hard work, my friend dumped his Omnia months ago and I keep telling him if he had just held out a little longer he could have taken advantage of all these great ROMs that are out here now.

Looking forward to your coming work, thanks again!

thanks! i'll try to have a new version out sometime this weekend, just been under the weather since yesterday evening.

i've noticed that, at least in my newer versions, comm manager makes you enter the connection settings manually to turn on data connection through wifi, yet when the weather is updated or marketplace is opened, the connection connects itself automatically, yet its not in the list of available ISP's. not sure why its doing this, but it's not a major problem, and it's the only problem that still persists so i'm going to go ahead and start my line of DC22 ROMs hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Edited by thekevster

Guest kevkavalier
i left it out save room and since there are multiple versions of titanium weather and everyone has different preferences, there are 2 versions of titanium weather in this thread:

and you can find fullscreen titanium weather here:

the file is HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml which is in the Windows folder

thanks! i'll try to have a new version out sometime this weekend, just been under the weather since yesterday evening.

i've noticed that, at least in my newer versions, comm manager makes you enter the connection settings manually to turn on data connection through wifi, yet when the weather is updated or marketplace is opened, the connection connects itself automatically, yet its not in the list of available ISP's. not sure why its doing this, but it's not a major problem, and it's the only problem that still persists so i'm going to go ahead and start my line of DC22 ROMs hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

sorry dude. but your links to titanium weather did not post.

Guest thekevster
sorry dude. but your links to titanium weather did not post.

i forgot to post them ;)

i was finishing the entire post, then i was going to go back and get the links but i completely forgot. i'll get them here in a sec and edit the post.

Guest kevkavalier
i forgot to post them ;)

i was finishing the entire post, then i was going to go back and get the links but i completely forgot. i'll get them here in a sec and edit the post.

You're a good man! Can't wait to flash back to your new flotanium! I even got my XDA_UC folder ready to go!

Edited by kevkavalier

Guest thekevster
You're a good man! Can't wait to flash back to your new flotanium! I even got my XDA_UC folder ready to go!

i'll go ahead and upload it and post the link tonight. don't have much time to make a fancy post with screenshots and all the added/removed stuff right now, but that will come tomorrow or sunday. will more likely be sunday because i'm going to a festival called marleyfest tomorrow, and when i get back i won't be in much of any shape or state of mind to be cooking lol. would probably end up with a ROM like waremike's "Kind ROM 23*420*" if you catch my drift ;) ;)

after i get my DC22 ROMs out i'll try to go back and update my CF03 builds with the new enhancements that i'm cooking into my DC22 ROMs for everyone that is sticking with CF03.

Edited by thekevster

Guest thekevster

here it is, my latest version of the DC22 Flotanium ROM, most of the things are fixed except for the problem with the connection settings and comm manager i described earlier but is easily fixed manually:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Sh-RHCSe/FLASH...2Flotanv35.html

hoping to get m2d only and titanium only out tonight or tomorrow. cant make any guarantees though as this is the busiest time of year for me.

Guest wurzzz

Hey kevster! Thanks for the Location cabs. they work great. Heres a new question. How do I get to the page where I can choose which Wifi location to connect to? In the Comm Manager, I can only turn Wifi on and off. When i click on the Wi-fi (Connect to Wi-Fi Network) words, it brings me to Network Adapters page.

Im currently on Page Plus. Is there a way to automatically set Wifi as the 1st choice of connection instead of connecting to broadband when internet is needed?

Guest waremike32
...would probably end up with a ROM like waremike's "Kind ROM 23*420*" if you catch my drift ;) ;)

LOL, that would be great, that rom needs an update ;)

Guest thekevster
Hey kevster! Thanks for the Location cabs. they work great. Heres a new question. How do I get to the page where I can choose which Wifi location to connect to? In the Comm Manager, I can only turn Wifi on and off. When i click on the Wi-fi (Connect to Wi-Fi Network) words, it brings me to Network Adapters page.

Im currently on Page Plus. Is there a way to automatically set Wifi as the 1st choice of connection instead of connecting to broadband when internet is needed?

when the adapters page comes up, go over 1 tab and that should be the connections page. i'm not sure though as I'm not experiencing that prome.

as for the connections, if you have phone connection off, then wifi will be used if it's turned on. the only thing is that you won't recieve calls or anything. i guess you could try MoDaCo NoData. i've never used it before though, so i dont know fure sure if it will work or not.

Just flashed to the newest ROM and WOW...love the DC22 flotanium layout! Great job Kevster! So far so good.

thanks! ;)

i'm glad you like it...took alot of trial and error lol

LOL, that would be great, that rom needs an update ;)

lol yea

i would defenitely still be using the kind rom if it was a newer build haha

Guest thekevster
Yo kev

what about a new thread for your DC22 stuff? just a thought.

i'm actually planning on starting it today and at least getting flotan in there. just updating flotan to 23559 and then going to cook m2d and titanium only ROMs.

Guest uberwagen

I flashed to your latest DC22 Flotanium ROM on Sunday. I can report the network worked without changing any settings. Exchange server works as normal. The mouse locking up in email seems to happen less frequently with this ROM. The only other glitch I've noticed to date is when I try to map the camera button as "home" it wouldn't work. I remapped it as "rotate" with no problems.

Overall, another home run for you Kev. Thanks for your work. Looking forward to the post on the new thread.

Guest thekevster
I flashed to your latest DC22 Flotanium ROM on Sunday. I can report the network worked without changing any settings. Exchange server works as normal. The mouse locking up in email seems to happen less frequently with this ROM. The only other glitch I've noticed to date is when I try to map the camera button as "home" it wouldn't work. I remapped it as "rotate" with no problems.

Overall, another home run for you Kev. Thanks for your work. Looking forward to the post on the new thread.

thanks uberwagen! good to see everything is working for you. i might just need to reflash stock DC22 and see if that fixes the network problems i'm having.

not sure why the camera button being mapped as home isnt working. i think it might be associated with the Ok soft key bug.

all my DC22 is now going to be continued in my DC22 thread, and i'm removing my old test DC22 versions from my 4shared account cuz i'm beginning to run low on space so there will be dead links in earlier posts in this thread with DC22 ROMS.

Edited by thekevster

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lokonopa

Kev, thank you for all your hard work. I hate to get to the party late because I would have gladly tested the hell out of my Omnia for this build. I've used so many different ROMs, but your FloTanium V3 has been my absolute favorite.

One question: In your FloTanium V3 ROM I've been using, it hangs for a moment when switching from Titanium to M2D for me. Is this normal? I haven't read anyone else having this problem. Though, I will certainly upgrade to your DC22 ROM immediately, I just wanted to know if anyone had this issue as well.

Thrilled to see how fast you got a FloTanium DC22 ROM out!

Guest thekevster
Kev, thank you for all your hard work. I hate to get to the party late because I would have gladly tested the hell out of my Omnia for this build. I've used so many different ROMs, but your FloTanium V3 has been my absolute favorite.

One question: In your FloTanium V3 ROM I've been using, it hangs for a moment when switching from Titanium to M2D for me. Is this normal? I haven't read anyone else having this problem. Though, I will certainly upgrade to your DC22 ROM immediately, I just wanted to know if anyone had this issue as well.

Thrilled to see how fast you got a FloTanium DC22 ROM out!

the lag is normal for flotanium. its always done that for me on every flotanium ROM i've ever used.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TriniPlatinum

Great work on this rom kevster! Using the CF03 and it's really fast and stable! I'm having one issue though. The YouTube icon under the M2D Internet Tab is not working. Any fix for that?

Guest peperonikiller
Great work on this rom kevster! Using the CF03 and it's really fast and stable! I'm having one issue though. The YouTube icon under the M2D Internet Tab is not working. Any fix for that?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\Customized]

"CustomizedDescription"=""

"CustomizedIcon"="\\Windows\\HH_INTERNET_YOUTUBE.bmp"

"CustomizedTitle"="YouTube"

"CustomizedURL"="\\Program Files\\youtube\\YouTube.exe"

"NoDescription"=dword:00000001

Just browse to this reg line and change the URL for the exe

Now Kev tell me your reg settings to the Internet tab to launch Opera 10 Final, mine randomly stopped working.

Edited by peperonikiller