HTC Desire root update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
Just asking a few Plus people to confirm it works before I post for all.

Last thing I want is to put it out for everyone and it bricks a shitload of phones! :huh:

P

Very sensible, especially as this is the first time this has been done on this device.

Guest The_IMF

Just realised that I have access to that thread... lol.

Unfortunately do not have a liveCD or any sort of Linux so can't do anything yet...

Guest psychoken
Just asking a few Plus people to confirm it works before I post for all.

Last thing I want is to put it out for everyone and it bricks a shitload of phones! :huh:

P

so PM me .. I just want to test it ;D

Guest Silver Bullet
What the devil is a WIP user??

My first guess is that in this case WIP stands for "Work In Progress"...

Just realised that I have access to that thread... lol.

My second guess is that your usual pusher is cheating on you... :-)

Edited by Silver Bullet

Guest fubuman_05

is the bootloader from desire like the milestone? signed and very very hard to crack

if it is so it can still take a long time to custom roms are possible... or not? :huh:

Guest rodriguezstyle
Will do.. Gold Cards needed though and mine is at home... Have to wait I think

please a Link with a manual to create a GoldCard with W7 Thank You...

Guest nekromantik

this is exciting!!

anyone that does it let us know how it goes

well done Paul, cheers for the hard work

do you need Linux to be able to Root?

I got BackTrack live CD will that do?

Edited by nekromantik

Guest VGLink

Hey Paul. I just signed in here because of you. I heard that you are the only one who can root the desire and yet you did it. How long does it take until the normal user can see the tutorial???

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany

Guest Mklass

Hi Paul,

I only have one memory card at the minute (the one that came with the phone) could I use this for a gold card then root and then use then delete the gold card and use it as normal?

Guest RODNiC
@ mklass

I use the goldcard as normal sd card in my HTC Desire. There is no problem with it.

Do you know the best way to check that the GoldCard is working? (before actually trying to Flash the Desire itself really...)

Guest Mklass
@ mklass

I use the goldcard as normal sd card in my HTC Desire. There is no problem with it.

Cheers dude..

So once i create a gold card I can leave it as a gold card and still store my files on there? like my music and pictures?

Guest rhedgehog
Cheers dude..

So once i create a gold card I can leave it as a gold card and still store my files on there? like my music and pictures?

yep, using mine in my hero each day, just so i have it close to hand and don't forget it.

Edited by rhedgehog

Guest Wouter Van Daele

Hi,

I'm new to this rooting thing so forgive my ignorance, but will there be a way to restore the bootloader to the original one? You know, just in case, to ease my mind I can go back anytime...

Edited by Wouter Van Daele

Guest neowl

Just installed a linux virtual disk in anticipation. looking forward to the rooting!

Paul, You were the MAN when it came to the Omnia in the early days, and now it seems you're the MAN once more with the HTC Desire, props to you! :huh:

Guest The Jedi

will any gold card work for this? i got a gold card i was using for my htc magic a couple of months ago and am wondering if i can use it for the desire or do i have to go through the process again.

Thanks in advance