Pulse suddenly stopped to boot up

Guest tayar

Guest tayar

Hi,

I have my Pulse for last couple of months and it was working without any problem.

Today I boot it up but suddenly it is now stuck on T-Mobile logo with a pink animation.

I can boot i in fastboot mode. But don't know what I can I do from here to restore it.

There is no custom ROM / December update are installed.

One more point... When I tried to boot it, the Pulse was connected to the computer via USB cable (don't know if it has something to do with a problem).

Any hint will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Vitaly

Guest le_lutin
Hi,

I have my Pulse for last couple of months and it was working without any problem.

Today I boot it up but suddenly it is now stuck on T-Mobile logo with a pink animation.

I can boot i in fastboot mode. But don't know what I can I do from here to restore it.

There is no custom ROM / December update are installed.

One more point... When I tried to boot it, the Pulse was connected to the computer via USB cable (don't know if it has something to do with a problem).

Any hint will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Vitaly

My phone suddenly went into an infinite reboot loop yesterday. I ended up having to wipe the whole thing. I *think* I could have backed up all the data first though. I could get to a blue boot screen (press volume down and the red (end) button when you power on). I think at this point you can put the phone into a recovery mode.

See here for more details:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...on-your-device/

Guest tayar
My phone suddenly went into an infinite reboot loop yesterday. I ended up having to wipe the whole thing. I *think* I could have backed up all the data first though. I could get to a blue boot screen (press volume down and the red (end) button when you power on). I think at this point you can put the phone into a recovery mode.

See here for more details:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried to install it, but there is no difference. Still can't boot. I don't mind to loose the data (contacts are synchronized and apps I can install again) but how do I get it boot even if I need to wipe it?

Guest feelmychi
Hi,

I tried to install it, but there is no difference. Still can't boot. I don't mind to loose the data (contacts are synchronized and apps I can install again) but how do I get it boot even if I need to wipe it?

Just install the December update by putting the files in the root of your microsd directory, and pushing and holding the end call and volume up buttons when you turn on your pulse.

feelmychi

Guest tayar

Hi,

Is there anyway to access the MicroSD card via Pulse? I don't have a reader for this kind of card :-(

Edited by tayar

Guest Azurren
Hi,

Try installing the Patched Recovery boot image here:

(If using windows you will have to install the PC suite on your PC to get the necessary drivers)

Hold Menu and EndCall Keys on power-on to access the menu after it has been installed

Then try a factory reset from the menu..

If a factory reset doesn't work you could Wipe your phone and install the MoDaCo Custom rom, then you could revert back to stock pulse after you boot (If you really want).

If you didn't install the December Update then you can only install version 1.1 of the Custom rom:

http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...izd3ae3bcbh1gow

Otherwise use version 1.7

The guide to installing a custom rom is in the wiki here: (Near the bottom, skip the steps to partition your SD card)

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Huawei_U8220

Hope something here helps you ;)

Note: After installing a Custom rom / restoring your device it will take almost 5mins to boot for the first time

Edit: Have you tried simply unpluging the device, removing the battery, re-inserting the battery and rebooting?

Edited by Paul

Guest tayar
Try installing the Patched Recovery boot image here:

(If using windows you will have to install the PC suite on your PC to get the necessary drivers)

Hold Menu and EndCall Keys on power-on to access the menu after it has been installed

Then try a factory reset from the menu..

This was first thing I did before even writing here. Unfortunately I don't get any menu so I can't choose factory reset.

If a factory reset doesn't work you could Wipe your phone and install the MoDaCo Custom rom, then you could revert back to stock pulse after you boot (If you really want).

How I can copy files to the SD Card without reader? Can you help me? Meantime I couldn't find an answer in google.

Edit: Have you tried simply unpluging the device, removing the battery, re-inserting the battery and rebooting?

About 15 times ;)

Guest Azurren

Okay, to install the patched recovery boot loader do the following:

1) Turn on your phone and Hold the EndCall (Red) and the Volume down buttons

Your phone should display a blue screen with some white writing, if not take out the battery put it back in and retry

2) Install the PC suite / tools from the disk that came with your phone

If you have done this already skip this step. Download link if you have lost the disk:

http://www.romraid.com/paul/pulse/inboxdvd.zip

3) Plug your phone into your PC via USB (With the blue screen displayed)

Wait for your PC to recognise and install the drivers, if it fails manually point it to where the pc suite installed (C:\Program Files...)

4) Download the following and extract:

http://www.romraid.com/paul/pulse/1.5.2-pu...nrarecovery.zip

5) Run (Double click) "install-recovery-windows.bat"

6) If successful your phone should display an extra line of text. Should say something has been written..

7) Unplug your phone, remove the battery and restart holding the Menu and End Call Buttons (Red)

This will open the Patched recovery image boot loader, if not remove the battery and try again

8) Download MoDaCo custom rom version 1.1 from my previous post, choose the option USB-MS toggle from your phone and plug your phone into your PC

9) Copy the entire .zip file to the root of your SD Card

10) Choose the Wipe option then select the first option and confirm to wipe your phone

11) Choose Flash zip from SD card and select the custom rom.

12) When completed choose reboot now and wait quite a while for your device to boot.

All should be well. I suggest you download the "December Update" and apply it (Option in the settings menu)

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/library/TMOB...th_Userdata.zip

1. Unzip the file U8220V100R001GBRC85B118 SP01 with_Userdata.zip to a location of your choice on your computer
  2. Copy the files you just unzipped (the “dload” folder and all its contents) to the root directory of your MICRO SD card
  3. Insert your MICRO SD card into the handset
  4. On your Pulse, go to the Main menu, then select Settings

5. Within Settings select SD card & phone storage
  6. Scroll down, under the Internal phone storage section select Upgrade
  7. The upgrade process will give you several warnings which you need to confirm to continue
  8. Then press the Upgrade option to begin the update
  9. As the update progresses you will see several screens along with a progress bar
  10. Once complete you will see a confirmation screen, and your Pulse will automatically restart
  11. Once restarted your Pulse will be up to date with the latest software

Hope this helps. If you encounter any problems along the way feel free to post.

Edited by Azurren

Guest brtemp

The same thing happened to me a month ago.. I opted to take it back into t-mobile.... They restored it to original settings - and took 10 days to do so. Not a great option, but something to consider is all else fails...

Guest tayar

Thanks for so detailed answer. Unfortunately I can't progress too much ;) I have done points 1-6 already before. Installation of the image seems to be successful. However point 7

7) Unplug your phone, remove the battery and restart holding the Menu and End Call Buttons (Red)

This will open the Patched recovery image boot loader, if not remove the battery and try again

this is where I fail. It doesn't open Patched recovery image boot loader but goes to what it seems to be normal loader and there it stuck.

Vitaly

Edit. I succeed to invoke patched recovery menu by using fastboot boot recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img. So now I can continue. Will update the post as soon I get any result.

Edited by tayar

Guest tayar
The same thing happened to me a month ago.. I opted to take it back into t-mobile.... They restored it to original settings - and took 10 days to do so. Not a great option, but something to consider is all else fails...

Hi,

Yes this is an option as well. I keep it as a last resort. But on Sunday I fly to vacation and would like to have it working until then. I need it's GPS and some other trip planning things I prepared on the Pulse.

Guest tayar

Hi all.

After managing to boot recovery image (as I mentioned before), I implemented rest of the Azurren's suggestions and all went smooth.

Thank you all for great help!

Thanks

Vitaly

Guest Azurren
Hi all.

After managing to boot recovery image (as I mentioned before), I implemented rest of the Azurren's suggestions and all went smooth.

Thank you all for great help!

Thanks

Vitaly

Glad it worked out for you. If you want to carry on using custom roms I recommend installing the december update then uploading the 1.7 or 1.8 rom then following the steps above (just wipe then flash the new one). However that can wait.

Enjoy your trip ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest edingal

I'm getting as far as step 6 - it says, writing 'recovery' (3858432 bytes) - OKAY

Its been there for bout 15 mins, do I have to wait until the recovery has been written then move on to step 7?

Or can i just move on, i know im sounding stupid but i really have no clue about any of it lol

Edited by edingal

Guest Azurren
I'm getting as far as step 6 - it says, writing 'recovery' (3858432 bytes) - OKAY

Its been there for bout 15 mins, do I have to wait until the recovery has been written then move on to step 7?

Or can i just move on, i know im sounding stupid but i really have no clue about any of it lol

Heh, move to step 7 ;)

Its clear sailing from there on out, just remember the stuff about the december update (you have to install a different custom rom if you didn't install it to if you did)

But you cant really go wrong here ;)

How to tell if you do have the december update: in the blue recovery menu the build date should be november something. If not then you don't have it ;). Remember you have to unplug and remove the battery to exit that menu.

Good luck

Guest edingal

Step 7 won't work for me, I remove battery and re-insert it, try using the menu button and the red button but nothing happens.

Also in the recovery bit my build date is sep 10 2009

Guest Azurren
Step 7 won't work for me, I remove battery and re-insert it, try using the menu button and the red button but nothing happens.

That means you do not have the december update and must install rom 1.1. Opening the patched recovery boot loader can be tricky. Press and hold menu and end as soon as the device turns on and don't be to hasty and think that it hasn't worked. Sometimes it will continue to the android screen then load the boot loader.

Remember only release the menu and end keys when the custom boot loader loader opens.

After reinserting the battery turn it on while holding the menu and end buttons. If that doesn't work after a few tries turn it on then quickly press and hold those buttons.

Hope this helps

Edited by Azurren

Guest tayar

\

Hi,

step 7 didn't work also for me. Instead, I used following command line

fastboot.exe boot recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img

(or fastboot-windows.exe if you use executables from amonrarecovery image)

Vitaly

Guest edingal
That means you do not have the december update and must install rom 1.1. Opening the patched recovery boot loader can be tricky. Press and hold menu and end as soon as the device turns on and don't be to hasty and think that it hasn't worked. Sometimes it will continue to the android screen then load the boot loader.

Remember only release the menu and end keys when the custom boot loader loader opens.

After reinserting the battery turn it on while holding the menu and end buttons. If that doesn't work after a few tries turn it on then quickly press and hold those buttons.

Hope this helps

Still cant get the patched recovery boot loader open, tried for ages but just getting no where lol

Guest edingal
\

Hi,

step 7 didn't work also for me. Instead, I used following command line

fastboot.exe boot recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img

(or fastboot-windows.exe if you use executables from amonrarecovery image)

Vitaly

tried the fastboot-windows.exe but nothing happened, feel like throwing the stupid phone out the the window! lol

Guest tayar
tried the fastboot-windows.exe but nothing happened, feel like throwing the stupid phone out the the window! lol

Did you try

fastboot boot recovery

or

fastboot flash recovery?

Guest edingal
Did you try

fastboot boot recovery

or

fastboot flash recovery?

Dont know, the fastboot-windows.exe file from the 1.5.2-pulse-amonrarecovery zip

Guest Azurren
Dont know, the fastboot-windows.exe file from the 1.5.2-pulse-amonrarecovery zip

I believe that you have to run this while in blue screen. Did you install the pc suite? You need the drivers ;)

Sorry, I'm running out of ideas..

If none of this works hand your phone into a t mobile shop. It will be covered in your warranty but they will wipe your phone

Good luck

Guest edingal
I believe that you have to run this while in blue screen. Did you install the pc suite? You need the drivers ;)

Sorry, I'm running out of ideas..

If none of this works hand your phone into a t mobile shop. It will be covered in your warranty but they will wipe your phone

Good luck

Yep i ran it while on blue screen, still nothing happened though, yep also have the pc suite installed

Thanks for trying i'll give it another go tomorrow and if i still get nowhere i might have to hand it into a shop

Guest Willz

I also have the same problem, it's stuck on the boot screen. I'm not sure what to try. Am I still able to make a backup of my current state? Because it was a while before my previous backup, and I don't wanna lose what I've done since.

EDIT: Okay, I made a backup of my current state, but when I tried to restore it, I got the continuous boot loop thing, so I went back to my last backup in the end. This phone is a bloody nightmare sometimes. :@

Edited by Willz