Free the Bootloader. Is this a probable solution?

Guest MJ2332

Guest MJ2332

Aloha folks,

I'd like to ask a question about a method that an Italian user of Androidiani.com thought in the past few days for free the bootloader of Motorola's Milestone.

As somebody of you probably know, the bl of this device is encrypted with a RSA-2048 key; this user came with a method which involves the use of about a hundred PCs connected together with a cloud computing program such as BOINC.

Of course we also need an algorithm for decrypting those files.

Is that a possible solution and if so are there any volunteers? On that site lots of people already agreed with this idea so we already have some PCs to play with.

P&L

Guest dawabz94
Aloha folks,

I'd like to ask a question about a method that an Italian user of Androidiani.com thought in the past few days for free the bootloader of Motorola's Milestone.

As somebody of you probably know, the bl of this device is encrypted with a RSA-2048 key; this user came with a method which involves the use of about a hundred PCs connected together with a cloud computing program such as BOINC.

Of course we also need an algorithm for decrypting those files.

Is that a possible solution and if so are there any volunteers? On that site lots of people already agreed with this idea so we already have some PCs to play with.

P&L

hi,

I'm ok to help on this also ;)

If it really can bo done ;)

Guest dawabz94
The universe will end sooner you bruteforce 2048-bit key, distributed net or not ;)

Ha ha ha ha !

Broke my hopes ;)

So there is nothing abt it

Milestone is a great device IMHO, moto sucks locking it that way while

Droid users enjoy a bunch of custom kernels

;)

Guest MJ2332
The universe will end sooner you bruteforce 2048-bit key, distributed net or not ;)

Even others came up with this answer...

Cool, guess we have to keep this device as it is.