Smart Keyboard

Guest stevenz

Guest stevenz

Just thought I'd mention an interesting app I found "Smart Keyboard" (or the pay version "Smart Keyboard Pro"). It does a bunch of stuff including surprisingly good speech recognition in the Pro version (presumably it uses Google voice search somehow?). It has a couple of quirks where I prefer the HTC keyboard (the alt-key method is a bit weak) but overall I've found it pretty impressive.

If you're running a vanilla Android ROM (AOSP / non-Sense etc) then it's definately better than stock, but realistcally the HTC one is pretty good. Still, I'd recommend having a look at it, I thought it was pretty cool. The Pro version is about $3 from memory.

Guest grilledmonkey

Agree, smart keyboard is best keyboard, that i found, try many: better keyboard, itouch keyboard from hero, some others....but this is my favorite.

i dont know how, but it easier to type. Has skins and can configure vibration duration on press.

Cost every cent.

Guest stevenz

I can't work out how to get it to learn words other than manually via the settings, anyone know if it can do this somehow? The HTC IME just learns words after you type new ones in when T9 is off I think.

Edit: Right, apparently you need to long-press on the word to save it. Probably not a bad thing instead of it saving mispelt words I guess.

Edited by stevenz