Sim Access Profile

Guest Maxwell Newton

Guest Maxwell Newton

Hello,

I can connect my HD2 to my girlfriends laptop and use it as a hands free device to make and recieve calls (its running windows 7). I have a desktop running windows 7 at home and have connected using bluetooth, however i cant for the life of me work out how to use it as a hands free device with my headset.

One thing i noticed is that it couldnt find a drvier for 'Windows Peripheral Device'...

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Max

Edited by Maxwell Newton

Guest rameses

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to do. Are you connecting the phone to the PC and then using the PC to make a call?

Guest Maxwell Newton
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're trying to do. Are you connecting the phone to the PC and then using the PC to make a call?

Yes exactly...

Guest rameses

ok, so I'm not sure i see the point but i tried it myself and get a similar error with the bluetooth on Windows7 on my laptop. i wasn't surprised as i've always had bother with WinMo phones and bluetooth connections. it's really annoying because the wife's £30 Nokia connects with no problems at all. grrrrr!

Guest Maxwell Newton
ok, so I'm not sure i see the point but i tried it myself and get a similar error with the bluetooth on Windows7 on my laptop. i wasn't surprised as i've always had bother with WinMo phones and bluetooth connections. it's really annoying because the wife's £30 Nokia connects with no problems at all. grrrrr!

The point is:

I spend a lot of time on my phone and in front of the computer working, so to reduce radiation in my head i thought it would be safer to use a wired headset. The reason i want to use the computer for this is because i get limited reception in my home and of course hardly any around my computer, however there is a little hotsopt about 3m away, so i figured i would just sit the phone there and use bluetooth...

Shame you cant get this working either, ill try it again on my girlfriends pc and see if i get the driver error...

Guest rameses

Ah, I see, makes sense when you say it like that ;) .I've reinstalled my BT drivers but the laptop still has a problem with the 'bt peripheral device'.

How about getting a BT headset?

Guest Maxwell Newton

Did think about that, but being a tight student i thought i would have a crack at getting this to work first! Ill see if i can get some answers from xda, thanks for your help on this though!

Max

Guest rameses

I've done some more research and found this guide:

http://nepalesemap.com/windows7_forum/index.php?topic=2.0

I've followed the instructions and even though I still get the yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager I was able to use my laptop as a Blue Tooth handsfree for the HD2.

All I need to do now is work out how to use the laptop to actually dial the number and then hang up when finished.

Guest Maxwell Newton

this looks good but i dont seem to have microsoft corporation in the list. i already have the device centre, but will download it again from the link and see if it adds it in... good find btw, thanks very much!

On the dialing, i know you can do it, i dont know if i mentioned before but i was able to dial on my girlfriends computer.

EDIT: Installing the update gave me the option.. illlet you know if i have any luck!

Edited by Maxwell Newton

Guest Maxwell Newton

okay so its installed but how do i access the options to turn on hands free...

Rameses... how do i activate the hands free in the same way you managed to?

Edited by Maxwell Newton

Guest Maxwell Newton

I got a new laptop and tried doing the bluetooth with it... this time when i attached my device it came up with about 7 different driver things... the one that failed above failed again this time, but the new 3 or 4 were for the phone function. I new window pops up with a box to dial and connect to the phone in all sorts of new ways... how do i get this for my desktop?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rameses

Maxwell, did you ever resolve this? I had some real bother with the BT drivers and have ended up uninstalling them as it appeared to have made my laptop really unstable. Anyway I was determined to crack this and have found another, hopefully better solution.

While looking for a solution I was directed by the Windows Problem Centre thingy to the Lenovo site (no idea why as my laptop is a Dell) and advised to download their BT driver. I've done this and it works brilliantly. It even has a nice user friendly GUI. I can try and send you the driver as I'm not sure of the download URL.

post-53159-1274333723_thumb.png