Audible Player for Android

Guest Nitro Fan

Guest Nitro Fan

I got sick of waiting for an Android compatible player from Audible so I wrote to Audible for a second time asking WHEN we can have Audible on Android and received the following reply from Audible which seems to point the finger straight at Google!

"Dear XXXX,

I'm afraid this is the reply I had for you in March. We are not ignoring the Android market, we are trying to secure compatibility rights now and we hope to have them soon.

Kind Regards

Jemma English

Audible Customer Care"

I am frankly staggered that Audible is struggling to get “compatibility rights” Even so Audible have had TWO YEARS to make an Android player available and I am certain it does NOT take Two years to get “compatibility rights” unless a Google employee would like to tell me otherwise?

Audible’s approach to anything other than iPhone or iPod is frankly appalling they STILL do not have a dedicated Symbian S60V5 player albeit the v3 player does work on v5 after a fashion! But S60v5 came out two years ago!

Either way I am sick of waiting and being treated like a mug punter and have now canceled my Audible account if perhaps enough of us do likewise it might just possibly occur to Audible that they are there to suit the customer rather than themselves?