Liquid stuck in Bootloader mode

Guest nasenbaer2

Guest nasenbaer2

Hi everyone!

after a whole lot of searching in this (quite great) forum I decided to open my own thread as I don't find a solution to my problem:

I had the official Acer 1.6 firmware on my liquid. I followed this description to root the phone. During the flashing progress the Acer download tool suddenly stopped with "Error: Fastboot is failed"

After this the phone won't boot anymore! When I turn it on with the USB-cable plugged in I get:

USB FastBoot: V1.00.05

HW version: V0.4

AMMS version: A1-03.05.02

Machine ID: 10090000 v0

Build Date: Feb 12 2010

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

usb init

Above this message the screen's flickering.

If I turn it on without the USB-cable I get the same message with Power off: No charging and the phone's turned off

I tried the "Camera-Back-Power" thing - and a factory reset..nothing....

Please, can someone help me! I need this phone for work!!

I would appreciate any suggestions on solving my problem!!

Thanks!

Guest liquid_it

Maybe (maybe) you can try flashing the images manually while in bootloader mode.

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash system system.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash data userdata.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

the .img files should be located in a folder called SDCAAPZ placed in acer flashing tool folder.

It looks like the flashing process failed after upgrading radio firmware, so you probably just need to flash the os part of the firmware.

Edited by liquid_it

Guest nasenbaer2
Maybe (maybe) you can try flashing the images manually while in bootloader mode.

the .img files should be located in a folder called SDCAAPZ placed in acer flashing tool folder.

It looks like the flashing process failed after upgrading radio firmware, so you probably just need to flash the os part of the firmware.

Thank you so much for your quick reply!

I'm bit of an android-noob, so I would appreciate a little bit more help :huh: I found the SDCAAPZ folder with the img files. What do I have to do next? Could you please explain it step by step so that a dumb girl like me can followß:P

Thanks!

Guest liquid_it

ok, let's say you don't have any tools or sdk at all.

download the attachment and uncompress it somewhere. tmp.rar

In the same folder put a copy of the .img files you found.

Then open a command prompt and cd to the folder where all this stuff is in and execute the commands I wrote in my first post.

(i.e.: write "fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img", press return. on the Liquid you should see that firmware is being flashed and verified. go on with next line. flashing time depends on img size)

Let us know if it works!

Edited by liquid_it

Guest nasenbaer2

Then open a command prompt and cd to the folder where all this stuff is in and execute the commands I wrote in my first post.

(i.e.: write "fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img", press return. on the Liquid you should see that firmware is being flashed and verified. go on with next line. flashing time depends on img size)

Let us know if it works!

OK - you're officially my alltime hero! (at least until I break my phone again....) I worked as smooth as something can work!!

Thanks a lot!! You saved my day!

Guest liquid_it
OK - you're officially my alltime hero! (at least until I break my phone again....) I worked as smooth as something can work!!

Thanks a lot!! You saved my day!

:huh: :P

Glad to know it worked! Btw, are you on windows 7?

• 4 months later...
Guest munchy_cool

guys the problem is solved.

my win xp pc was running very slow hence fastboot was failing, windows 7 lappy was even slower....usb was being given least preference.

removed useless apps from winxp machine, and used the same ADT tool and the MD5 fail 2.1 rom and voila , it worked perfect.

thanks to all for the help.

I hate MICROSOFT.

Guest Rossonero224
Thank you so much for your quick reply!

I'm bit of an android-noob, so I would appreciate a little bit more help :P I found the SDCAAPZ folder with the img files. What do I have to do next? Could you please explain it step by step so that a dumb girl like me can followß:)

Thanks!

I got the same situation like you. But I can find the the SDCAAPZ folder with the img files. :( Can you share these files with me.

thanks a lot.

Guest munchy_cool
I got the same situation like you. But I can find the the SDCAAPZ folder with the img files. :P Can you share these files with me.

thanks a lot.

the folder wont be created if there is no space on the hard disk in which you have the Download Tool.

Let us know if it works!

Hello, I have the exact problem when I tried to upgrade from 2.1 to the leaked ROM 2.2, now the flashing always stops after the AMSS is done and then the ADT says "not connected", and the screen is flickering.

I tried to follow your instruction but the command says <waiting for device>

(I have the tool and all the img files from the SDCAAPZ folder)

any help, thanks!!!

Updated with image

acerliquid.jpg

Edited by Mr.Big

Hello, I have the exact problem when I tried to upgrade from 2.1 to the leaked ROM 2.2, now the flashing always stops after the AMSS is done and then the ACT says "not connected", and the screen is flickering.

I tried to follow your instruction but the command says <waiting for device>

(I have the tool and all the img files from the SDCAAPZ folder)

any help, thanks!!!

Updated with image

acerliquid.jpg

Looks like device drivers not installed correctly and you might use USB through hub, which is not recommended.

Looks like device drivers not installed correctly and you might use USB through hub, which is not recommended.

The acer driver is installed, I was able to flash many ROMs successfully before the leaked 2.2

The usb is connected directly to the USB port of laptop, no hub is used

The flashing procedure always stops after a few steps.

Looking at screenshot seems like your liquid should be restarting into bootloader mode. Does it restart after produce started? Also what liquid you have - mine is HK and I had eclair emea rom before flash froyo leak.

I solved it by removing the Acer tool and all drivers completely and then reinstalling them, then I was able to complete the flashing procedure, successfully upgraded to 2.2

• 2 years later...
Guest travalo

were can i find this same files