MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shuflie
No it's not normal, I haven't had an update notification ever since I upgraded to r21

Go back and read what he was replying to, it is normal.

Guest mk86

ouuuh.. now the kitchen worked for me.. finally :lol:

does anybody know a good overclocked kernel for mcr r21?!

that would be awesome!!

Guest Michael Perry
so how do i get it to stop popping up to update...im on the latest modaco rom....frf91

I may have found a way to get rid of the OTA updates. Renamed the file otacerts.zip to something else by using adb. Its at /system/etc/security I believe. I have not seen a OTA message since doing this. I'll just patiently wait things out and see if it re-occurs.

Guest snavid

i was reading on xda to bake the rom without installing 2.1 build.prop + Adobe Flash 2.1 Beta , I did that and have yet to see the update come up again..

Guest anthrax132

Hi,

Just my thought, but could it be possible to add more locales as an option to the kitchen?

Or just tell me a way to get them on MCR.

Cause R21 is damn good, but i miss the Belgium locale that is present on CM.

Guest Deathwish238
ouuuh.. now the kitchen worked for me.. finally :lol:

does anybody know a good overclocked kernel for mcr r21?!

that would be awesome!!

Yeah that'ld be nice!

Edit: Flashing Pershoot's Kernel 2.6.35 OC 1.113GHz FroYo XTRA

Edit Edit: The OC Kernel is running very well. Makes this ROM even smoother!

@Paul, I would love to see one of these OCed UVed Kernels available in the Kitchen! Also, it'ld be nice to be able to download MCR through ROM Manager.

Edited by Deathwish238

Guest linuxluver
i was reading on xda to bake the rom without installing 2.1 build.prop + Adobe Flash 2.1 Beta , I did that and have yet to see the update come up again..

I had the FRF85b Modaco-baked ROM without the 2.1 build.prop and my phone tried to update to FRF91 yesterday. If failed on the recovery, of course....but leaving out the 2.1 build.prop (I didn't want it anyway, so just happened to not choose it) made no difference.

I'm going to flash FRF91 now.

Guest linuxluver
so how do i get it to stop popping up to update...im on the latest modaco rom....frf91

Maybe let it try to update....then it fails (custom recovery assumed).....then it doesn't bother you any more.

Guest Deathwish238
Maybe let it try to update....then it fails (custom recovery assumed).....then it doesn't bother you any more.

Rebooting gets rid of the notification.

Guest Tobalou

I have an issue with the last baked MCR 21 :

Symptom :

-Unable to list device with "Adb devices"

-Debugging mode is on but it appear in the notification bar with "format"

So it is not possible to install APK with the command line !

The Usb driver is working normally and I'm able to use adb with MCR19 and other recent rom (FRF 83, 85 and 91) .

I have done a full wipe before flashing this one .

Any idea ? :lol:

Thanks

Guest HomerPSimpson

Guys, do you guys know of a set of APNs for US? I only have one APN for TMO US. and the 3g goes in and out. I heard from someone that if you have multiple APNs then the 3g gets routed around if one APN is out of range. Is that true? I have search quite a bit and a lot of indicate that having multiple APNs solves this problem but no one has these APNs. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Guest yohanevindra

I saw in a few previous posts that some have got the battery percentage working.must try that out.does anyone know how to get the H indicator like it does in CM?

Guest yohanevindra

I saw in a few previous posts that some have got the battery percentage working.must try that out.does anyone know how to get the H indicator like it does in CM?

Guest nighting73

Is it normal with the new radio rom that my phone akku now are empty in only one day? wich radi oist the best? and where i can get them?

Guest 4runnin1285
I have an issue with the last baked MCR 21 :

Symptom :

-Unable to list device with "Adb devices"

-Debugging mode is on but it appear in the notification bar with "format"

So it is not possible to install APK with the command line !

The Usb driver is working normally and I'm able to use adb with MCR19 and other recent rom (FRF 83, 85 and 91) .

I have done a full wipe before flashing this one .

Any idea ? :lol:

Thanks

does the adb recognize your device?

also, try the command "adb remount" and then try to flash the file.

Guest Tobalou
does the adb recognize your device?

also, try the command "adb remount" and then try to flash the file.

Adb Devices is not listing my N1

Adb remount is not working because it cannot find the device (service mouting and error message in the end "device not found") but I am really rooted on the phone (TB is fonctionning normally with root access) .

Everything is fine with MCR19 so it seems it is a newer rom issue ...

Thanks for your reply :lol:

Guest kareem613

For the last couple of revisions, the gmail app has been acting funny. The little "loading conversations" text never goes away and it only loads the first few emails in my inbox. It doesn't seem to be able to load any emails in any labels either.

Is anyone else experiencing this?