MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Deathwish238

Beautiful Widgets are working, but widgets have to be installed on to the phone partition and not the sdcard.

Overclocking doesn't drain the battery even faster?

It undervolts at anything but 1.113 GHz, so unless your phone is running full cpu all the time you will save battery.

Guest B.O.F.H.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but the Kitchen is behaving oddly again.

Two builds, identical options, one day apart.

Yesterday, I deselected all the "Social" apps as I normally do (Twitter, Facebook, AmazonMP3) and added APP2SD+ as the _only_ changes from the default selections.

ROM built, but on install, Wavesecure was missing.

Looked in the .ZIP, and indeed, no Wavesecure APK.

Sometimes this happens, so I waited a day and tried again.

Today, same options, but a bigger ROM. I unzipped to check and what do you know, there's Facebook and Twitter APK's, but no Wavesecure.

Is there a randomizer on the Kitchen that I'm unaware of? If so, can I perform some sort of black magic to turn it off so that my builds have only what I want?

There is so much good work going into building these custom ROM's that I hate to see these issues cause frustration for the few of us who haven't figured out whether to use the black handled knife under the full moon or the white handled knife under the new moon when sacrificing potatoes to the build deities...

Guest Paul

I've not had any other reports of that issue B.O.F.H. - I've just checked the kitchen and i'm 101% sure that wavesecure, Twitter and Facebook are all configured in the kitchen back end correctly.

I've cleared the cache and rebuilt a few links, see if that helps...

P

Guest navahoo
Beautiful Widgets are working, but widgets have to be installed on to the phone partition and not the sdcard.

never installed it to sd.

tried a lot of things - reinstallation, clearing data, set shortcut manually, another launcher, reflashing r21 -

but still not working!??!

Guest oohyeah
anyone got any problems with flashing a rom with A2SD?

I get a bootloop?

I just tried the version with a2sd and after flashing it i'm also stuck on booting with the Google's "X" screen repeating non-stop...

Help please!

I was previously on FRF50, and before this, I had partitioned my sdcard with ext4 1Gb partition, if that matters.

Hm I remember seeing others mention this, and I can confirm - Twitter for Android doesn't sync contact data at all anymore. Not sure if this happened before r21, as I mostly use Touiteur lol.

Anyone else having an issue with Google Buzz, too? Seems I can never get an updated timeline, either of hte people I follow or of the "nearby". It happened once in a while back in Éclair, but now seems to happen every time with Froyo.

sns

Trackball Alert works only with Gmail Notifications, Phone and SMS/MMS Alert doesnt work, after update to r21.

I had to reinstall Trackball Alert.

Guest applejosh
I just tried the version with a2sd and after flashing it i'm also stuck on booting with the Google's "X" screen repeating non-stop...

Help please!

I was previously on FRF50, and before this, I had partitioned my sdcard with ext4 1Gb partition, if that matters.

I had this as well. (I was on CM5.0.8 previously, but I wiped the SD card prior.) I had to to wipe the sdcard ext partition, repair the ext partition, convert to ext3 then ext4, and I also flashed a kernel in there. I also did a factory reset via recovery. So, in order, I did this (after of course making sure I had a nandroid backup of everything for my prior working config).

1. wipe data partition

2. wipe cache / Dalvik

3. wipe sd card

4. repair sd partition

5. convert to ext3

6. convert to ext4

7. flash r21 with a2sd

8. flash kernel (I've used pershoot's and wildmonk's successfully)

9. reboot

10. offer a sacrifice to the android gods

I got it up and running after that, and I was able to restore from Titanium backup so I did't have to reconfigure much more.

Hope that helps.

Guest TK-Jimmy
I had to reinstall Trackball Alert.

I have also done this, but no effect. Deinstalling Trackball Alert, Restart Phone, Install Trackball Alert from Market.

Test Notification in the App works fine, but after missed call or receives sms the trackball LED blinks slowly withe (equal standard stock rom)

Anybody an idea?

Thanks!

Jimmy

Guest Cyberdelia

What version of trackball are you using? I have the 1.0.3 Pro, and it works, even when it says DEACTIVATED.. but I can't change the Twidroid for the Twitter official app

Guest waterc00l
Damn! I was hoping TrackballWake was gonna be included in a pre-bake. I guess not. Oh well.

look at xda, tb wake is just flashing one file via recovery, done in less than one minute...

Guest soundwave1

Has anybody else noticed that when tapping a received SMS from the window shade that it takes you to the messaging list, instead of the actual conversation thread?

R19 was fine, then R20 started going to the list, R21 does the same.

Pain in the ass as it takes two taps to get to a message....yes the 1 extra step annoys me.

Just me or is this how the latest builds roll?

Has anybody else noticed that when tapping a received SMS from the window shade that it takes you to the messaging list, instead of the actual conversation thread?

R19 was fine, then R20 started going to the list, R21 does the same.

Pain in the ass as it takes two taps to get to a message....yes the 1 extra step annoys me.

Just me or is this how the latest builds roll?

Didn'T do that to me, even before I switched to Handcent. Still doesn'T do it after switching to Handcent.

Guest soundwave1
Didn'T do that to me, even before I switched to Handcent. Still doesn'T do it after switching to Handcent.

Mmmmmm so wierd, i just use the stock app cus i dont like handcent or chomp.

Well i guess ill just carry on until it annoys the hell out of me.

Thanks.

Guest Formel-LMS
Mmmmmm so wierd, i just use the stock app cus i dont like handcent or chomp.

Well i guess ill just carry on until it annoys the hell out of me.

Thanks.

Yes, here too with the stock app.

Guest soundwave1
Yes, here too with the stock app.

as in you like the stop app or it takes you to the message list as opposed to the convo thread?

Guest mardox

for some reason trackball alert (free) does not work all that well with this rom , it works flawlessly for sms but when trying to sett missed call notification it wont blink anything other than white even if set to another color.

Guest Formel-LMS

Hm, it seems to make problems on some phones. Here is everything fine with Trackball Alert.

Do you try to uninstall/reinstall this app?

Guest jimborae

Can we have a R21 version without WaveSecure prebaked into it. I downloaded the version without modaco additions and the bugger is still in there. :)

Guest Chicaned
Can we have a R21 version without WaveSecure prebaked into it. I downloaded the version without modaco additions and the bugger is still in there. :D

Show Paul the money and you can do whatever you like :)