Video settings ?

Guest trickyhenry

Guest trickyhenry

Hi has anyone got video on the dell streak running? I have tried handbreak and a couple of profiles for mp4 but nothing seems to play. Not exactly sure what im doing so if someone could point me in the right direction with handbreak settings?

Guest courtlandre
Hi has anyone got video on the dell streak running? I have tried handbreak and a couple of profiles for mp4 but nothing seems to play. Not exactly sure what im doing so if someone could point me in the right direction with handbreak settings?

I was just using iPhone default settings and the videos worked fine, but I wasn't using handbrake. Are you trying to encode 720P? According to engadget, anything under 7mbps would play fine. I am trying out handbrake now and will report how it works.

Edit: Just converted a couple AVI files to MP4 using handbrake and standard iphone settings, plays great. ~24 minute clip is just under 100 meg.

Edited by courtlandre

Guest Dogmann55

Hi trickyhenry,

Well i have just bought Movavi Video Suite 8.0 as that was my preferred conversion software before when i needed one and is easy to set up a custom profile and batch convert files whilst i sleep. I have only just started playing around with it last night and so far converted a SmallVille and CSI Miami episode and set up a custom profile of

Video Format MPEG4 Video

Width 800

Height 480

Frame Rate 25

Audi Format AAC

Sample Rate 44100

Stereo

The playback is nothing short of stunning IMO although on these settings what was a 349mb DivX Avi is now a 768mb MP4 and that's for a 41 minute recording, i did try a 720p conversion but had no sound and the file was massive so have decided i really can't see the point of encoding to 720p. The quality with the settings i am using are producing great results so although i will experiment a bit more that's what i am sticking to for now hope that's of some help.

Marc

Guest courtlandre

Just converted some vids using different settings up to 720p and all the videos played great with no stutter or lag. I am using the iPhone profile in handbrake and just changing the resolution. Everything else is just standard.

• 5 years later...
Guest arronlee

Hi, trickyhenry.

Thanks for sharing your problem. Have you ever worked it out? I wonder whether you have any exprience about pdf conversion process. Because there is something wrong with my pdf reader. I need convert pdf  to text or other formats. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.   

Best regards,

Lee