[Live Wallpaper] Advanced Map (BETA)

Guest davidhorn

Guest davidhorn

I'm pleased to announce the release of the Advanced Map Live Wallpaper, which allows you to show your position on a variety of maps on the homescreen.

screen1.jpg screen2.jpg screen3.jpg screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg screen6.jpg screen7.jpg screen8.jpg

screen9.jpg screen10.jpg screen11.jpg

Features:

* Wide selection of maps (Ordnance Survey, Google, Satellite, Terrain, Bing, OpenStreetMap, USA VFR and IFR charts...)

* Battery friendly - it uses network locations and shuts down whenever the homescreen isn't visible.

* Data friendly - aggressive caching means that you should only need to download a map tile once.

* Variable zoom on all maps

* Accuracy circle (can be switched off)

It's partly based on my original OS Map application, and draws on code from the open-sourced Rmaps2 and the AndNav library. Consequently, this application is also open-source, with the source available as soon as I've figured out how to use the Google Code repository (or you have have it as a ZIP file by email).

Notes:

This is a BETA release. I'd appreciate it if you could post any problems in this thread instead of leaving a low rating on the app. Ordnance Survey maps won't work outside the UK.

Right now, if you turn GPS on, you may need to select another wallpaper before it'll turn off again. You might also need to turn "Refresh Position" on in the settings page, which will be fixed in the next update.

Finally, I apologise to whoever's house is in the screenshots since I picked a location at random!

qrcode.png