MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hally83
i have it on other roms also ( Open desire 1.4a )

I only put that becuase people were asking. Any Froyo rom not installed on a Nexus 1 will have the echo problem at the moment.

Guest jeckyllhavok

Which files are needed from richardtrips latest rom to enable 800x480video recording in r21?

Or is it already included?

Thanks

Guest djshadow666

just updated to r21 and my gyro/orientation sensor no longer works. im gonna wipe and do a fresh install which should probably fix it

Guest cheffe

When you put in headphone icon in bar doesn´t appear.

I know the icon is a HTC mod but is their no way to solve the problem?

Edited by cheffe

Guest mariiiuusss

Paul, can you please fix the H icon for HSDPA? It's annoying... now I'm using OpenDesire just for that icon, until you fix it.

Thanks!

PS: Please don't forget about the Reboot option in the shutdown menu. Rebooting the phone from Spare Parts sucks!!

PS2 (off-topic): When we will be able to format the ext partition from recovery? Because it keeps all the apps in there. And when I bake a new ROM without some of the old apps I had, they are still there, because AP2SD moves them there... :|

Guest FatherD
When you put in headphone icon in bar doesn´t appear.

I know the icon is a HTC mod but is their no way to solve the problem?

Yep .. same here with the headphone icon, but I'm not too bothered by it. Call echo: a bit strange; it seemed to be present when I made a call after I first flashed the Rom, then I played with the volumes a bit and the echo has not surfaced since according to 3 callers on different line types!!

Battery might be a concern! I have 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 radio which I flashed when the phone was on a 2.1 Rom, will be testing today under normal conditions (calls/internet/sms) but I already think that the battery life is not as good!

UPDATE: fully charged first thing this morning. around 10 phone calls, countless texts and 2 instances of Internet and google maps for around 15-20 mins, battery life at 11.30pm has dropped to 49% not too bad for the Desire me thinks!

Edited by FatherD

Guest saisquare

Paul, May you put OC kernel as an option? Coz i cannot find any OC kernel compatible with MCR r21 available. (Maybe there is, but i am really a n00b)...

Guest dee163

NEWBIE QUESTION.

A2SD is installed in R21?

If so,

I want to use a new sd card , if i format it with manuallly will it work with the phone??????

/Also do you have a guide to manually partition a sd card for a2sd?

Can anyone help

-- Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

I used fake flash and rooted the phone

Tried to load R21 bake rom and this is the error

I AM A NEWBIE PLEASE HELP WITH ABOVE QUESTIONS

Edited by dee163

Guest sporkguy

I'm having major stability issues with the browser FC'ing constantly, with only a few exceptions. Having to use Opera Mini for the time being

Guest dee163

GREAT SITE AND FORUM.

finally resolved most of my issues with R21 with a2SD

Has anyone else experience this problem.

I downloaded cloclworkmod app and installed r21 with a2sd+ , I tried installing Google Sky to SD and when installing the phone resets.

Any suggestions

Guest solarnz
Push to phone.

Did anyone get it to work. could this be limited to N1. I tried but did not work.

Works for me using the "Send to Phone" extension in firefox and the "Chrome to phone" application on the phone.

Guest nollie

I can say on my Desire that Chrome to Phone is working fine. Just wish there was a fix for the annoying green bar along the top of streamed videos.

Guest andypotts

Just a little niggle...I put R21 on last night and have noticed an issue with videos on youtube.

I have gone back to the previous Desire rom and it plays there fine.

The colours are sort of not overlaying eeach other properly.

Dunno if anyone can replicate it, the video I was playing was the first in the list if you search for "alphablocks" (not for me, my 18 month old son loves these type of programmes!!!)

Thanks...

Guest ourfear
Just a little niggle...I put R21 on last night and have noticed an issue with videos on youtube.

I have gone back to the previous Desire rom and it plays there fine.

The colours are sort of not overlaying eeach other properly.

Dunno if anyone can replicate it, the video I was playing was the first in the list if you search for "alphablocks" (not for me, my 18 month old son loves these type of programmes!!!)

Thanks...

i got same problem.. all mp4 movie play well on mcr3.1, but on r20, r21, bad color quality

Guest medomedo
Works for me using the "Send to Phone" extension in firefox and the "Chrome to phone" application on the phone.

Thanks for sharing, I installed the app on my phone and registered my device. I use FF on Mac Snow Leopard with the add-on "push to phone" v. 0.8. When I click on the icon in the browser it pops up a dialoge (attached) with email and passwd. I insert my gmail account information but it says "The data isn't correct". Am I missing somthin? Thanks!

post-708251-1278230535_thumb.png

Guest solarnz
Thanks for sharing, I installed the app on my phone and registered my device. I use FF on Mac Snow Leopard with the add-on "push to phone" v. 0.8. When I click on the icon in the browser it pops up a dialoge (attached) with email and passwd. I insert my gmail account information but it says "The data isn't correct". Am I missing somthin? Thanks!

Strange, it works fine for me. I just logged out and logged back in using my gmail account and it still works fine. (Also using Send to phone 0.8)

Guest Franzosich

Hello all, I want first thanks paul for doing this and all the tuto, exceptional, i'm very happy and my desire too :D

FroYo changes a lot of things, I like it, and the fix from the forum are great...

I dunno if you want it, but i'll give you few feedback from the R20 (waiting for the R21)

1) I need to reboot twice my phone after the install to use the trackball

2) Sometimes, the led stuck, after reading a message or mail or tweet... Dunno why

3) We can't shut up the camera sound ?

4) I can't add my facebook account in the sync settings... Strange

5) (but not sure) I think when I push the autosync setting (both wifi and 3G), the mobile doesn't do it (I don't have the sync icon, and the mail and tweet doens't download)

6) Can we unistall Wavesecure on the mobile ? (Before the install)

Nothing negatif, the rom is ******* great fast and all the stuff ! I don't regret sense !

I wish I could help :lol:

Thanks and keep going !