Reply from O2

Guest stuliv12

Guest stuliv12

I received a reply to my complaint about the Strek not being unlocked etc from when i bought it outright, i had a lengthy e-mail, the only piece of news that was of interest was:

As the Dell Streak is a phone that’s exclusive to o2, we’re unable to unlatch your handset during this exclusivity period. If/when this phone becomes available through other service providers; we’ll then be able to unlock your phone for you.

I have replied, pointing out Dell are releasing it themselves next month, and isnt so far fetched to assume it would be unlocked. Therefore i could take mine back and o2 lose my custom entirely.

Guest Arthur_Daily

interesting.. im currently gathering funds to get myself a streak, but being halfway into an 18 month contract

my only option is £399 Pay-As-U-Go or indeed outright sale like you did.

But tell me, as yours is locked to o2 anyways, whats the price did you pay?

Guest Arthur_Daily
I bought mine from CPW thinking it was goin g to be unlocked for £429, deciding what to do next.

well i see o2 got it up for £399 on pay-as-u-go, but no doubt the store will 'insist' on a £10 topup.

pointless for me as ill simply slap my contract sim in it anyway.

but even so if thats the case your only £20 over the o2 price.

also bare in mind if i got it on o2 pay-as-u-go, they wouldn't offer me the free unlock when dell sell the device direct

or when o2's exclusive deal ends.

unless someone out there knows if o2 demand a compulsory topup and how much?

you may not be that much out of pocket my friend.

but i feel your pain, if you pay for a handset as 'sim free' then it should be just that..

a handset without a contract or provider branding and not locked to a service provider.

or else whats the extra £££ unsubsidised price you paid for exactly?

for dam sure CPW cant unlock it, and dell cant, hell there isnt even an unbranded rom out there as far as i know.

i dunno man, it all depends on how fussed you are about the branding and or the lock.

Edited by Arthur_Daily

Guest stuliv12

if not lets hope paul will work on getting the generic rom.

cheers for the reply peeps. ill hold on for now, sure rebelsim might find a better solution.

Guest hdbueller
Presumably Streaks from Dell will also be locked to O2?

As I understand it, Dell will be selling it unlocked when they start selling them themselves......

Guest Arthur_Daily
As I understand it, Dell will be selling it unlocked when they start selling them themselves......

if true, that would mark the end date of o2's exclusive period ;) good news

Guest SgtDavePwnage
you know if you buy your phone from mobiles.co.uk the dell streakis open to all networks

Where does it say that?

I highly doubt they are unlocked

Guest pug11111

i have had quite a few phone from mobile.co.uk and when i got them they were unlocked to any network i knew other people same phones theres were locked to one network those was htc desire htc hd2

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

As we all know 02 have a UK exclusive on the Dell Streak and there are no unlocked Streaks out yet and we won't know if the Dell UK Streaks are going to be unlocked until they start selling them on their website all we do know is that when Dell launch them in the US they will be selling them unlocked. Isn't that Mobiles.co.uk owned by the CPW who also usually sell all their phones unlocked to because if so CPW as we know are not selling unlocked Streaks at this time as we have been told there are no unlocked Streaks in the UK so don't see how suddenly Mobiles .co.uk would have some.

Has anyone else noticed just how much some people are selling streaks for on E-Bay it's quite amazing really i don't gte why anyone would pay so much over the odds for one.

Marc

Guest AndyCr15
Has anyone else noticed just how much some people are selling streaks for on E-Bay it's quite amazing really i don't gte why anyone would pay so much over the odds for one.

They're going for more than £400? I have one, but will return it. Am I better to sell it on eBay???