Make your own themes [Theme Dark Pulse V1.0 - 14/07/2010]

Guest ogiogi

Guest ogiogi

You can change the look of any ROM and application by editing the framework. Here are some pointers on how to do it under Windows.

ROM framework

First you'll need to get the framework. For the best compatibility get the framework from the ROM you are using. So either install some root explorer on your device go to /system/framework and copy framework-res.apk to SD and then to PC, or if you are using a custom ROM open the update.zip (or whatever name it is ;) ) /system/framework and copy framework-res.apk to a folder on your PC.

Next you need to open the framework-res.apk and extract its contents. This works best with WinRAR, but feel free to use any archiver you like. Apk's are basically .zip like files.

Right click framework-res.apk select open with and then WinRAR. open the res folder and extract the drawable and drawable-mdpi folders to a new folder.

drawable-mdpi contains all the graphics of the ROM. PNG files that you can edit or just replace with PNG's from another framework. After editing open framework-res.apk and put the edited drawable-mdpi folder back in the res folder. Make sure add and replace files and normal compression is selected.

Editing .9.png's

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=487001

The drawable folder contains xml files. The xml's we need are the ones responsible for the progress bars

File List:

progress_horizontal.xml
progress_indeterminate_horizontal.xml
progress_large.xml
progress_large_white.xml
progress_medium.xml
progress_medium_white.xml
progress_small.xml
progress_small_titlebar.xml
progress_small_white.xml[/codebox]

What i have learned is that progress_horizontal.xml contains the color information of progress bars and you can HEX edit the file to get whatever color you like. Just replace these files with ones from another framework you like cause editing is a pain to do. After editing open framework-res.apk and put the edited drawable folder back in the res folder. Make sure add and replace files and normal compression is selected.

[b][size=3]Editing progress_horizontal.xml:[/size][/b] http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...bar-colors.html

[color=#FF0000]NOTE: In Android 1.5 framework the PNG's and XML's are in the same folder [b]drawable[/b].[/color]

[size=3][b]Changing the Notification bar text and clock color[/b][/size]

[size=2]Method 1[/size]: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...html#post279084

[size=2]Method 2[/size]: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=549309

Finally you need to make a signed flashable zip file.

Download update.zip and Auto_Sign.rar. Extract Auto_Sign.rar and put update.zip in the Auto Sign folder. Open update.zip and put your edited framework-res.apk in the framework folder. Close the zip and open auto-sign.exe. Select update.zip from the drop down menu and click auto_sign. A new zip is created called update_signed.zip. And that is it. You can rename the zip and flash it in recovery.

[b][size=3]There are some issues with pop-ups when theming Huawei's vanilla ROM's[/size][/b]

To fix the pop-ups you need to edit the [b]build.prop.

[/b]

Open [b]build.prop[/b]. Go to [b]ro.config.PopupTwink=true[/b] and change it to [b]ro.config.PopupTwink=false[/b].

[size=2][b]Files:[/b][/size]

[b]update.zip[/b]

[b]Auto_Sign.rar[/b]

[size=2][b]App created by BigBearMDC for editing frameworks[/b][/size] AnDE

[b]Themes you can modify[/b]: [size=2][b]HERE[/b][/size]

[color=#FF0000][b]NANDROID BACKUP ALWAYS[/b][/color]

Edited by ogiogi

Guest potter97
You can change the look of any ROM and application by editing the framework. Here are some pointers on how to do it under Windows.

ROM framework

First you'll need to get the framework. For the best compatibility get the framework from the ROM you are using. So either install some root explorer on your device go to /system/framework and copy framework-res.apk to SD and then to PC, or if you are using a custom ROM open the update.zip (or whatever name it is ;) ) /system/framework and copy framework-res.apk to a folder on your PC.

Next you need to open the framework-res.apk and extract its contents. This works best with WinRAR, but feel free to use any archiver you like. Apk's are basically .zip like files.

Right click framework-res.apk select open with and then WinRAR. open the res folder and extract the drawable and drawable-mdpi folders to a new folder.

drawable-mdpi contains all the graphics of the ROM. PNG files that you can edit or just replace with PNG's from another framework. After editing open framework-res.apk and put the edited drawable-mdpi folder back in the res folder. Make sure add and replace files and normal compression is selected.

drawable folder contains xml files. The xml's we need are the ones responsible for the progress bars

File List:

progress_horizontal.xml
progress_indeterminate_horizontal.xml
progress_large.xml
progress_large_white.xml
progress_medium.xml
progress_medium_white.xml
progress_small.xml
progress_small_titlebar.xml
progress_small_white.xml[/codebox]

What i have learned is that progress_horizontal.xml contains the color information of progress bars and you can HEX edit the file to get whatever color you like. Just replace these files with ones from another framework you like cause editing is a pain to do. After editing open framework-res.apk and put the edited drawable folder back in the res folder. Make sure add and replace files and normal compression is selected.

[b][size=3]Editing progress_horizontal.xml:[/size][/b] http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...bar-colors.html

Finally you need to make a signed flashable zip file.

Download update.zip and Auto_Sign.rar. Extract Auto_Sign.rar and put update.zip in the Auto Sign folder. Open update.zip and put your edited framework-res.apk in the framework folder. Close the zip and open auto-sign.exe. Select update.zip from the drop down menu and click auto_sign. A new zip is created called update_signed.zip. And that is it. You can rename the zip and flash it in recovery.

update.zip

Auto_Sign.rar

I don't own a pulse but came across your thread and wanted to give you a +10.

Very nice post :(

Guest Fusion0306

Very nice post ;)

How do I change the notification bar? What's the file(s) for it? And how about the settings menu color?

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest ogiogi

Very nice post ;)

THX :(

Might I add *this*

:)

I know there are tools :D. Just wanted to explain the process of modifying the framework.

Added a link to your app in the first post ;)

Guest ogiogi
How do I change the notification bar? What's the file(s) for it? And how about the settings menu color?

PNG's in drawable-mdpi beginning with stat. Just for the bar statusbar_background.png and statusbar_background.9.png.

Do you want to change the color of system settings menu?

Guest ozren
PNG's in drawable-mdpi beginning with stat. Just for the bar statusbar_background.png and statusbar_background.9.png.

Do you want to change the color of system settings menu?

HI, I would like to know how to change a backround of settings menu and messaging app (conversation list) back to white after I apply some framework with black notification bar. My problem is that I use fibble rom beta 4 and after I apply a framework with circular batery... I have a black clock in notification bar (a known bug in fibble rom). I got arround that with changing ro.config.hw_customizeType=01 to 02, but then backround in settings, phonebook, messaging app is black instead of white. Is there a solution for that. It is perfectly functional but I would like it to be white if possible!

Guest ogiogi
HI, I would like to know how to change a backround of settings menu and messaging app (conversation list) back to white after I apply some framework with black notification bar. My problem is that I use fibble rom beta 4 and after I apply a framework with circular batery... I have a black clock in notification bar (a known bug in fibble rom). I got arround that with changing ro.config.hw_customizeType=01 to 02, but then backround in settings, phonebook, messaging app is black instead of white. Is there a solution for that. It is perfectly functional but I would like it to be white if possible!

This is how ;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=549309

Guest ogiogi
Not happening ;) I thought that it would be easier :( Guess there's no white menu for me :)

(tried every rom on this forum - for pulse, but wip works best for me, and it has black menu and sms background)

I'm searching for a easier method but no luck so far. Posted another link in the first post that seams to be easier to do. There is an app in latest cyanogen mods called Spare Parts that changes the color but i think that only works on cyanogen ROM's.

Guest Fusion0306

Which file should be changed in order to change this? (I don't want it to be that dark)

post-688453-1277213185_thumb.png

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest ogiogi
Are you mad?!!? I mean, just, damn. That scared me as soon as I saw services.jar...

;) :( :) :D ;) ;) :D :( That was my reaction too

Edited by ogiogi

Guest DanWilson
;) :( :) :D ;) ;) :D :( That was my reaction too

I relate to all, and all laugh at me cos I'm damn funny!

:P

I didn't know you could use that many smily dudes, I mean, I'll need to try it! Just wait for my next great post!

Guest BigBearMDC
I relate to all, and all laugh at me cos I'm damn funny!

:(

I didn't know you could use that many smily dudes, I mean, I'll need to try it! Just wait for my next great post!

Well that is simple ... I'll write short tool that does that (for windows users ;)).

Guest ogiogi
Well that is simple ... I'll write short tool that does that (for windows users ;)).

That's great Bobo. Will help a lot with theme compatibility.

Guest BigBearMDC
That's great Bobo. Will help a lot with theme compatibility.

Yap, but I have to say I hate writing applications that depend on other software ... this is always a source of errors.

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest DanWilson
Well that is simple ... I'll write short tool that does that (for windows users :)).

Did you really mean to quote me Bobo? I mean, who needs a tool to laugh at others?

And - only for Windows users? Imagine making me reboot to use a tool made by you! Terrible, just, terrible.

;) :D :( ;) :( :P B) :D ;) I made a promise!

Guest BigBearMDC
Did you really mean to quote me Bobo? I mean, who needs a tool to laugh at others?

And - only for Windows users? Imagine making me reboot to use a tool made by you! Terrible, just, terrible.

:D :( :P ;) :( B) ;) I made a promise!

Lets make it this way.

Once it's finished I'll upload the C# source, it should be no problem for you to port it to Java then ;)

I'll do the same with the AnDE source, once I manage to make it looking like a real DEV and not a b00n has written it :D

And yeah I indeed wanted to quote you.

I already got used to it ... :)

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest TheBrownBottle

I tried doing the process on the OP but I always end up in a boot loop. I tried installing as a Rom and also via adb. I signed the apk. In WinRAR do you use normal compression? I`m on 1.5, is that the problem?

Guest ogiogi
I tried doing the process on the OP but I always end up in a boot loop. I tried installing as a Rom and also via adb. I signed the apk. In WinRAR do you use normal compression? I`m on 1.5, is that the problem?

Did you replace files in the framework from files from another or you edited them your self.