The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide

Guest Azurren

Guest Evil Panda
It sounds like something went wrong at Step 5:

Open the "install-recovery-windows.bat" (Windows) or the "install-recovery-mac.sh" (Mac) or the "install-recovery-linux.sh" (Linux)

This will open and close very quickly. There is no visible indication that anything has happened on either the computer or the phone. If you get a "waiting for device" or an error refer to the FAQ [here]

Did the BAT file complete and close itself without giving any error? It could be a driver problem.

Ah I see, it didn't install the recovery. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Evil Panda

Guest Evil Panda

Thank you for your help and with a great guide, not sure if this is best place to ask but there a problem download stuff on the market. It keep on saying Starting download but nothing downloading, don't think if I did something wrong in the appstosd part.

Guest Azurren
Thank you for your help and with a great guide, not sure if this is best place to ask but there a problem download stuff on the market. It keep on saying Starting download but nothing downloading, don't think if I did something wrong in the appstosd part.

Actually I'm glad you posted this because I just installed FLB mod (After finished playing with official UK 2.1) and I have the exact same problem..

So... No point in re flashing FLB mod.. Maybe an issue with the market, or more likely FLB mod.

Stay tuned, lets see if anyone else has this issue

Actually I'm glad you posted this because I just installed FLB mod (After finished playing with official UK 2.1) and I have the exact same problem..

So... No point in re flashing FLB mod.. Maybe an issue with the market, or more likely FLB mod.

Stay tuned, lets see if anyone else has this issue

You're not alone in the dark. Not only you, Evil Panda, and me, nor even a couple of a few more people (i read in other threads) is also experiencing the same prob.

But i found some solutions that will do the trick, and it's random which one works:

1. Restart your Pulse.

2. Exit Market, and re-enter it again, and go into your Downloads section, and click on the file that you're currently downloading, and the download will miraculously start.

3. Disconnect and reconnect WiFi.

Any of the above 3 steps can be done in combination. I know it's a weird, but nonetheless small problem :D

Guest Malikatun
I would like to break the guide into more sections but would that help or confuse newbies?

I tried to keep it in steps so that if and when people get stuck they can point to the exact step which confused them.

If it were broken into multiple guides for different steps then it would get a lot harder for people to follow and for people to help them :D

Just registered to say thank you :D I followed the steps of this fab guide and although I have never done anything like it (except for installing the Hungarian upgrade when it was published), and English is not my first language, everything was easily understandable and worked brilliantly! I was really hesitant but am so glad I tried it, no force close issues so far, and no more "your phone is low on internal memory" messages ;)

Guest Azurren
Just registered to say thank you :D I followed the steps of this fab guide and although I have never done anything like it (except for installing the Hungarian upgrade when it was published), and English is not my first language, everything was easily understandable and worked brilliantly! I was really hesitant but am so glad I tried it, no force close issues so far, and no more "your phone is low on internal memory" messages ;)

I'm really glad it help you :D

krfan thanks but still no luck :D

Edited by Azurren

Guest Evil Panda

Thank you for the topic to fix the market, but how can you tell if the AppsToSD is working? From the look of thing when intstalling, it's it taking the internal memory space, does that mean I don't the AppsToSD part on the guide wrong?

Guest Azurren
Thank you for the topic to fix the market, but how can you tell if the AppsToSD is working? From the look of thing when intstalling, it's it taking the internal memory space, does that mean I don't the AppsToSD part on the guide wrong?

The reported space when using apps2sd is wrong :D

However if you haven't moved the Cache to the SD card then you will slowly run out of space (As the cache is stored in the phones memory by default)

If you have a fast (Class 6+) Micro SD card then you can move the cache to the SD. If you have a slower SD card then it will be slow, laggy and unstable :D

Guest DanWilson
The reported space when using apps2sd is wrong :D

However if you haven't moved the Cache to the SD card then you will slowly run out of space (As the cache is stored in the phones memory by default)

If you have a fast (Class 6+) Micro SD card then you can move the cache to the SD. If you have a slower SD card then it will be slow, laggy and unstable :D

You should have a section for using A2SD. As in installing (if using a stock ROM), moving cache to SD, checking A2SD, moving apps back to the phone. Just in case.

Guest Azurren
You should have a section for using A2SD. As in installing (if using a stock ROM), moving cache to SD, checking A2SD, moving apps back to the phone. Just in case.

I'll look into adding this to the Apps2sd section :D

Guest Rumcájsz

Hi Azurren!

I found a dead link in "Installing the Official 2.1 Update"

Here:

Also please refer to the previous warning:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile-pulse-pulse-modaco-com/311809/the-ultimate-pulse-owners-guide/&view=findpost&p=1318834
I think this is the correct link:
http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile-pulse-pulse-modaco-com/311809/the-ultimate-pulse-owners-guide/#entry1318834

Edited by Rumcájsz

Guest DanWilson
Hi Azurren!

Here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile-pulse-pulse-modaco-com/311809/the-ultimate-pulse-owners-guide/&view=findpost&p=1318834
http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile-pulse-pulse-modaco-com/311809/the-ultimate-pulse-owners-guide/#entry1318834

None of the original links ever worked. I never said a word though...

Guest Azurren
Hi Azurren!

Here:

None of the original links ever worked. I never said a word though...

Strange they all work for me (All links are generated by the board)

Upgrade to Firefox! :D

But I will try to correct them :D

Edit: Links corrected

Edited by Azurren

Guest Rumcájsz
Strange they all work for me (All links are generated by the board)

Upgrade to Firefox! :D

But I will try to correct them :D

Edit: Links corrected

Thanks!

Guest Turksoldier

Hi, first time poster here, just tried customising my pulse for the very first time on the 2.1 update and was going well till it came to boot my phone and i keep on getting stuck on the boot loop, as no one else has got this problem can only assume that i have done something wrong my end! restored my phone through the nan restore, just wondering what can i do to get a custom rom on my phone as i dont really care for the t-mobile junk on the offical update?

Guest Azurren
Hi, first time poster here, just tried customising my pulse for the very first time on the 2.1 update and was going well till it came to boot my phone and i keep on getting stuck on the boot loop, as no one else has got this problem can only assume that i have done something wrong my end! restored my phone through the nan restore, just wondering what can i do to get a custom rom on my phone as i dont really care for the t-mobile junk on the offical update?

Well, my advise would be to follow the guide again and take a note of anything that fails. Chances are it was nothing you did wrong and you only have to try again :D

Remember that the first boot can boot-loop once and the first boot can also take over 5mins :D

Guest Turksoldier
Well, my advise would be to follow the guide again and take a note of anything that fails. Chances are it was nothing you did wrong and you only have to try again :D

Remember that the first boot can boot-loop once and the first boot can also take over 5mins :D

Cheers for the reply, will give it another go now and will post the outcome.

Guest Turksoldier

OK, great news it been done, just done the whole procedure from the begining and thankfully this time it worked. so yeah cheers Azurren for the step by step guide!

Guest Azurren
OK, great news it been done, just done the whole procedure from the begining and thankfully this time it worked. so yeah cheers Azurren for the step by step guide!

No problem!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

awesome guide mate..

thanks a bunch...

n those who are using clockwork recovery and having problem moving dalvik cache to SD,

If you apply Darktremor Apps2SD and still notice internal storage is decreasing, this is due to the dalvik-cache not being moved. By default, Darktremor Apps2SD will not move the dalvik-cache on boot.

go to terminal emulator,

su

a2sd cachesd

the phone will automatically reboot after the process and your dalvik would move to SD now and you'll have more space in internal :huh:

Best Regards,

Xotic.

Edited by Xotic

Guest AdamBaker

HI, just got my pulse and reading carefully before doing anything to it but shouldn't the installation instructions say that before flashing Amon recovery that it is a good idea to put the phone in fastboot mode and then do fastboot-ostype boot recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img and create a Nandroid backup so you have a clean backup before any customisation is applied.

It might also help to note that the USB VID / PID for a standard pulse when in fastboot mode are 18d1:d00d not the 12d1:1501 that they are in normal operation (Linux users can then adjust their udev rules so fastboot works when run as a non root user).

Guest Oysterman

Thank you for this great guide!

I just failed in my first attempt to upgrade from the official 2.1 to the FLB mod.

I followed all instructions but the final flashing of the flb zipfile failed.

Error in line 9 ...blabla

The reason for this (i will put it down here to maybe help other N00bs like me - even so it is embarassing) was that i installed the 2.1 update

the way that the T-mobile website described this. I updated the phone from within the settings menu.

I don´t know what this update did but it did not really bring my device to 2.1

which i just found out in the phone info menu. It is still shown being on 1.5 there :huh:

So all over again - first to 2.1 (this time on the right path) and then another try with FLB-Mod v1.5 with ADW.Launcher 1.1.3

Guest Oysterman

Wow!

This time it worked and the FLB Mod really looks great - can´t wait to find out what this baby can do now.

Thanks all ! If i keep this i will of course also donate some money.

edit:

Maybe one thing more for the FAQ: Since i am completely new here i did not yet find out what the Vanilla Framework would now

do to my freshly installed FLB Mod. Searching for "Vanilla" finds a lot but so far no real explanation how that looks like

and what the advantage would be to install this.

Edited by Oysterman

Guest Azurren

Thanks everyone :huh:

HI, just got my pulse and reading carefully before doing anything to it but shouldn't the installation instructions say that before flashing Amon recovery that it is a good idea to put the phone in fastboot mode and then do fastboot-ostype boot recovery-RA-pulse-v1.5.2.img and create a Nandroid backup so you have a clean backup before any customisation is applied.

It might also help to note that the USB VID / PID for a standard pulse when in fastboot mode are 18d1:d00d not the 12d1:1501 that they are in normal operation (Linux users can then adjust their udev rules so fastboot works when run as a non root user).

I try make the step-by-step as simple as possible using the GUIs (Minimal writing / command prompting)

About vanilla. I'll add it to the FAQ on my next re-vamp ;)