• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Looking for the Right System for me

1 post in this topic

Posted

Hello all,

Soon my phone contract is over. And I can pick a new phone.

I am looking for the 'perfect' phone for me. But I can't seem to find it. And thus I'm about to ask you guys. (the gurus)

Heh

Anywho,

I first had a HTC S710, I liked how it handled. But it was awfully slow. And I missed a lot of features in Windows Mobile.

Then I handled a Symbian (I think this was a Nokia E53 something) for a week. I hated the thing.. Almost threw it out. Could hardly find the config.

Now I have a G1 Android phone. Really like it. But its awfully slow and can't do all the things I really like to do.

First you'd need to know I have a LOT of trouble with not having a Full Keyboard.. (I can't handle the TouchScreen Keyboards nor can I handle the normal numeric keys)

Also, I dont care at all about TouchScreen.

The things I'd require are:

- SMS / Call ( I put this down as some people seem to forget this function ( Referring to the first release of the NEO Freerunner ) )

- Sync Calender w/ Google

- Sync Contacts w/ Google

- Email [ gmail && exchange ] ( I use Gmail and Personal Email and Exchange is setup by Uni )

- Bluetooth Audio ( I have a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS200 to listen music )

- Navigation System ( Can be something I'd have to buy with it. I have used Google Maps for this before, so it doesnt require to be high-tech or free. )

- IRC / MSN / Skype (I'd like to be able to go on IRC and MSN when I am on the road. Skype would be great. But not required)

- Easy Access to Various Puzzle Games.

- SSH Client

And now the hard part.

I'd like too: Run C, Ruby, Python Apps.

As I use on a daily basis (and I'd like to when I am on the road) to use

- Scapy (High Requirement, its a Python App I use when I am at Costumers.)

- r2 (Disassembler I use a lot for Malware Analyses, and I'd like to have it on me at all times for Quick Analyses, http://radare.org/)

- Metasploit (This one is just practical but its not required. Its a 'pure' Ruby app.)

I know this all is solved if I can run Linux or BSD on the system.

But, as far as I know.

- Windows Mobile devices can hardly run Linux

- BlackBerry Cant

- Android can, but as Hybrid Boot and that makes it really slow.

So, my question is. Does anyone know a good device for me?

Doesn't need to be state-of-the-art it just requires those functions. (and fit in my pocket of course :lol:)

I've had a look at the new Android Devices, some BlackBerrys etc but I really dont know.

Also, on a side note. How come both my HTC S710 and my G1 are dreadfully slow. I hardly installed anything on 'em just those apps above (for as far as I could)

Thanks in advance I really need help with this.

Cheers,

Robin