MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Noonski
@Noonski,

Could you add this instead of the existing circle battery mod? This one has stock icons. I'm sure a lot of people don't like the colorful ones.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=23

I tried this one but the battery disappeared and was only shown when charging.

I'll Check it in a Moment. (i might be talking about another Mod i tried)

You can easily do this yourself just replace the framework-res.apk in the framework folder with the one inside the zip file you posted.

About the com.htc.bgp error I cleaned up some of the caches for calendar, calendar storage, gmail, facebook for HTC Sense and related apps and the error is gone.

Edited by Noonski

Guest seaders
the widgets is because you used titanium backup to restore all widgets from a 2.1 rom

and the mobile network is discussed in these last 18 pages, you need to enter APN's manually

I didn't restore anything from Titanium Backup, but I didn't know that about the APN stuff, thanks.

Guest Jannik Nielsen
I didn't restore anything from Titanium Backup, but I didn't know that about the APN stuff, thanks.

just tested it out a bit here, widgets sometimes double, if you remove them both and add it again it works np

not really sure what causes it if not titanium backup :)

I tried this one but the battery disappeared and was only shown when charging.

I've just flashed the non-colored icons.

worked fine, much better than those kiddy-colored ones.

thx also for the market-update.

Guest Noonski
I've just flashed the non-colored icons.

worked fine, much better than those kiddy-colored ones.

thx also for the market-update.

I'm working on another update.zip, you know how it is, I need to see it for myself first :D

I will also remove my personal bootscreen from the next one to make it a more general fix for everyone.

Is there someone that can Sign it for me for those people afraid to Flash it with signature checking disabled?

Oke here's the Modaco-R4-Fixes-Personal.zip i'm using to fix the issues that have seen fixes in the thread.

The Zip Includes

• BuildProp for Missing Paid Apps in Market via liamstears @XDA
  • apns-conf.xml fix for APN setup via Klutsh @Modaco
  • Wifi-N fix Via liamstears @XDA
  • HSDPA missing Icon Fix + Circle Percentage Battery From liamstears @XDA
  • Patched Launcher2.apk to fix Phone Shortcut in Launcher2 via Klutsh @Modaco
  • NetworkLocation.apk for location issue via meLIanTQ @XDA (you might need to delete a few application Data/Cache in application Setting)
  • ModInstallLocation.v1.apk to change install location for Native Android A2SD via barrons @XDA

Add the personal.zip to your Prebake.

http://www.multiupload.com/RZ5387QOWV

Or Flash through recovery with signature check disabled.

As always make a Nandroid Backup to be safe.

You might get an error on com.htc.bgp.

In that case try the fix below:

Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All Applications >> Agenda / Calendar Clear Data >> Agenda/Calendar storage Clear Data >> Contacts Clear Data >> HTC Contacts Clear Data >> Facebook for HTC Sense Clear Data >> Gmail Clear Data >> Open Sense Plugin Manager Clear Data

I know it sounds scary but I didn't know any of this 24 hours ago :)

Thanks guys.

Edited by Noonski

Guest ange335

Thank for this great, that fast and stable Rom, after a day testing i'm sure that i can use it in daily business.

There are only 3 little issues you shold know:

- no button to popdown the keyboard (not sure that this is an issue)

- My Location doesn't work for me (not rey bad for me, gps works great)

- no "H" istead of "3G" Icon if you have HSDPA running

Can somebody confim this or did i something wrong?

Regards from Linz/Austria @ 34 degrees

Andy

Guest Spellcaster Lukian

How's battery life with this ROM?

Android system near 60% usage (I've probably been using it vigorously, syncing contacts, birthdays and playing that free Meteor game).

I baked the radio update in, but wifi and mobile standby seem to be their usual battery usage percentages.

I've been using it for two days now, but I couldn't accurately take account yesterday as Titanium Backup was hard-crashing my phone.

3hrs20mins (Wifi on) since unplugged and battery is down to 57%.

= 8 hours tops.

Edited by Spellcaster Lukian

Guest Jannik Nielsen
Thank for this great, that fast and stable Rom, after a day testing i'm sure that i can use it in daily business.

There are only 3 little issues you shold know:

- no button to popdown the keyboard (not sure that this is an issue)

- My Location doesn't work for me (not rey bad for me, gps works great)

- no "H" istead of "3G" Icon if you have HSDPA running

Can somebody confim this or did i something wrong?

Regards from Linz/Austria @ 34 degrees

Andy

the two second issues is decribed in the post right above yours :) its a know problem

the popdown button isnt there on the default keyboard, installing HTC_IME from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

sorts that, and brings about a few more features

Guest kaziem

Not sure if this is a known issue.. but my device just froze and can't even reboot it holding power button. I was downloading/searching/installing a couple apps from the Marketplace, as I used to do with my stock kernel, but this made the device freeze with this ROM.

Guest woti17

has anybody the same strange behavior?

if i select "charge only" at preferences - connect to pc,

and connect the original usb cable from htc to my mobile and netbook to charge

SD card gets mounted as disk on netbook, and therefore is not available on the mobile

this did not happen on MCR 3.1

thanks

Guest kaziem
Not sure if this is a known issue.. but my device just froze and can't even reboot it holding power button. I was downloading/searching/installing a couple apps from the Marketplace, as I used to do with my stock kernel, but this made the device freeze with this ROM.

Ok, I debugged this a bit more... more specifically it's when I install "Math Workout Lite" when the device freezes.. any ideas on why this is happening?

Regards

Guest klutsh

SD card gets mounted as disk on netbook, and therefore is not available on the mobile

thanks

Do you have DoubleTwist installed?

I know this can happen if you have.

Guest dreamdealer

for me so far everything works, never did a wipe just installed on top of r3.1, the only problem unless i am missing something is my market download history list does now show up any of my apps that I have installed, all that does show up is my paid apps. read the entire thread and unless I missed something I couldn't find anyone with the same issue.

thanks

Yeah got that too, "workaround" is to just select "charge only" again after sd card was mounted, that will unmount it.

However i had that prob with stock rom (while installing doubletwist) after installing this rom it did not mount it anymore.

Guest hally83

Anyone having issues with this radio on Orange (aside from the simlock)

When I boot, I enter my unlock code and it says "network unlock successful" but I get no reception whatsoever. If I go into setting to try and search for a network, it brings up an error message saying "simcard or network error"

Tried reflashing the radio about 3 times to no avail.

Also, it asks me for my unlock code everytime I boot or switch airplane mode on and off.

Everything else works, camera etc.

Cheers,

Edited by hally83

Guest klutsh
Anyone having issues with this radio on Orange (aside from the simlock)

When I boot, I enter my unlock code and it says "network unlock successful" but I get no reception whatsoever. If I go into setting to try and search for a network, it brings up an error message saying "simcard or network error"

Tried reflashing the radio about 3 times to no avail.

Also, it asks me for my unlock code everytime I boot or switch airplane mode on and off.

Everything else works, camera etc.

Cheers,

Reflash back to stock RUU then apply the unlock.

Guest woti17
Yeah got that too, "workaround" is to just select "charge only" again after sd card was mounted, that will unmount it.

However i had that prob with stock rom (while installing doubletwist) after installing this rom it did not mount it anymore.

well i have tried this "workaround" before you mentioned it, did not work for me,

after a few minutes sd as disk mounted "magically" again

however, uninstall of doubletwist works for the moment (untill i want it install again)

thanks

Guest salahag
well i have tried this "workaround" before you mentioned it, did not work for me,

after a few minutes sd as disk mounted "magically" again

however, uninstall of doubletwist works for the moment (untill i want it install again)

thanks

Guys you can keep doubletwist and solve the issue, simply by disabling the option to auto mount the SD card inside doubltwist settings :)

Guest flakz0r
Guys you can keep doubletwist and solve the issue, simply by disabling the option to auto mount the SD card inside doubltwist settings :)

Thanks!

Guest oxyum

Hi, Paul!

Thanks for your hard work!

Just want to say, that removing "HTC Sync" option in kitchen generates "broken" firmware.

Without this component phone can't connect to PC at all.

Also trying to select "Connect to PC" menu from Sense settings aborts Settings.

So with Sense anybody must install that component too. With stock Launcher not tested...

Guest tk1978

hmm since 2.2 my APN on/off widget isnt working. if i switch off, the data connection is again active after 2 seconds. any hints what to do?

thx!

Edited by tk1978

Guest Ali Hussnain

Hi

Please tell that if i will upgrade the radio now, then when i will unroot with stock rom with the older radio, my radio will be downgraded also?