MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pd555

Has anyone had an issue with the phone getting very hot with the pre-bake with a2sd? Today was my first full day with the rom. The battery was charged 100% in the morning and I only listened to the music player for a while (15-20 mins). After this battery was 90 something %. Didn't look again at the phone until 10.30 ish at which point it was very hot and had "locked up" The clock widget showed the correct time but the time at the top of the screen was 8.38 and the battery icon had frozen (I have flashed the circle battery mod and coloured icons).

I had to pull the battery and after a reboot battery was 33%. I'm not sure what was causing this or how to find out. I did notice that there were a lot of apps running in the background and tried to kill the Music app with Advanced Task Killer. This would not work, it either wouldn't kill or was immediately restarting. Can somebody with the rom check if you can kill the Music app for me?

The phone was then getting hot on and off during the day after a brief recharge

Any ideas of what to do? Obviously the phone is unusable like this. Is it worth reflashing the same rom over the top? Are there any logs etc to check?

Thanks for any help

EDIT: I have also flashed the wake with trackpad and power button

Edited by pd555

Guest elrgarcia

Hi! My name's Eugene and I'm new here :(

Wanting to use this custom ROM, but I'm having a problem with the requirement: "be able to launch the custom recovery image"

The Requirements paragraph links to the topic:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ows-mac-linux/)

..but the link redirects to the following link:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...o-1-21-support/

..which states that: "[This] root process will NOT... enable you to flash your device with a custom recovery image"

I tried using the search function of the forum to look for the custom recovery image instructions for HTC Desire but have not been successful so far.

Can anyone kindly direct me to the instructions for enabling the CRI? Thanks in advance :(

Guest Ricocchet

Ive been very happy with this ROM until today, now im not sure if the issue is with the ROM or just the dire battery life, of the Desire, but I charged my phone this morning, tried the WIFI Tethering feature, granted left it on for a couple (2hr) of hours, then went back to my phone and it was dead as a dodo.

Battery life has never been that bad before and I accept that the Tethering would drain the battery, but the features next you useless if u wanna use the phone as an Wireless Access Point for a couple of hours.

Anyone else had this problem, very disappointed with that aspect of the 2.2 update and this ROM, apart from that top marks tho for this ROM.

Hurry up HTC And release a decent battery please for this phone!!

Guest _kal_

Hi there,

Thanks for the amazing work. I just flashed my HTC Desire according to the rooting guide posted in this forum section. Then I tried to upgrade to this r5 version, but I got a "signature verification failed" in the recovery manager. I put the zip on the sd card and renamed it update.zip to make the upgrade. Any idea ? :/

Guest aslsthlm
Hi there,

Thanks for the amazing work. I just flashed my HTC Desire according to the rooting guide posted in this forum section. Then I tried to upgrade to this r5 version, but I got a "signature verification failed" in the recovery manager. I put the zip on the sd card and renamed it update.zip to make the upgrade. Any idea ? :/

First download fake-flash and rename that to update, not the r5 file, my sugestion is that u read the posts here before you brick the phone..

Guest gianton

I have succesfully partitioned my sd card to fat32 and ext3 with gparted live cd, so now could anyone please advise where to make the folders data/app? In ext3 root partition? I am using astro file manager.

I want app2sd to work, currently all my apps are installed in main memory.

Edited by gianton

Guest _kal_
First download fake-flash and rename that to update, not the r5 file, my sugestion is that u read the posts here before you brick the phone..

Which post are you talking about please ?

Guest gianton
Which post are you talking about please ?

I have succesfully flashed 3 different roms with Rom Manager, download it via the Market.

Guest _kal_
I have succesfully flashed 3 different roms with Rom Manager, download it via the Market.

Ok I'm gonna give it a try right now. I thought it was possible through the recovery manager, but I guess I was wrong

Guest rottenmonkey
Nice rom! Some issues:

Charging dismounts the SD card (and turns on USB debugging).

Battery drains super fast. A full battery will give me approx 14 hours of standby.

HTC IME MOD crashes.

Does the prebake come with trackpad wake?

same issues, also im having trouble with vido capture. turn res up to 720p and try and record it just FC. could this be down to radio?

Guest pd555
i have 1 problem:

when i start camrecoder, freeze and reset :(

I had that. Fixed by flashing the latest radio that I found over at XDA

Guest houdini2005
how can I uninstall WaveSecure? I flashed the prebaked version without additions...

Thanks for ur help :(

not a reply as such, but firstly this was my first go at rooting & flashing (unrevoked) and i'm glad i did. brilliant work on the rom :( , but i dont feel the need for wavesecure (phone never ever leaves my sight ) & my friends smith & wesson take care of muggers :P , but i would like to get rid of the wavesecure nags etc .

keep up the good work :P .

Guest pd555
Has anyone had an issue with the phone getting very hot with the pre-bake with a2sd? Today was my first full day with the rom. The battery was charged 100% in the morning and I only listened to the music player for a while (15-20 mins). After this battery was 90 something %. Didn't look again at the phone until 10.30 ish at which point it was very hot and had "locked up" The clock widget showed the correct time but the time at the top of the screen was 8.38 and the battery icon had frozen (I have flashed the circle battery mod and coloured icons).

I had to pull the battery and after a reboot battery was 33%. I'm not sure what was causing this or how to find out. I did notice that there were a lot of apps running in the background and tried to kill the Music app with Advanced Task Killer. This would not work, it either wouldn't kill or was immediately restarting. Can somebody with the rom check if you can kill the Music app for me?

The phone was then getting hot on and off during the day after a brief recharge

Any ideas of what to do? Obviously the phone is unusable like this. Is it worth reflashing the same rom over the top? Are there any logs etc to check?

Thanks for any help

EDIT: I have also flashed the wake with trackpad and power button

Sorry for quoting myself. Does anyone have any comments on the above?

Guest sudeki300

how cani remove the apps like amazon mp3, plurk and the wave one as i do not really need them. also when i go into the application manager and look at the stuff that is running there is alot of items. would this be usual also on the stock rom?.....................sudeki300

Edited by sudeki300

Guest n1cho

can't login into facebook using the facebook for htc sense.... it said "service is currently unavailable."

anyone have the same issue?

thankx

Guest brosk
can't login into facebook using the facebook for htc sense.... it said "service is currently unavailable."

anyone have the same issue?

thankx

I've been having the same problem for two weeks. Will try wiping everything and reflashing maybe it helps.

Guest Chronic404

Hey guys, new user here, and a bit of a technoob! :(

I have put the Froyo with sense ROM on my HTC Desire, and all seems to be working fine, but i cannot sync with HTC Sync.

It recognises the phone but Sync fails... any ideas?

Also, cannot get Rom Manager to work, i flashed the Clockwork MOD first of all, but when i try to do it via ROM manager it tells me i do not have a stable internet connection, despite having 3G and WiFi connections...

Sorry if this has been dealt with before, i've searched the thread but cannot find a similar question.

Thanks

Guest sh500
Ive been very happy with this ROM until today, now im not sure if the issue is with the ROM or just the dire battery life, of the Desire, but I charged my phone this morning, tried the WIFI Tethering feature, granted left it on for a couple (2hr) of hours, then went back to my phone and it was dead as a dodo.

Battery life has never been that bad before and I accept that the Tethering would drain the battery, but the features next you useless if u wanna use the phone as an Wireless Access Point for a couple of hours.

Anyone else had this problem, very disappointed with that aspect of the 2.2 update and this ROM, apart from that top marks tho for this ROM.

Hurry up HTC And release a decent battery please for this phone!!

I've had this ROM running for two days and the battery seems to be draining incredibly fast (in comparison to the stock ROM/radio). My setup is exactly the same as when it was all stock. Anyone tried different radio combinations for an improvement? I'm running the latest (non-leaked) radio.

Guest ferryrich
I've had this ROM running for two days and the battery seems to be draining incredibly fast (in comparison to the stock ROM/radio). My setup is exactly the same as when it was all stock. Anyone tried different radio combinations for an improvement? I'm running the latest (non-leaked) radio.

I'm on 32.42.00.32U_5.09.00.08 and have only lost 14% battery in the last 15 hours.

Seems pretty good to me.