Yonn Kitchen - Where OmnaiLITE ROMs were cooked in

Guest yonn1981

Guest Rebels
Very impressive work here yonn, i've been studying your work lately on here and i have to say it's very, very good :)

i may give this kitchen a pop and create a few ROMs (it's been a long time since my last ones) if you don't mind :D

good work mate!

EDIT: Once i've downloaded all the files i'll create a few mirrors for everyone.

Thanks in advance Mambo04 for the mirrors :P

Guest yonn1981
U mean this application can work for ock ROM building?

You mean osKitchen right? Yes, you can user other sources with it with just rearranging source content to the way oskitchen use...

Uploading via MultiUpload as i write :P and no worries bro.

EDIT: MultiUpload links:

Yonn_i900_Full_OSkitchen_10Jul_2010.7z Part 1

Yonn_i900_Full_OSkitchen_10Jul_2010.7z Part 2

Yonn_OEM_Langs_OmniaLITE

Yonn you can use these on the front page :P

Thanks a lot... Added to front page ...

This my lucky day .. Added to front page ... Thanks a lot ...

Update:

Today I cooked myself a M2D ROM for a change, and noticed the new manila2d package is working but need registry update... and the new version of m2d doesn't seem worth it as m2d tdy and M2DC don't work with it ...

Other than that it's OK...

So anybody cooked a ROM :) , any feedback :D

Dear Yonn I would like to thank you for this great work!

Secondary I would like to ask why is ther no network after the post installation? (no gprs initialisation, no internet connection over activsync wifi is connected but no internet connection is possible )

Guest leebates1986

Secondary I would like to ask why is ther no network after the post installation? (no gprs initialisation, no internet connection over activsync wifi is connected but no internet connection is possible )

had this also, installed operator settings but nothing could connect

Guest M.MALKI

all i can say dear Yonn " THANKS "

ur rom on my omnia makes it very fast and usefull

great work and hope to see u cooking again

Guest mureta

Yonn great!

I get now and fast...owooo

A great tip quickly and easy to understand and execution.Great work !Congratulations !

That's what all beginners omnianos and waited and never pass that most industry experts know how to cook.

You really be in Yonne congratulations one more !

One question: before cooking where can I change to language in Portuguese-Brazil and where I can change if you need to type icons, background ... ??

Your help is much appreciated!

Thanks so much !

Guest enrycko

yonn i will report my work..

- dxia5 untouched OEM 6.5.3 ( Driver, DPI, Lang, Misc )

- Have cut out a useles :angry: s apps on OEMApps

- EXT source from you and other on XDA-Developers *thanks*

- Tweak

- XPR Compression ( The Great Speed )

- Performance : Filesystem chache : 4096 , Pagepool 12

My result is :

- i900_fullapps : 136MB ( With a lot of stuff ) :D

- i900_megalite : 51MB :D

Now i have a question.. can i delete the windows media player? and what i can do for change splash screen on the radio... ;)

Guest acrocosm

I also cooked my rom and I'm a very happy person :angry:

Localized, also with XPR, default pagepool (what is it? 6? 8?) and 65MB free on boot. It's super fast!! It might be the fastest rom I've tried o.O. Excellent responsiveness. SKTools performance however is in some areas lower than the registered values for this device. How can I raise that? PDHEE's and the latest OCK roms give quite higher results. Is it registry tweaks? Any ideas?

Also, in some cases the click scroller kicks in. I've cooked FTouchSL lite (and OmniaLite Isoma and Dlls) from "Packages_Omnia_Driver". Do I need Scroll Engine too? Or scroll engine instead of FTouchSL?

XPR is much faster than LZX. Why most cooks use LZX is beyond me. Especially with onmnia that you've got so much storage... I mean you can just install most apps in storage. The larger ones usualy dont'e need to be in main. So space shouldn't be an issue. Since I switched to cooked roms my main storage never went under 50mb free even with tons of graphic/music and other apps. XPR FTW ^_____^

>>>>>>>>>>

@mureta: To loocalize it you need a given language rollup packages for a given build. I used rollups from 25005 on build 25018.

Make a subfolder with the language code under the build you want to translate and extract them there. The builds can be found in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources" mobile builds.

You also need the language packages that Yonn posted. Extract your language under "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages".

That's the easy part. You can get a bootable and usable rom just by doing that but you'll be missing a few settings icons and programs shortcuts. To be precise, you'll only get microsoft stuff on control panel, start menu and startup. To also get samsung's control panel entries, your added apps on start menu and a proper startup you need to put quite some effort. You have to edit initflashfiles.dat for your language. You find them in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages\OEM_Lang_xxxx" where xxxx is your lang code.

You can change the app icons in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages\Packages_Omnia_Registry\Startmenu shortcuts and folders icons\files". For wallpaper, change or add stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg in the files folder of a theme. The themes can be found in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages\Themes".

>>>>>>>>>>

@enrycko: To add your splash screen add it to the advanced tweaks tab under "Rom sections", I added my bussiness card on it :D. A megalite rom with 51MB free ram on boot? Too low. What's your memory usage? I managed to get mine to 32 which is close to what I had managed to do with the stock rom with ftouchsl (free ram was over 72, used at around 28-30, it's the highest I've get in a rom). I'm experimenting with media player and ie. I want to completely remove them. I'll let you know how it's going. Removing some ie related packages makes the rom unbootable.

Edited by acrocosm

Anything on internet connection problem???? Can somebody help me!!!!

Guest brazuka

Hi

I'm trying to cook m2d using de 6.5.3 Bone as template.

What I did was just open the 6.5.3 Bone project and select all manila packages, excluding GTX theme.

After that I flashed my i900 but m2d doesn't open even when I try to actvate it on "Home Settings".

Any ideias how to fix it? Did I missed something?

Thanks!

Guest mureta
I also cooked my rom and I'm a very happy person :angry:

Localized, also with XPR, default pagepool (what is it? 6? 8?) and 65MB free on boot. It's super fast!! It might be the fastest rom I've tried o.O. Excellent responsiveness. SKTools performance however is in some areas lower than the registered values for this device. How can I raise that? PDHEE's and the latest OCK roms give quite higher results. Is it registry tweaks? Any ideas?

Also, in some cases the click scroller kicks in. I've cooked FTouchSL lite (and OmniaLite Isoma and Dlls) from "Packages_Omnia_Driver". Do I need Scroll Engine too? Or scroll engine instead of FTouchSL?

XPR is much faster than LZX. Why most cooks use LZX is beyond me. Especially with onmnia that you've got so much storage... I mean you can just install most apps in storage. The larger ones usualy dont'e need to be in main. So space shouldn't be an issue. Since I switched to cooked roms my main storage never went under 50mb free even with tons of graphic/music and other apps. XPR FTW ^_____^

>>>>>>>>>>

@mureta: To loocalize it you need a given language rollup packages for a given build. I used rollups from 25005 on build 25018.

Make a subfolder with the language code under the build you want to translate and extract them there. The builds can be found in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources" mobile builds.

You also need the language packages that Yonn posted. Extract your language under "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages".

That's the easy part. You can get a bootable and usable rom just by doing that but you'll be missing a few settings icons and programs shortcuts. To be precise, you'll only get microsoft stuff on control panel, start menu and startup. To also get samsung's control panel entries, your added apps on start menu and a proper startup you need to put quite some effort. You have to edit initflashfiles.dat for your language. You find them in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\OEM Packages\OEM_Lang_xxxx" where xxxx is your lang code.

You can change the app icons in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages\Packages_Omnia_Registry\Startmenu shortcuts and folders icons\files". For wallpaper, change or add stwater_240_400.jpg and stwater_400_240.jpg in the files folder of a theme. The themes can be found in "Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages\Themes".

>>>>>>>>>>

@enrycko: To add your splash screen add it to the advanced tweaks tab under "Rom sections", I added my bussiness card on it :D. A megalite rom with 51MB free ram on boot? Too low. What's your memory usage? I managed to get mine to 32 which is close to what I had managed to do with the stock rom with ftouchsl (free ram was over 72, used at around 28-30, it's the highest I've get in a rom). I'm experimenting with media player and ie. I want to completely remove them. I'll let you know how it's going. Removing some ie related packages makes the rom unbootable.

@acrocosm

Acrocosm great!

Thank you for your quick response.

I will try very soon ... after I tell you.

Again thanks for your reply.

Guest acrocosm
Hi

I'm trying to cook m2d using de 6.5.3 Bone as template.

What I did was just open the 6.5.3 Bone project and select all manila packages, excluding GTX theme.

After that I flashed my i900 but m2d doesn't open even when I try to actvate it on "Home Settings".

Any ideias how to fix it? Did I missed something?

Thanks!

You need the theme. It's got the right configuration xml. Without it it's not gonna work. If you don't like GTX try one of the themes on the manila themes thread here at modaco. Just make sure you don't add an 18/19 version theme.

Guest enrycko
@enrycko: To add your splash screen add it to the advanced tweaks tab under "Rom sections", I added my bussiness card on it :angry:. A megalite rom with 51MB free ram on boot? Too low. What's your memory usage? I managed to get mine to 32 which is close to what I had managed to do with the stock rom with ftouchsl (free ram was over 72, used at around 28-30, it's the highest I've get in a rom). I'm experimenting with media player and ie. I want to completely remove them. I'll let you know how it's going. Removing some ie related packages makes the rom unbootable.

What your image format? is png or gif? no my megalite has 75mb free RAM and 181MB free ROM.. yap thats i want to tell, because im so confused to remove the media player, i remove it, the ROM isn't boot able.. Anything person can answer this question please? how to do to remove the WMP, and i think, ie too.. because i have much more better skydrive for surfing via internet.. :D

Guest yonn1981

@ leebates1986:

I don't have problem with operator settings, try using operator settings and then Automatic configure connection to activate WAP...

@ mureta:

As acrocosm stated you need initflashfiles.dat representing you language "Some langs can't simple edit WWE iniflashfiles.dat due to change in name of system folders" and builds locals "I kept some places to search in first post" ...

@ acrocosm:

WOW, I hope some moderator here shift your post to #2 as it give some good explanations to users ... Thanks a lot..

@ brazuka:

I mentioned in earlier post that the new PACKAGE_TF_HTC_2DManila_Dopod_2_0_20134121_00 I added in kitchen is not worth it .. better use older packages "I'll put a link when my internet speed goes back to normal..."

@ enrycko:

I was losing hope about this thread, I almost thought it's dead :angry: .. But you and acrocosm revive it .. Thanks ...

You can't totally remove media player "By disabling MediaOS packages" as it's needed for ringtones and others ... But if you want to disable it you need to activate "Dummy MediaOS - Disable MediaOS First" package in Addons "It worked but did not test it since long time" ...

Edited by yonn1981

Guest enrycko
@ enrycko:

I was losing hope about this thread, I almost thought it's dead ;) .. But you and acrocosm revive it .. Thanks ...

You can't totally remove media player "By disabling MediaOS packages" as it's needed for ringtones and others ... But if you want to disable it you need to activate "Dummy MediaOS - Disable MediaOS First" package in Addons "It worked but did not test it since long time" ...

this thread is cool :D , and the stuff is really cool... i had that yonn but the ROM now is unbootable.. just stuck on the splash screen :D very bad.. yonn i think nice to share other an official winmo 6.5 i900 too on the 1st page.. i have it but my internet connection is so slow.. so i can't upload it.. :angry:

Guest holdz

As Yonn said, the M2D package is dodgy. I've substituted it with a package created by Nicklashidegard and now M2D loads. However I still cannot get Audio Manager and Camera Album to work with M2D, it generates and error that it cannot be found.

Again thanks for this great kitchen and I'm slowly grasping the whole cooking concept :angry:

Guest mureta

Yonn Thanks for the quick response!

The assistance is greatly big.

Thanks Yonn and Acrocosm! You made the difference here.

Edited by mureta

Guest adhip

It took a while for me to download the kitchen, and I just have some time to play around with it.

I'm a newbie in ROM building and not a techie, but this kitchen is very user friendly, and made my 1st 6.5.3 ROM in short time :angry:

So your ROM and kitchen are really great job, Yonn!!! Thanks !

I have a newbie question : I'd like to remove such apps as IE but it shows warning error : removing essential package may cause ROM malfunction. Could you tell me, which 'essential' packages are safe (no malfunction) to remove?

Thanks in advance :D

Again thanks for this great kitchen !!! I solved my problem with taking out the XDA_UC and its going OK!

Guest enrycko
It took a while for me to download the kitchen, and I just have some time to play around with it.

I'm a newbie in ROM building and not a techie, but this kitchen is very user friendly, and made my 1st 6.5.3 ROM in short time :angry:

So your ROM and kitchen are really great job, Yonn!!! Thanks !

I have a newbie question : I'd like to remove such apps as IE but it shows warning error : removing essential package may cause ROM malfunction. Could you tell me, which 'essential' packages are safe (no malfunction) to remove?

Thanks in advance :D

u can remove the ie with the registry hack to remove ie first.. and well done.. u cant update weather on m2d , search for update apps.. because ie is the essential apps for many programs...

as i know.. and tested it, the essential program u can remove is Chome, bronze, FWUPDATE(need mod on Addons @ EXT Packages), Riched20, SQM(need mod on Addons @ EXT Packages),MediaOS(need mod on Addons @ EXT Packages), MediaOS files(if u dont want mp3 ringtones).

its safety to remove because i dont very needed it on my ppc... ;)