• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Droid 2 Set to land August the 23rd ...?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

The Hotly Rumoured Droid 2 is looking set for a 23rd of August Launch.

10-Aug-2010_motorola-droid-2-verizon-wireless.jpg

New improved picture added

Engadget is reporting it will ship with an 8gb sd card and cost $199 on contract and $599 standalone.

Verizon have put this on Pre-order from the 11th of August (Tomorrow)

They have also annoynced an R2D2 special edition, text pasted below:

R2-D2 DROID 2

In honor of the iconic Astromech Droid from the Star Wars™ Saga, Verizon Wireless will offer a limited-edition R2-D2 version of the DROID 2, available only online in September. The special version of the phone will feature exclusive Star Wars content and external hardware designed to look like the trusty Droid from the film saga.

Finally, It'll come with Froyo 2.2 installed.

Nice looking phone IMO!

Specification includes:

• 750MHz OMAP cpu
  • 3.7 inch screen.
  • 8gb internal storage.
  • 512 mb of ram.

Doesn't look like a huge update on the original Droid, but should sell well if it has half the advertising campaign the Droid had!

I appreciate this is a UK based site, but this will eventually make it's way to UK/Euro shores, in the meantime we can only look longingly across the pond at all the great phones our American friends seem to be getting.

Posted

Released after the Droid X? This looks like a huge waste of time.

Posted

Edited post first post.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.