Shopper

Guest PaulOBrien

shopper1.pngshopper2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Shopper

What they say

Shopper recognizes books and media by cover art, plus barcode scanning and voice search. Find local and online prices, reviews, specs, and more. Star your favorites and share with friends.

Currently U.S. and U.K. only.

What we say

This is a cool app. When i'm buying online I always us the Google Products (aka Froogle) service to do price comparisons, and this application lets you do it 'in the field'. When you're in a store, scan a barcode or cover to get local and online prices and product details. This application is very similar to Shopsavvy, although I opted to include shopper as it includes functionality for scanning covers and most importantly has a funky green horizontal line when you're barcode scanning. :(

Beware, people who see you using this in a store will think you're strange, heh...

Permissions

ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE / CALL_PHONE / CAMERA / FLASHLIGHT / INTERNET / VIBRATE

Download

View Shopper at AppBrain

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

shopper.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.14 (8644 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

Also check out Shopsavvy.

Suggested improvements for the next version

More product support, better organisation of results.

Have your say

Fan of Shopper? Prefer Shopsavvy? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :(