MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi,

I am little bit confused...

I am using the R19 MCR at the moment.

The latest version I can see is R21 and it looks like here is no progress anymore.

So is this R8 wip more up to date then the R19 (R21)?

Do I need a Wipe if I am migrating from R19 to R8 wip?

Is the camera now working correctly and support 720p?

I have not found anything with the search function about that.

Thanks,

Guili

Guest aritmeester

@Paul

First thanks for your effort to work on this awesome Roms. I'm a baker since r3.1 and love to see all progress made over here.

Is there any change to make the wifi no full sleep patch an option in the kitchen? I have installed it manually and its working fine.

Problem: There will be data signal drop/lost when i turn off the screen in sleeping mode. This is quite annoying that when i am using data streaming e.g. radiotime.

Guest kmetek
Quick question regarding Perflock and set cpu.

Just decided to buy setcpu and make use of the perflock feature in the rom -

what do you think are the best settings for set-cpu for making the most of battery life?

I set:

Screen off: max 245 Min 245

battery <40% Max 576 Min 245

battery <30% Max 460 Min 245

battery <20% Max 245 Min 245

temp >50c Max 576 Min 245

does that sound right?

seems quite decent to me.

Guest EddyOS
Hi,

I am little bit confused...

I am using the R19 MCR at the moment.

The latest version I can see is R21 and it looks like here is no progress anymore.

So is this R8 wip more up to date then the R19 (R21)?

Do I need a Wipe if I am migrating from R19 to R8 wip?

Is the camera now working correctly and support 720p?

I have not found anything with the search function about that.

Thanks,

Guili

That's the Nexus One ROM - I assume you have a Nexus One? This is a Desire ROM

EDIT: Ignore me!! You're using the stock Android ROM - this is the HTC Sense FroYo ROM

Edited by EddyOS

Guest kevinof

There are two distinct actions - call and dial.

Call Fred on Mobile will call Fred from your address book on his mobile number. you can say home and work also. This works from bluetooth or just using the phone.

Dial 012344556 will call a number. However this never worked for me. I always get the same issue as you with the 201 area code inserted before every number. Because of this I never used it.

With the new voice actions "call" works as does map and navigate. Dial, set alarm , send email, send text all just bring up google search - Ie If I say set alarm for eight thirty is just searches Google for "set alarm for eight thirty"!

Ha! Just discovered something. This only works with voice input set to US English. Won't work with UK english or anything else. Go to settings/voice input and output/ voice recognizer settings/language and set to US English. Now send note/send email etc will all work.

Ha just realised why I never used it, it gets everything wrong.

For example say 'call 12345' came up with 'dial 201 453 6300' and 'call dad' came up with 'open robo defence or open calendar' I have no idea where they got that from, I'm just bewildered!

Edit: is this what Paul's new apk's are for?

Edited by kevinof

Guest yeoman999

i have still the same error with openvpn

Fri Aug 13 10:32:31 2010 Note: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)

Fri Aug 13 10:32:31 2010 Note: Attempting fallback to kernel 2.2 TUN/TAP interface

Fri Aug 13 10:32:31 2010 Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/tun0: No such file or directory (errno=2)

Fri Aug 13 10:32:31 2010 Exiting

anybody any idea ?

thanx a lot

alex

Guest spiry2sick

Strange issue made itself apparent today. Seems I cannot hear any phone calls except via the headset or if I activate the loudspeaker. Cannot hear the dial tones, speaker, etc. It happened out of the blue. I had been running r8 for the last few days now.

Guest tigris666
For me (clockwork recovery) Factory Reset = wipe.

Also for Titanium Backup you only get the donate version if you're a MoDaCo Plus member. We're just on Ad Free :D

Thanks Jamien, that worked. Just a bit of confusion regarding the factory reset. I would consider upgrading to the Plus membership for the enhanced titanium backup if someone can tell me how I go about also getting the premium last pass app that i see in paul's signature. I use last pass everywhere except on android since it's not free.

Guest benj.vd

I'm considering using this R8 ROM, and thus paying membership, seems really worth it I must say.

However, I've got a question I can't get answered: what's a radio image? When do I need to apply one? Should I include it in my baked R8?

NB: my desire is currently on a DeFrost, but I never cared about radio images until now.

Thx for the support

Guest EddyOS

The radio is what tells the OS to do with the hardware - the new radio is needed for 720p video recording, WiFi-N, etc...DeFroST will also recommend using the latest radio to get 720p recording as well...

Guest EddyOS
So R19(R21) has not further develepmont because it comes originally from Nexus one?

R8 wip is a Rom based on the original HTC Desire Froyo rom???

Yep, Paul has stopped work on the stock Android port and is now concentrating on this full Sense-FroYo ROM. If you want stock Android then look at DeFroST or OpenDesire on XDA

Yep, Paul has stopped work on the stock Android port and is now concentrating on this full Sense-FroYo ROM. If you want stock Android then look at DeFroST or OpenDesire on XDA

Only temporarily. :D

P

Guest EddyOS
Only temporarily. :D

P

OOoo, if you could get the black top bar, ala stock Desire, then I'd look into this again...sounds good but I hate the white bar of stock Android, looks horrid on the sleek Desire! :D

Guest tigris666
Aha, not this time, becuse I don´t wanna install every app again...

Try Titanium Backup, i just started using it, backs up all your apps/settings so you can easily restore after flashing a new ROM. Some posters explained how to use it a few posts back.

Guest aslsthlm
This would be next port of call and would likely fix the issue(s)

Ok, think I´l wait with that for a while, so many updates right now, and everything else works like a charm thx :-)

Guest benj.vd
The radio is what tells the OS to do with the hardware - the new radio is needed for 720p video recording, WiFi-N, etc...DeFroST will also recommend using the latest radio to get 720p recording as well...

Thx for the reply. So is the radio like a set of drivers? Isn't the radio erased when wiping? I suppose it's not, since I wiped then applied my DeFrost and it went OK. But that might explain why launching the video cam now causes my device to crash.

I think I'll move to R8, it looks better, and maintained every day.

Thx again

Guest aslsthlm
Try Titanium Backup, i just started using it, backs up all your apps/settings so you can easily restore after flashing a new ROM. Some posters explained how to use it a few posts back.

Yes I know, how to do that, but no fan of it..

thx anyway :-)