FLB-Mod 1.1 & 1.2 problems

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Just like the thread for 1.0 issues, please report any issues affecting you with FLB-Mod 1.1 and 1.2

Please do not post any issues with 3G unless you HAD working 3G with FLB 1.0

1) Phone type:

2) Which Official 2.1 ROM did you flash (T-Mobile, Tre, other)

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing? (yes/no)

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup? (yes/no)

5) Are you using A2SD? (yes/no)

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD?

6) Using T-Mobile or Tre version of FLB-Mod 1.2?

7) Problem with the rom in detail:

Please provide log files. Without these any issues are incredibly hard to fix, or even impossible. If you aren't comfortable using ADB and DDMS then you can install alogcat from the market. Remember to enable logs on your device by opening an adb shell, or using the terminal app:

su
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/logger/log_main/enable
echo 2 >/sys/kernel/logger/log_main/priority[/code]

Edited by flibblesan

Guest DanWilson
Just like the thread for 1.0 issues, please report any issues affecting you with FLB-Mod 1.1

Please do not post any issues with 3G unless you HAD working 3G with FLB 1.0

1) Phone type:

6) Problem with the rom in detail:

Its not FROYO!!! :(

Nah man, to me, this is a brilliant ROM with no problems. Except when it gets laggy, but I know thats my fault!

Guest Simon O
Its not FROYO!!! :(

Nah man, to me, this is a brilliant ROM with no problems. Except when it gets laggy, but I know thats my fault!

Every 2.1 rom becomes laggy over time.. Lack of ram is the biggest cause :(

Guest Simon O
Ringtones missing, including - pixie dust, which I used as my email notification

thank you. Not sure why or how they ended up missing but I'll sort that out for next release.

Guest Simon O
I've had the annoying screen freezes a few times.Last night and this morning I was getting a few acore force closes as well.

It's affecting me too. I need to spend time tomorrow hunting the cause down and getting it fixed.

1) Phone type:

T-Mobile Pulse

Tmobile Hungary

yes and no

yes

no

yes

yes

When turning the wifi on with the power control widget, my phone reboots. this doesnt ahppen every time but has happened about 5 times. it also once happened when i turned the wifi off using the same widget.

Also i believe that this ROM drains the battery very quickly. i have used flb beta v1,2,3,5,5.1 FLB-MOD 1.0, and 1.1 and I think that FLB-MOB beta v3 was the best energy conserving rom.

i dont know how you've changed the ROMs but i would like to sacrifise a few apps and options (maybe the framework) to get the battery back to the level it was on beta3.

Guest Pakatus

1) Phone type:

Huawei U8230

Red Bull Mobile 2.1 Sunrise

Nope

Yes

yes. MyBackup Pro

Yes

After Wifi, i cant get phone to connect to 3G...only 2G. Checked in options, and "Use only 2G" is not selected.

Sometimes, Googles acts weird..but cant set a padron.

No other issues..brilliant rom.

I've donated and i'll keep donating if this amazing work is continued.

Props to Fibble.

Edited by Pakatus

Guest masterpfa
Ringtones missing, including - pixie dust, which I used as my email notification

I guess you'll also be wanting the "Pink" accents back too? :( :( B) :P :P

Only joking it's one of the notification tones I use too. :D

Just about to flash FLB-Mod 1.1 , I will report back if any problems.

Guest Simon O

Ok found that it's the contacts service causing the acore FC once booted.

07-25 20:51:02.121: WARN/SIM(1588): Remove the existing contacts belonging to account com.android.huawei.sim
07-25 20:51:02.151: WARN/SIM(1588): Removed the existing contacts : nRecordDeleted = 0
07-25 21:01:15.881: WARN/ActivityManager(1207): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.contacts/com.huawei.common.sim.DatabaseOpenHandlerService in 5000ms
07-25 21:01:15.881: WARN/ActivityManager(1207): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.android.contacts/com.huawei.common.sim.PhoneSvcStateHdlrService in 14999ms[/code]

Initial investigations show that the contacts app is being pushed out of memory as we don't exactly have a lot to play with.

Guest SonMauri

1) Phone type:

u8220-6

U8230 Switzerland RBM

No

Yes

Just copied APK from the nandroid backup

yes

no

Random Frezzes.

Google calendar not syncing MY calendar to my phone (shared calendars DO update) (phone to google sync do work)

Guest shran

1) Phone type: 8220

2) Which Official 2.1 ROM did you flash (T-Mobile, Tre, other) t-mobile

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu yes

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing? (yes/no) yes

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup? (yes/no) no

5) Are you using A2SD? (yes/no) no

the flash went great apart from a reset or two

i had a lok around and decided to flash the launcher update

since then my pulse wont boot

it powers on, stays at the t-mobile screen and kills the battery

if i let it run down and then try either to boot to amon ra or to red + vol down, it keeps reseting

conx without battery to mains or pc is the same

think it might be completely screwed and hopfully its not the rom (i've really enjoyed using your roms)

do i need to get in touch with t-mob for repair or can anyone help me

thanks

Guest twics

1) Phone type:

u8220

U8220 t-mobiled

yes

Yes

no

yes

yes

OK just started to get the random freezes, one when using market and three using facebook app had to pull batter to restore phone.

FC on google conversations or something like that sorry cant remember exactly what it said.

Edit>active conversations blar blar blar

Edit> buttons light up see notification bar, but black screen non responsive, getting more frequent. pull battery again. may have to jump back to 1.0 its becoming unusable :( its weird cas first few days not ONE!!! issue not one FC then yesterday.

Edited by twics

Guest Delta1292

1) Phone type:

U8220

T-mob

yes

yes

no

yes

yes

ok so i had flb 1.0 beta 5.1 working fine, then i flashed the new flb1.1 version and everything is working fine (well done btw, its so much quicker than flb1.0) apart from the fact that i cant flash the vanilla framework, when i try it goes up until verifying update package stage, then says installing update then i get "E:Syntax error in update script" followed by a installation aborted message.

Guest exeessa
1) Phone type:

u8220-6

U8230 Switzerland RBM

No

Yes

Just copied APK from the nandroid backup

yes

no

Random Frezzes.

Google calendar not syncing MY calendar to my phone (shared calendars DO update) (phone to google sync do work)

Hola SonMauri, pudiste hacer funcionar el 3G? yo tengo movistar de argentina y no logro que funcione el 3G, le instale la rom hungara y luego la FLB-MOD 1.1 a mi gusto funciona bien, pero me esta faltando la conexión a Internet.

Saludos. Gracias

Guest Plouf35

hello Flibble,

I am currently on version FLB 1.1 installed on U8230 after updating with T-Mobile Hungary 2.1

I want to move to 1.2

Should I redo the update in Tre before flashing the FLB 1.2 or will it work with Hungary?

Have you a link to update with Tre ? (I can't find it in the original TOPIC FLB)

Is the issue with "ACORE" fixed in this new FLB version ?

Thank you for your work and your answers. :(

Guest MuhaJR

Had FLB 1.1 - problem was in dropping GSM signal... all the time when screen was off...

Now I have FLB 1.2 - no problems with GSM signal, ocassional ADW wait/FC (wait, of course) and some speed gain. Installed ClockworkMod recovery, waiting for ROM Manager to work fully :-)

Overall, for now, the best ROM I had :-)

P.S. I don't like ADW too much, doesn't have notofications and can't change background of dock...

UPDATE: GSM signal dropping again occured. Reverted back to FLB 1.0 - for now (3-4 hours) no problems... Gotta find out what is going on...

UPDATE 2: It is connected with 2G adn 3G connections. When Pulse is set on 3G, drops are occurring. When is set to 2G, no drops, good signal. Is there no automatic 3G-to-2G fallback? OK, I may have weak 3G signal here, but anyway, it SHOULD fallback... And it seems like it doesn't...

And question: I have found out one low-memory-footprint launcher: Zeam. It's not crowded with options, but works fast. Is it possible to create ROM with just that launcher?

Edited by MuhaJR

Guest Fusion0306
P.S. I don't like ADW too much, doesn't have notofications and can't change background of dock...

Me too, but when I move to LauncherPro, then I kinda miss it. And then I get back to ADW... An it jus goes on and on... It would be cool if ADW and LP would merge in one app, now that woul be an UBERlauncher :(

Guest naniteboy

OK...I've tried 1.2 TRE & 1.2 TMOB and here's my experience so far.

First of all, my path to new ROMs was like that:

original 1.5 -> 1.7MCR -> official TMob HU 2.1 (with CUSTOM_HU) -> FLB betas (almost all :() -> FLB 1.0 -> FLB 1.1 -> FLB 1.2 TRE and finally FLB 1.2 TMOB.

Now - with FLB 1.2 TRE everything works fine except I still get those really annoying "widgets stop updating" errors (fancy widget doesn't show the time correctly, Astrid doesn't update it's TODO list on the widget) - this happens after ADW is unloaded and reloaded (which never happens with LauncherPro).

Then I tried FLB 1.2 TMOB but I already got quite a few FC's and 3-4 freezes (battery had to be taken out) - didn't happen at all with FLB 1.1.

Another problem with FLB 1.2 (both of them) - even I don't use and GPS (turned off in Fancy widget) - GPS keeps starting every few minutes for a few seconds and I simply can not locate the app which is causing it (maybe FancyWidget is just playing stupid and starts it up even when I manually deactivate it).

I only have four widgets over 3 screens - PowerControl on 1st, Fancy widget & Astrid on 2nd (center), Search on 3rd.

Apps that I always have:

3g Watchdog (hidden if WIFI active at home or at work)

Astrid

BatteryMinder (that simple % in status)

Mabilo Wallpapers

MemInfo (to cry about when I see how low memory really is :()

MySettings

Opera Mini

Ringdroid

Solitaire - playing this quite often (and on every exit, ADW restarts, widgets stop updating)

And that's it - I'm really not a heavy duty app user but I am planning on using iGo or similar for navigation (this was one of my original ideas when getting an Android phone) - although with current state I don't really see how it could ever work as it should :P

Now - I saw quite a few mentions of going back with time machine, putting swedish TRE version and then FLB with TRE kernel.

But I'm not quite certain how the correct order of operations would be - too many posts on too many places - so I just want to put down my check list as I currently see it and get a response if this is correct way to do it:

1) Install 1.5 ID patch (aka "time machine") (file: huawei_android1_5_version_id_dload.zip - DLOAD to SD root and; vol down + red down + power)

2) Install December update (file: U8220V100R001GBRC85B118SP01 with_Userdata.zip - DLOAD to SD root; vol down + red down + power)

3) Install official TRE ROM (file: U8220V100R001C125B822_2_1_Eclair_Sweden_H3G.rar - DLOAD to SD root; vol down + red down + power)

4) Install FLB-MOB 1.2 (file: flbmod_v1.2_tre.zip)

And finally, if some one had this done - will this really stop ADW from restarting and messing up my widgets or should I simply return to FLB 1.1 and stay put (since this worked best for me so far). Especially since I'm not quite sure if it isn't just a ADW problem and noting to do with kernel which is used...

Any help and pointer appreciated!

Guest Simon O
1.2 Tre ROM AND tmo ROM

Its stops on huawei bootscreen....again... :(

Give it time to boot. It'll take up to 5 minutes for the first boot. If it's got a problem then the boot animated will restart. If it doesn't restart but stuck on the screen then it's still loading.

Edited by flibblesan