[ROM] Liquid Community ROM E 1.8.2.2 (rebirth)

Guest malez

Guest Barleyman
To use 1.7 you MUST install 1.7 to 1.7.3 patch to fix sd issues (and others)

Moved from the other thread.

Only problem here is that I have this "cannot download anything" problem with 1.8 as well. Everything stalls at "starting download" from the market. Paid apps stall at "authorizing purchase".

I guess I'll try reversing out of app2sd next in case it helps..

EDIT: Nope, no go. Also clearing dalvik cache had zero effect. Help?

I'm traveling at the moment and apparently roaming services in mauritius do not include sms service for example, in any case I'm using WIFI only for data. I don't think market needs mobile data..

So far I've tried

1. Clearing market cache
  2. Using market enabler to fake service provider (recovery market enabler does not work for me)
  3. upgrading from 1.72 to 1.8 and wiping the ext2
  4. putting everything back to phone from SD
  5. clearing dalvik cache
  6. fixing APK UIDs

No effect whatsoever. Google sync works fine as do other internet apps. I even tried in another place with free wifi to make sure it's not some funky firewall at the hotel..

I have made titanium backup restore for apps and some other things like SMS. I guess I could try as a last resort on reinstalling the 1.8 bin and not restoring anything to see if it makes any difference. If it does not, I'm clear out of ideas here.

Edited by Barleyman

Guest malez
if someone want to try the stream camera, you can flash signed here

(nandroid backup first !!!)

Thank you very much. i must admit i have not tested it yet.

The patch must be re-applied in case of factory reset / wipe data or camera will crash

Guest Barleyman

OK, I think I got it sorted out. From the comments in android market support, it appears if you start the latest market app right after flashing firmware, it will corrupt your credentials. You should do factory reset and start Google talk 1st thing on a virgin rom. Worked for me. 2nd possibility is that Titan restore of accounts messed up things. There are a lot of people with the same problem however..

Edited by Barleyman

Guest DavidFrog
Must be be in wireless settings / wifi / press option button -> advanced option (if i remember well)

Merccii !! thanks a lot !

Actually, once in the wifi setings, need to open "menu" to see the Advanced settings button... it is not in the main interface ....

thanks again !

the real problem is the battery by the way ... :(

Guest Ramdanih

how to use volume up/down keys as d-pad left/right????

Contact is slowly.. sometimes force close.. :(

same as Droug.. I can't see galaxy live wallpaper.

Edited by Ramdanih

Guest Liquidini

just installed 1.8lcr. great job :(

hope the battery is ok because with xians i had very quick discharge.

i also flasdes pph custom kernel.

Guest malez
how to use volume up/down keys as d-pad left/right????

Contact is slowly.. sometimes force close.. :(

same as Droug.. I can't see galaxy live wallpaper.

When yoy are in a text area, volume keys will move cursor

Contacts ? strange

Do you see live wallpapers in settings / application ?

do you have TATLiveWallpapers* in /data/app/ , if you did a factory reset, the were deleted.

Guest Elisha82

Anyone running faster than 768mhz with this ROM?

I can't get SET CPU to get me past it.

Do I need a custom kernel to go past 768?

Guest Ramdanih
When yoy are in a text area, volume keys will move cursor

Contacts ? strange

Do you see live wallpapers in settings / application ?

do you have TATLiveWallpapers* in /data/app/ , if you did a factory reset, the were deleted.

Ohh, I'm understand..

How to add live wallparper again? Just install??

Do you have any tips for better battery ?? Nobody answered me.....im not alone with battery problems, am i ? Thank you

Once my battery was draining very quickly. I found it was probably because the old backed up apps which were later restored. Reflashed everything and downloaded the same apps from the market to the clean system, this way my battery problem gone.

Guest stilkus

Hey,

Lately it's been raining LCR roms and patches (which is nice :( ), but I am really excited for this LCR 1.8 :P ..

I have one question, how many galaxy live wallpapers are included ? is it all, or just the popular one ..

@ LCR DEVS :( .. thanks for all the good work. APPRECIATE

Guest malez
Do you have any tips for better battery ?? Nobody answered me.....im not alone with battery problems, am i ? Thank you

First disable 3G network when you don't use it. (Settings / Wireless / mobile network / Use only ???? network (3rd check)

The more you have applications that run as services, the more you will use battery. Some apps like battery graph or beautifull widget use a lot of battery.

Guest malez
Once my battery was draining very quickly. I found it was probably because the old backed up apps which were later restored. Reflashed everything and downloaded the same apps from the market to the clean system, this way my battery problem gone.

Intersting tips !

Guest malez
Ohh, I'm understand..

How to add live wallparper again? Just install??

Extract them from the LCR zip (in /data/app) then adb push XXX /data/app/

Guest Rajit

Hey malez, any plan for a 920 mhz boot?

And more importantly, although i have the idea, now that xian seems to have left, im sure soon the whole community would start banking upon u guys (and phh) for a smooth froyo... so, any immediate plans for the future??

Edited by Rajit

Guest ginja

I have fancy widgets on, refresh interval every hour. I am always on 3G (HSDPA) to be sure, have taskmanager on, system monitor on, email notifications etc. Couple of calls while at work, even so when I get home my bat is still above 90% :(

Guest Elisha82
Is anyone having issues with SetCPU not setting frequencies even when running?

I wasn't able to OC until I ran one of your kernels I found on XDA.

But it doesn't seem to stick to well in SET CPU. Lets me push to 960mhz but not too sure if it is staying there cause the linpack is not consistent.

I was able to get 6.6 - 6.8 Mflops on Xians's v1 consistently with 960mhz but on LCR 1.8 and your kernel I get 5.5 - 6.5 Mflops

Guest Calcvictim

I went from 1.7.3 to 1.8, both on top of the 39 rom, both clean install with a full wipe and using the 880mhz kernell on top of the image I went from 519 in quad(average) to 531(average)in 1.8....overall pretty happy.