Two apps now available free from Brass Key Software

Guest CSX321

Guest CSX321

Edit... 30 Mar 2011 - Yukon Gold updated to fix a couple of bugs

Edit... 30 Mar 2011 - Snowglobe CAB updated to include proper DLL

Edit... 11 Aug 2010 - Snowglobe updated to work on Omnia II

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, all,

I have two apps for sale in the Samsung App Store, but I've decided to release them free here on MoDaCo and possibly a couple of other forums. The CAB files are attached. I know these work well on the Omnia, Omnia II, and Saga. They should work on most WinMo phones, although Snowglobe only has accelerometer support for some Samsung and HTC devices.

If anyone has any questions or problems, please feel free to contact me here or by e-mail. Enjoy!

David Reynolds

[email protected]

P.S. These are free and unlimited versions, but a lot of work did go into them. If you like them, I'll gladly accept donations.

Here are descriptions:

Snowglobe

Everyone knows instinctively what to do with a snowglobe: shake it! And it's no different with this one, provided you have a supported Windows Mobile with an accelerometer (motion sensor). Shaking up and down and side to side causes the snow to rise and swirl in a realistic manner. If you don't have an accelerometer, all is not lost! You can also simply tap or click the screen to "shake" the globe.

Flick up, down, left, and right to choose from among a number of built-in backgrounds in several categories. Want to make it snow in Paris? No problem! Also you can use an image of your own or simply snap a photo, if your device has a camera.

Note: Long press anywhere on the screen for the menu.

Yukon Gold

This is the best, most playable solitaire game for your Windows Mobile device. It works great in all screen modes and orientations and is highly configurable and finger-friendly, no stylus required!

Play either Yukon or Klondike solitaire with two scoring modes and a high score board. There is full undo and redo, hints (suggested moves), and an option to automatically play the endgame. Choose from simple or fancy card faces and from over 20 card backs. Configure for optimal left- or right-handed play, and on non-touchscreen devices, play using the keypad.

Yukon Gold was designed especially for easy play on QVGA (240x320) or WQVGA (240x400) and smaller displays, but it is also compatible with other resolutions. On higher-resolution devices, a separate set of high-resolution card faces and backs is used.

YukonGold.CAB

Snowglobe.CAB

Edited by CSX321

Guest CSX321
I tried the "Snowglobe" but didn't work in my Omnia II's accelerometer :) ...

Hmm. The last time I tried it, it was working, but it's been some time ago. I don't have an Omnia II, but I do have access to one, so I'll check it out. Now that I think about it, it's possible I just need to build it with a different version of Samsung's SDK.

Snowglobe was my first mobile app, and was a great learning experience. Once I had the basics working, I took a lot of time to polish it and make sure it was of good quality.

Yukon I really wrote for myself. There are a lot of solitaire apps out there, but I tried a bunch of them, and I couldn't find one that suited me. Nearly all of them required a stylus to play comfortably, and the one or two that didn't were lacking in features. So, I wrote one myself that had all the features I wanted and that could be played without a stylus. I play it at least a little every day. There is one bug somewhere in the undo code, but it happens so seldom that I have never been able to track it down.

Guest CSX321
I tried the "Snowglobe" but didn't work in my Omnia II's accelerometer :) ...

Yes, I did apparently built this version with the wrong SDK. I'll post an updated CAB tonight that will work on the Omnia II.

Guest Terry666
The first post has been updated with new CAB files to fix the problem on the Omnia II.

Sorry I tried the new-one in two phones in case of ROM problem but still not working...

Guest CSX321
Sorry I tried the new-one in two phones in case of ROM problem but still not working...

Which Omnia II do you have? I tested it yesterday on an i920 (Omnia II on Verizon in the U.S.), and it worked. I think there's at least one other phone called "Omnia II", the i8000. Maybe the SDK isn't supporting the i8000? That seems strange, because it's the latest SDK from Samsung.

Would you be willing to check two things for me?

First, in the About window of Snowglobe, please make sure it's version 1.1.1.0.

If it is, then try copying the attached SensorAPI.dll file to the Snowglobe folder, replacing the one that's there. (Extract it from the ZIP file first; the forum would not allow me to attach the raw DLL.) This is just in case I (again!) somehow managed to build the CAB with the wrong DLL.

SensorAPI.zip

Guest Terry666
Which Omnia II do you have? I tested it yesterday on an i920 (Omnia II on Verizon in the U.S.), and it worked. I think there's at least one other phone called "Omnia II", the i8000. Maybe the SDK isn't supporting the i8000? That seems strange, because it's the latest SDK from Samsung.

Would you be willing to check two things for me?

First, in the About window of Snowglobe, please make sure it's version 1.1.1.0.

If it is, then try copying the attached SensorAPI.dll file to the Snowglobe folder, replacing the one that's there. (Extract it from the ZIP file first; the forum would not allow me to attach the raw DLL.) This is just in case I (again!) somehow managed to build the CAB with the wrong DLL.

SUCCESS!!!

Yes my O2 it's i8000... YES it IS 1.1.1.0 and with the new .DLL works fine.... THANK YOU

• 7 months later...
Guest CSX321

It's been a while, but I've updated the Yukon Gold Solitaire CAB in the first post with a couple of bug fixes.

I've also now ported it to Android. The Android version has additional games, more options, and a nicer look to the graphics. I'm going to stick it in the Market soon. I don't expect to sell a lot, but I feel that it is a good implementation. I like to play solitaire, especially Yukon. While there are quite a few solitaire games out there for Android, they are almost all flawed in some way. Most of them are difficult to actually *play*. When I wrote Yukon Gold, I set out to make something that was easy to play, and not a chore to use. I do play it; I "eat my own dog food," as they say, and play Yukon Gold every day on my Android phone.

I also updated the Snowglobe CAB file to include the proper DLL for Omnia II support.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

the cab I d/l'ed is v1.1.2.0 and a trial verion which requires an activatioin key

Sorry about that! It was supposed to be the full version. You can try the attached older one, if you like. (If you have an Omnia II, you will probably need to use the .dll in message #9 above after installing this one.) When I have a chance, I'll have to rebuild the cab file again and post in the original message. I don't use WinMo now, so I haven't done any development with it for quite a while.

I also have the full WinMo version of Yukon Gold Solitaire available free on my site at http://www.brasskeysoftware.com/ (bottom of the page).

snowglobe.cab