Clockwork + flb 1.31 ?how to create ext partition?

Guest spinynormanuk

Guest spinynormanuk

Hi! I've just taken 'the plunge' and installed Clockwork recovery and then FLB 1.31. Now I'm wondering how I go about creating an 'ext' partition on the SD card ... as I've just read that Clockwork doesn't actually create partitions! I'm still trying to search to find the answer, because I don't like to ask questions if they've already been asked! Device history - it came with the 1.5 Decenber update - that (for some still unknown reason) got corrupted and stopped booting, so I installed the Hungarian 2.1 update - then put the UK update onto the device. FLB is working fine ... I just want to enable apps2sd! Thanks for any help! Phil.

Guest spinynormanuk
Hi! I've just taken 'the plunge' and installed Clockwork recovery and then FLB 1.31. Now I'm wondering how I go about creating an 'ext' partition on the SD card ... as I've just read that Clockwork doesn't actually create partitions! I'm still trying to search to find the answer, because I don't like to ask questions if they've already been asked! Device history - it came with the 1.5 Decenber update - that (for some still unknown reason) got corrupted and stopped booting, so I installed the Hungarian 2.1 update - then put the UK update onto the device. FLB is working fine ... I just want to enable apps2sd! Thanks for any help! Phil.

Hi again! Looks like I've just answered my own question! I installed the 1.5.2 recovery image and did the create with that. I was hesitant to do this earlier because I wasn't sure whether the 1.5.2 image is compatible with FLB 1.31! So, for anyone who travels the same path as me - go back to Amon RA recovery - or install it first and then use Clockwork later! Phil.

• 1 month later...
Well you can use RomManager in FLB 1.31 if you have Clockwork Recovery installed and that will allow you to make the ext partition.

hey.. im using 512mb of ext at the moment with clockwork recovery installed...

i dont want to use ext anymore... how can i make ext back to 0mb?

rom manager gives an option to make ext minimum 128mb.. but i want 0mb..

plz help..

Best Regards...

Xotic

hey.. im using 512mb of ext at the moment with clockwork recovery installed...

i dont want to use ext anymore... how can i make ext back to 0mb?

rom manager gives an option to make ext minimum 128mb.. but i want 0mb..

plz help..

Best Regards...

Xotic

Wipe SD in recovery should completely clear the partitions, I believe.