voicemail issue

Guest lazyeejay

Guest lazyeejay

After help from the good people on this forum with my last issue, I thought I would see if I could get some help again. Basically I am getting voicemail texts seriously late, I got one today saying the message was left on 24th July!! I'm stuffed if it is an emergency. Is this a phone or Rom fault. I am on a rooted Orange Desire running Pirate Rum 2.2. Thanks in advance.

Guest dgcorp
After help from the good people on this forum with my last issue, I thought I would see if I could get some help again. Basically I am getting voicemail texts seriously late, I got one today saying the message was left on 24th July!! I'm stuffed if it is an emergency. Is this a phone or Rom fault. I am on a rooted Orange Desire running Pirate Rum 2.2. Thanks in advance.

I have suffered from this problem in the past and know how annoying it is!

My phone would be sitting by my side showing 3-4 bars. Then I'd get a Voicemail Alert for a message left minutes/hours ago, despite having made/received calls on the phone earlier and not moving more than a metre from my side! Exasperating to say the least!

My experience has led me to believe that this issue is caused by a combination of poor 3G reception and problems with the phone/os/radio when moving between no-signal/2G/3G. At heart the software is at fault. I've had many phones over the years that have had similar issues of not regaining reception after coming back from a no-signal area. I think the HTC Desire is an amazing device but it seems not perfect :-/

The problem is exacerbated hugely by networks like Orange having areas where 3G is quite weak, and (as far as I can tell) the phone spends a lot of time (and battery power) constantly flipping between 2G and 3G. It is during this flipping that an apparently in-reception phone can miss a call then not pickup a voicemail alert!

See Post #15 in this forum thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/139645...l-strength.html

I had some success with the 'GSM auto (PRL)' setting.

Also, whenever I power-on / restart my Desire I always get a new text message from 'Anonymous'. I was deleting this, then found out that it may be to do with controlling Orange's Voicemail Alert message, so now I merely mark it as read!

I hope some of the above is enlightening/helpful and you resolve your problems!

(N.B. I moved flat into an area with rock solid 3G reception and have not had the problem again!)

Regards, Derek

-

Guest lazyeejay

Thanks alot, I will try a couple of things and see if it makes a difference. I dont mind a delay of an hr or so but a month really isnt much good to me :D

Guest Lukas.Solobirch

Hi All,

I just got my HTC Desire back from HTC Repair Centre. It was sent to them with this problem: once on my desk or somewhere at home people can't call me - they are going straight into voicmail (I have checked that myself around hundred times calling from my landline). Phone is on, everything seems to be fine but no one can get to me.

HTC said that they has changed the antena and it will be OK.

Imagine what? I have switched the phone on, tested it in few minutes and... stil not working.

I am really considering sending them an email that I want my money back. I love this phone but what is the point of having one if it doesn't work? It does anything else, but it is not working as a phone.

And just in case anyone ask if I checked my SIM card in other phone - yes, I was using old i-mate 9502 for last month (it is taking long to get the phone back from HTC) and everything was perfect.

Anyone can help?

Lukas